PDA

View Full Version : New member

Joflewbyu2
12-05-2017, 08:51 AM
Just swapped my blue 14 Valkyrie for a pearl yellow 14 F6BD. The bagger has Honda LED fog lights, Cobra six-2-six chrome exhausts, Mustang seat, Show Chrome heated grips with Show Chrome bar ends, Rivco black anodized highway pegs, Kuryakyn cup holder cubby. Bike has 6k miles. Previous owner just put new Dunlop E4 tires on and had her serviced. I changed the shaft drive gear lube to Mobil Delvac and did the engine oil with Honda HP4S 10/30 with a K&N 204 filter.

Probably going to take off the Rivco highway pegs and sell them if I have any takers for $225 shipped. Also noticed front wheel has no weights and is balanced smooth but rear wheel has 2 center clip on weights. Was thinking of removing the weights and installing the tire beads through the valve stem for the rear. Just not sure as I have to do more research.

Walcrow
12-05-2017, 09:12 AM
Welcome to the "B" hive. You'll find just about everything you might want to know about the B, and some things you might want to disregard :yikes: Enjoy the threads and post some pics of the new ride.

opas ride
12-05-2017, 12:18 PM
Just swapped my blue 14 Valkyrie for a pearl yellow 14 F6BD. The bagger has Honda LED fog lights, Cobra six-2-six chrome exhausts, Mustang seat, Show Chrome heated grips with Show Chrome bar ends, Rivco black anodized highway pegs, Kuryakyn cup holder cubby. Bike has 6k miles. Previous owner just put new Dunlop E4 tires on and had her serviced. I changed the shaft drive gear lube to Mobil Delvac and did the engine oil with Honda HP4S 10/30 with a K&N 204 filter.

Probably going to take off the Rivco highway pegs and sell them if I have any takers for $225 shipped. Also noticed front wheel has no weights and is balanced smooth but rear wheel has 2 center clip on weights. Was thinking of removing the weights and installing the tire beads through the valve stem for the rear. Just not sure as I have to do more research.

Just my opinion, and several riders on this site, but I would stay away from tire beads and have the tires balanced if you feel the need...Some swear by these beads, but most do not!!....Ride safe and enjoy your F6B...

crossbowme
12-05-2017, 01:29 PM
Welcome aboard!

F6Dave
12-07-2017, 12:04 PM
I have a front wheel on my old Valkyrie Interstate that is very difficult to balance. The wide aluminum wheels Honda used on those old Valkyries occasionally had that issue. I finally tried Dyna Beads and it solved the problem. I now use the beads in all my bikes.

I should add that the price of Dyna Beads is ridiculous. It's essentially ceramic proppant that's often used in place of sand for hydraulic fracturing. Energy service companies use MILLIONS of pounds of this in a single frac job, paying a tiny fraction of the price we get charged.

opas ride
12-07-2017, 12:17 PM
I have a front wheel on my old Valkyrie Interstate that is very difficult to balance. The wide aluminum wheels Honda used on those old Valkyries occasionally had that issue. I finally tried Dyna Beads and it solved the problem. I now use the beads in all my bikes.

I should add that the price of Dyna Beads is ridiculous. It's essentially ceramic proppant that's often used in place of sand for hydraulic fracturing. Energy service companies use MILLIONS of pounds of this in a single frac job, paying a tiny fraction of the price we get charged.
Glad they worked on your old Valk...but for the most part, they are a waste of money and not worth a decent balance job.....Ride safe

2wheelsforme
12-07-2017, 01:57 PM
If it ain't broke don't fix it!

F6Dave
12-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Glad they worked on your old Valk...but for the most part, they are a waste of money and not worth a decent balance job.....Ride safe

It sounds like you have some first hand experience with dynamic balancing. Specifically, what kind of problems have you seen? On what kind of wheels/tires and with which balancing product?

2wheelsforme
12-08-2017, 08:17 AM
I also had poor results from both Dyna Beads and Ride On and will continue to use regular lead weights balancing the tire from now on.

Ixol Phaane
12-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Congrats on your new ride. You’re gonna love it. And you got the fastest color, too! :icon_biggrin:

If you’re interested in selling the Rivco pegs, then you should list them in the Classifieds section of the forum. Someone will jump on ‘em. 👍🏽

Welcome to the club. Ride safe.

Joflewbyu2
12-08-2017, 09:51 AM
I was going to but ran into a problem when taking them off. The previous owner used double stick adhesive to the lower cover so they are attached securely. Being I did not want to scratch nor damage anything I did not try anything except for pulling. So unless someone is in my area or willing to swap their bottom cover to get the Rivco, it looks like I will keep them.

Congrats on your new ride. You’re gonna love it. And you got the fastest color, too! :icon_biggrin:

If you’re interested in selling the Rivco pegs, then you should list them in the Classifieds section of the forum. Someone will jump on ‘em. 👍🏽

Welcome to the club. Ride safe.

olegoat345
12-08-2017, 11:25 PM
I've been using "beads" in my bikes since 2005. Never, ever had a single problem & I like to ride much faster than I should. Had my "B" over 100mph, smooth as silk & I've never had a problem, not one.. 1oz in the front, 2oz in the rear. Always smooth as silk.
If you put too much in, or leave the old weight on, bent rim, bad tire, you might have a problem. 'nuf said.