PDA

View Full Version : How come?

2wheelsforme
12-08-2017, 10:12 AM
I often see writing with some weird lettering in a post. I'm sure people are not typing this stuff. What gives? Example: If you’re

Phantom
12-08-2017, 11:41 AM
I don't see what you are talking about, first I have heard of anything like this :shrug:

BIGLRY
12-08-2017, 12:13 PM
I don't see what you are talking about, first I have heard of anything like this :shrug:
I get the same thing...kind of funny how it shows up. I cut and pasted the example from 2wheelsforme's post. You see the last word came out as.... you’re I see it on a lot of post with no rhyme or reason to it(I added the red and font size). Here is another one from a post by Ixol Phaane in another thread ‘em. 👍🏽 so you see it is random you never know when it will show up.:icon_biggrin:

DMAGOLDRDR
12-08-2017, 01:01 PM
I just thought it was some kind of emoji I couldn't see. But I do see it quite often also.

BIGLRY
12-08-2017, 01:50 PM
I just thought it was some kind of emoji I couldn't see. But I do see it quite often also.Yea, I thought the same thing, but there was no pattern to the symbols that I could figure out and after looking at more post I found it everywhere in the front, middle and end of random post. I guess it is one of them computer smoke and mirrors things. :icon_lol:
http://www.talklocal.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/iStock_000019534916XSmall.jpg

shortleg0521
12-08-2017, 02:07 PM
See if the people that have that condition are using an Apple device.

BIGLRY
12-08-2017, 04:24 PM
See if the people that have that condition are using an Apple device.No Apple products here, I've never had any nor used any.

willtill
12-08-2017, 04:37 PM
I've seen what is being talked about. I'll take a screen grab next time I see it and post it in this thread.

2wheelsforme
12-08-2017, 05:10 PM
I do not use apple either. I think that is coming from something in this forum, maybe it only affects certain people or the system they use like Apple or something else. The people I've seen it in their post include Ixolphaane, Sorcerer, David K, F6Bster, Radical Taz and AV8er. Do those Posters have something in common?

willtill
12-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Here is what they are talking about. I went to my work laptop and pulled up the Forum with IE11 on Window 7:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2dml4n.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2l8c010.jpg

shortleg0521
12-08-2017, 08:22 PM
Here is what they are talking about. I went to my work laptop and pulled up the Forum with IE11 on Window 7:

Ya that's what I see also, wonder where the strange inscription comes from.

3Chief
12-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Like others I thought it was an emoji I could see but it does pop up everywhere and makes reading some posts a bit difficult.

BIGLRY
12-08-2017, 10:29 PM
Like others I thought it was an emoji I could see but it does pop up everywhere and makes reading some posts a bit difficult.
I agree 100% :yes: and feel lucky if that is the most "difficult" thing I encounter through my day bro. :shake2:;roughrider;

Radical Taz
12-08-2017, 11:14 PM
All I ever use is an Apple IPad

RickW
12-09-2017, 07:55 AM

When did you start seeing this?
Has it been in the last week?

2wheelsforme
12-09-2017, 08:19 AM
For several or many weeks, maybe after the upgrade that was talked about. Like said, not a biggie, threads still readable.

RickW
12-09-2017, 10:01 AM
For several or many weeks, maybe after the upgrade that was talked about. Like said, not a biggie, threads still readable.

Ok, that's what I needed to know. We did not upgrade. The forum had to be moved to a different server on our account. I have not seen any of that using FireFox or IE.
We have been working with VBulletin to get full functionality back. We have not had much luck with them yet.

2wheelsforme
12-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Ok, that's what I needed to know. We did not upgrade. The forum had to be moved to a different server on our account. I have not seen any of that using FireFox or IE.
We have been working with VBulletin to get full functionality back. We have not had much luck with them yet.

This one is in the thread and looks to be where an apostrophe is used. "Where Should The Rally Take Place" post # 183 and posted on 10-10-17. If you go to that thread are you saying you don't see the strange lettering using FireFox? I use IE and I see this:

Okay all you guys and gals... here’s my $0.02.

I’ve attended The Rally for the past three years. Each has been a great time with great folks that have become friends and some fantastic roads and day rides.

Round-trip travel distances for me from Phoenix, AZ were about 3800 miles to Franklin, NC... 2600 miles to Russellville, AR... and 3600 miles to Pigeon Forge, TN. I’ll let you figure out the travel times. Two of these three rallies were based within 100 miles of each other.

I’m not retired , but I made the effort to get there for the sake of the ride, the camaraderie and the discovery of new roads. Those are the big reasons I bought this bike.

willtill
12-09-2017, 10:31 AM
This one is in the thread and looks to be where an apostrophe is used. "Where Should The Rally Take Place" post # 183 and posted on 10-10-17. If you go to that thread are you saying you don't see the strange lettering using FireFox? I use IE and I see this:

Okay all you guys and gals... here’s my $0.02.

I’ve attended The Rally for the past three years. Each has been a great time with great folks that have become friends and some fantastic roads and day rides.

Round-trip travel distances for me from Phoenix, AZ were about 3800 miles to Franklin, NC... 2600 miles to Russellville, AR... and 3600 miles to Pigeon Forge, TN. I’ll let you figure out the travel times. Two of these three rallies were based within 100 miles of each other.

I’m not retired , but I made the effort to get there for the sake of the ride, the camaraderie and the discovery of new roads. Those are the big reasons I bought this bike.

You need to take screenshots and then post it; for what you see 2wheelsforme. Different browsers and OS platforms are rendering the anomaly. What you just posted above does not show the anomaly as I am viewing ii in Google Chrome/Windows 10.

2wheelsforme
12-09-2017, 11:12 AM
You need to take screenshots and then post it; for what you see 2wheelsforme. Different browsers and OS platforms are rendering the anomaly. What you just posted above does not show the anomaly as I am viewing ii in Google Chrome/Windows 10.

Now we are getting somewhere. It is the browser you are using to read rather than to post that causes the change. Now you computer geeks have more to go on. LOL

2wheelsforme
12-09-2017, 11:16 AM
I just used Edge to access the forum and the crazy writing is gone. So it looks like the problem only exist with IE.

Phantom
12-09-2017, 01:36 PM
I still don't see what is being described. I do see the screen captures with the anomalies

Just weird :017:

BIGLRY
12-09-2017, 03:51 PM
I just used Edge to access the forum and the crazy writing is gone. So it looks like the problem only exist with IE.
We are getting the anomaly narrowed down. I only see the symbols when in IE browser not in Chrome or Fire Fox and it is NOT on all post, very random, I just read a post that I know shows the symbols in IE, but does not show in Chrome or Fire Fox. As far as I can tell only the apostrophe seems to be effected, like in I've or I'd and we've, but there again not in all post.

Funny they don't show up while I preview my post nor in my post on my computerand I use IE 99% of the time. This has been showing up for many months, not just recently.

Phantom
12-17-2017, 10:45 PM
I just read some articles on Yahoo News, the WEIRD letters and symbols appear in some of the articles. It appears to be a system wide issue on PC's ????