PDA

View Full Version : Caller ID Module?

Wuzard13
11-20-2017, 11:53 AM
Hey guys, wandering if there is anything out there that will act as a caller id for an iPhone for the bike. I know I can just set the phone on a ram mount, but my thinking is, if I go down and can't reach my phone it's not much good to me. Thinking I would rather keep it on my person, and since I use a Cardo Packtalk in my full face, it would be nice to still be able to see who's calling in while the phone is in my pocket. Anyone know of anything specifically that gets used on GLs? Thinking something really slim to mount up under dash or something. Thanks for any input!

okf6b
11-20-2017, 09:55 PM
I don't know what version iPhone you have but iOS 10 should have an 'Announce Calls' option under phone settings. Not sure if that option will function through the Cardo but it might be worth a try.

Wuzard13
11-20-2017, 10:17 PM
I don't know what version iPhone you have but iOS 10 should have an 'Announce Calls' option under phone settings. Not sure if that option will function through the Cardo but it might be worth a try.

It does, and sometimes it works, sometimes it just reads the number even though they are in my phonebook. Was hoping it would show me the callers name all the time. Not a big deal at all, I rarely answer the phone, especially when driving, but at this point, I hardly remember anyone's number these days. Thanks for the headsup though :yes:

shortleg0521
11-22-2017, 09:23 AM
Hey guys, wandering if there is anything out there that will act as a caller id for an iPhone for the bike. I know I can just set the phone on a ram mount, but my thinking is, if I go down and can't reach my phone it's not much good to me. Thinking I would rather keep it on my person, and since I use a Cardo Packtalk in my full face, it would be nice to still be able to see who's calling in while the phone is in my pocket. Anyone know of anything specifically that gets used on GLs? Thinking something really slim to mount up under dash or something. Thanks for any input!

Some GPS units have Bluetooth that will work as a caller ID.

Wuzard13
11-22-2017, 02:27 PM
Some GPS units have Bluetooth that will work as a caller ID.

Ah, that gives me a good idea, thanks for that!

willtill
11-25-2017, 06:49 AM
Yes, I have the same issue, don't know who's calling unless I can see my IPhone. So have opted for a handlebar mount at the moment with it.

Nothing worse like answering a blind call. :icon_rolleyes:

Wuzard13
11-26-2017, 09:14 PM
Yes, I have the same issue, don't know who's calling unless I can see my IPhone. So have opted for a handlebar mount at the moment with it.

Nothing worse like answering a blind call. :icon_rolleyes:

EXACTLY! Even though I am on the no call list, I still get a lot of BS that makes it through. Would be nice to see whos calling before I answer.