PDA

View Full Version : Cycle World Magazine GW Test

Circle-5
12-07-2017, 12:17 AM
Initial test of the 2018 GW in Japan.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2iu2s1l.jpg

jm21ddd15
12-07-2017, 08:20 AM
Nice article. The new bike sounds very good. Looking at the picture, I just don't know where anyone could mount "forward" footpegs, without drilling holes. Hope they come up with something, as most riders like to move around on long trips. It looks as tho cornering clearance would be lessened, if they were mounted on the small protruding engine guard. Maybe the new "cockpit" will be so comfortable, riders won't want to stretch out their legs. Not sure that will work for the "tall" riders. Just have to wait and see.

opas ride
12-07-2017, 12:21 PM
Initial test of the 2018 GW in Japan.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2iu2s1l.jpg

Not really a test as such, just the riders opinion for now, which was good....Hope one of these mags compare the new GW with BMW, Indian, Yamaha and other big bikes in the near future....Ride safe

six2go
12-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Not really a test as such, just the riders opinion for now, which was good....Hope one of these mags compare the new GW with BMW, Indian, Yamaha and other big bikes in the near future....Ride safe
You know that's gonna happen. I would imagine that "Rider" and/or "MCN" will be doing that when they can round up the suspects. Sometimes it's hard for the mags to get the bikes they want(exactly) because the "test fleets" get passed on from one mag to another. They don't always get a "fresh" one for their test.

opas ride
12-07-2017, 04:29 PM
You know that's gonna happen. I would imagine that "Rider" and/or "MCN" will be doing that when they can round up the suspects. Sometimes it's hard for the mags to get the bikes they want(exactly) because the "test fleets" get passed on from one mag to another. They don't always get a "fresh" one for their test.

Yes I know, just suppose I am a little curious how they fair against each other down the road...I personally prefer "MCN" tests over the others. Really makes no difference to me right now as no new bike is in the cards for the immediate future as I am sticking with my current 2013 F6B Deluxe as it runs great, has a "ton of extra bucks invested" (spent) and only has 14,000 miles on the odo....Ride safe

DMAGOLDRDR
12-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Nice article. The new bike sounds very good. Looking at the picture, I just don't know where anyone could mount "forward" footpegs, without drilling holes. Hope they come up with something, as most riders like to move around on long trips. It looks as tho cornering clearance would be lessened, if they were mounted on the small protruding engine guard. Maybe the new "cockpit" will be so comfortable, riders won't want to stretch out their legs. Not sure that will work for the "tall" riders. Just have to wait and see.

The "tip over protectors" below the Heads are just plastic covers that pop right off to gain access to the Bar for mounting Pegs. BUT... the bars do not have a lot of room behind them. At the show the after market guys said they are already working on it!!!