PDA

View Full Version : Be careful during the holiday parties.

BIGLRY
12-08-2017, 04:50 PM
I would like to share a personal experience with all of you about drinking and driving.
As you well know, some (including me) have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on the way home from an occasional social session over the years.
A couple of nights ago, I was out for an evening with friends and had a couple of cocktails.
Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before ~ I took a cab home.
Sure enough, I passed a police road block but, since it was a cab, they waved it past.
I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise; as I have never driven a cab before and am not sure where I got it or what to do with it now that it's in my carport.:shhh:

willtill
12-08-2017, 04:55 PM
I would like to share a personal experience with all of you about drinking and driving.
As you well know, some (including me) have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on the way home from an occasional social session over the years.
A couple of nights ago, I was out for an evening with friends and had a couple of cocktails.
Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before ~ I took a cab home.
Sure enough, I passed a police road block but, since it was a cab, they waved it past.
I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise; as I have never driven a cab before and am not sure where I got it or what to do with it now that it's in my carport.:shhh:

:icon_lol: Good one Larry.

Walcrow
12-08-2017, 06:45 PM
:lolup::lolup::lolup:

3Chief
12-08-2017, 09:46 PM
LOL!!

On a side note... On my first TDY to North Island several years ago they had one of those fancy Californian DUI check points coming on to Coronado. I was working graveyard and was waved by on the bike, the poor guys on my crew right behind me got directed in and were an hour late to work :icon_mrgreen:

DMAGOLDRDR
12-09-2017, 08:16 AM
I never thought of a Cab,, I took a City Bus home after a night of drinking. Man was that fun to drive !!!!

Retired Army
12-09-2017, 08:23 AM
Now you have done that, how long before cabs get pulled over to check to see if they are stolen? :icon_rolleyes:

crossbowme
12-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Reminds me of an incident when I was first stationed in Germany (a very long time ago). A drunken major aviator stole a CH-37 (grandfather to a CH-53) after a night of heavy drinking. He brought it back safely but it cost him his career.

pickensace
12-09-2017, 11:11 AM
You ain't right Larry!! If I ever make it to Cali again I am gonna have to look you up.:icon_biggrin:

Pumper
12-14-2017, 10:39 AM

TFF Larry...

taxfree4
12-14-2017, 03:04 PM

You had me going up until the last line, I thought it was some epiphany you had after all those years of taking chances and then WHAM I got rick rolled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

BIGLRY
12-14-2017, 03:26 PM
You had me going up until the last line, I thought it was some epiphany you had after all those years of taking chances and then WHAM I got rick rolled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0HA HA :lolup: