PDA

View Full Version : Reverse on the 2018 Gold Wing

grendl
11-15-2017, 10:36 AM
I have reviewed the information available on the 2018 and still have a question. Will the Gold Wing 6 speed have a reverse gear? I see the GW tour will have walking speeds forward and reverse but cant tell for sure if the 6 speed manual will have this feature.
Recovering from an operation on both femurs and while it's going well that will decide which bike to purchase in a couple years(2019). Hoping this goes well and I love my '13 but without reverse may have problems. My biking days are not over !!
Anyone know for sure? Thanx...

Jimmytee
11-15-2017, 11:42 AM
I have reviewed the information available on the 2018 and still have a question. Will the Gold Wing 6 speed have a reverse gear? I see the GW tour will have walking speeds forward and reverse but cant tell for sure if the 6 speed manual will have this feature.
Recovering from an operation on both femurs and while it's going well that will decide which bike to purchase in a couple years(2019). Hoping this goes well and I love my '13 but without reverse may have problems. My biking days are not over !!
Anyone know for sure? Thanx...

As I understand it, the Goldwing bagger model only had reverse with the DCT transmission option.
The Goldwing Tour model has the same reverse in the DCT ,but has reverse similar to the previous year's models in the 6 speed manual. In other words it uses the starter. The DCT reverse is motor driven.

Cobraguy
11-21-2017, 09:47 AM
I asked the Honda Rep at Long Beach IMS that question. He said the manual tour has reverse but not the manual Goldwing.

Hook
11-28-2017, 08:16 PM
I don't mean to be stupid:icon_doh: But With the reverse do you have to HOLD the reverse button while backing up?
Hook

Radical Taz
11-28-2017, 09:36 PM
I don't mean to be stupid:icon_doh: But With the reverse do you have to HOLD the reverse button while backing up?
Hook

You only push the reverse button once to engage while in neutral and then hold the starter button to back up. Then push the reverse button to disengage.

Jimmytee
11-29-2017, 08:39 PM
You only push the reverse button once to engage while in neutral and then hold the starter button to back up. Then push the reverse button to disengage.

That would be the old way and the way the 6 spd Tour will operate. The DCT should be different . The reverse is powered from the motor.