PDA

View Full Version : Timing chain cover bed liner material application

Joflewbyu2
12-20-2017, 10:57 AM
My front wheels spits up road debris all over my timing chain cover and now the paint is starting to come off. I know an option would be a fender extender but I do not like the look and am not contemplating that option at this time. My thought is a timing chain cover with a tough matte black material that I have seen in truck's bed liners. Has anyone thought the same or have done it? Would make a nice compliment especially if the lower exhaust guards / heat shields were done the same.

2wheelsforme
12-20-2017, 11:30 AM
I have used the rattle can truck bed liner paint and it is pretty tough. About 11 bucks per can. I used it on a fairing that gets hit at speeds with some giant bugs and it has suffered no marring at all. If rocks damaged it, not hard to touch up with another spray.

2wheelsforme
12-20-2017, 11:31 AM
Also note the deference in a true brand name Fenda Extenda and the fender extenders sold by some others, it is smaller and I think looks just fine.

druggr
12-20-2017, 02:45 PM
If you do get a fender extension, be sure to get the Hondaline one. It's much shorter then the rest and less likely to get caught on pavement edges and cracking the back fender. The other thing you might consider are various timing chain covers available. However, the ones I've seen are all chrome.

Walcrow
12-20-2017, 02:50 PM
I can recommend FLEX SEAL in the spray can. Used it for my passenger back rest extension I made from Home Depot flat steel pieces. Sprayed them with Flex Seal and it's tough as hell stuff and it's a dull finish that would work on the cover nicely.

Shiv
12-20-2017, 11:52 PM
I coated my Lower cowl, exposed frame, chrome exhaust covers, and instrument panel with bed liner about 12K miles ago. Looks great, washes easy, and is easy to fix. Another forum had a caution about which brand to use - I think it was Dupli Color but won't promise. Fixed my ugly lower cowl - I just polish the timing cover with compound once in a while. Looks like chrome.
YMMV

Shiv

98valk
12-21-2017, 01:11 AM
I coated my Lower cowl, exposed frame, chrome exhaust covers, and instrument panel with bed liner about 12K miles ago. Looks great, washes easy, and is easy to fix. Another forum had a caution about which brand to use - I think it was Dupli Color but won't promise. Fixed my ugly lower cowl - I just polish the timing cover with compound once in a while. Looks like chrome.
YMMV

Shiv

Sure would be nice if pics could easily be posted like the old days, and like every other site on line. There is no other site that I visit that I can not post pics. So Whassup!!! Too cheap or too stupid?? It's been a very long time and I have tried to be patient. :icon_evil:

broncsrule21
12-21-2017, 03:07 AM
Sure would be nice if pics could easily be posted like the old days, and like every other site on line. There is no other site that I visit that I can not post pics. So Whassup!!! Too cheap or too stupid?? It's been a very long time and I have tried to be patient. :icon_evil:

what he said^^^

ShanghaiDan
12-21-2017, 07:46 PM

Bandwidth, storage, and costs... Get a free Photobucket account, pop your photos there, then put the link here - that works!

Walcrow
12-21-2017, 10:25 PM
What planet are you living on? Photobucket is $399.99 per year. That's not FREE in my book. They screwed us last summer, Dan. If you can get it for free AND post photos here, let us know how that works.

Phantom
12-22-2017, 12:02 AM
Too cheap or too stupid?? It's been a very long time and I have tried to be patient. :icon_evil:

As we mentioned in the past, There is a flaw with this V-Bulletin version that we have spent months and many technical hours trying to resolve the issue. meantime third party sites are our option at this moment until we find the broken link. We out grew the photo storage server, during the transfer by GoDaddy to a much larger not so cheap :icon_rolleyes: server something went wrong and GoDaddy has not been able to find the problem either.

V-Bulletin technicians for MONTHS have NOT been able to find the flaw either, so I guess they must be too stupid. :jerkit:
Months ago, we were told that we could upgrade to the latest V-Bulletin platform, so we tried. I've been told by RickW that this option or attempt to upgrade now is not possible or will not bring this website over.

Several of us continue to search for a solution, until then we can't get our pay raise :crackup: Where do you want us to return your paid membership fee? :moon:

ShanghaiDan
12-22-2017, 12:52 PM
What planet are you living on? Photobucket is $399.99 per year. That's not FREE in my book. They screwed us last summer, Dan. If you can get it for free AND post photos here, let us know how that works.

Huh? Seems free to me (http://photobucket.com/signup/), there is that big "FREE ACCOUNT" thing at the top. If you want it for the entire SITE, yes - you need to pay. For individuals who post pictures here? Get your own free account and go for it! NOTHING is stopping you, and when your photo is in PhotoBucket and you want to share it - click share, and copy the link, then paste it into your response. Simple and easy!

Here is a photo from my FREE PhotoBucket account:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn150/HaoDaMao/DrinkingAndDriving_zpsn7iqd7yt.jpg

Creative use of a Jack Daniels bottle, found this last August on Bali! And here's one for our Canadian friends, again posted from my FREE PhotoBucket account:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn150/HaoDaMao/Canadians_zpsgwppguoz.jpg

That wasn't so hard, was it?

RLatt
12-22-2017, 01:15 PM
Huh? Seems free to me (http://photobucket.com/signup/), there is that big "FREE ACCOUNT" thing at the top. If you want it for the entire SITE, yes - you need to pay. For individuals who post pictures here? Get your own free account and go for it! NOTHING is stopping you, and when your photo is in PhotoBucket and you want to share it - click share, and copy the link, then paste it into your response. Simple and easy!

Here is a photo from my FREE PhotoBucket account:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn150/HaoDaMao/DrinkingAndDriving_zpsn7iqd7yt.jpg

Creative use of a Jack Daniels bottle, found this last August on Bali! And here's one for our Canadian friends, again posted from my FREE PhotoBucket account:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn150/HaoDaMao/Canadians_zpsgwppguoz.jpg

That wasn't so hard, was it?

OMG - as Larry the cable guy would say.....now that there is funny!
-- well done Dan!

Walcrow
12-22-2017, 01:17 PM
I stand corrected then. I'll give it a try. All my Photobucket pics over many years are not available without the $400 fee. I was not aware of the Free Account option. I'll upload some images tonight and see if they post here. Thanks again. Imgur has been working great for me so far.

P.S...........Tried Photobucket with the FREE ACCOUNT. There was no SHARE link anywhere. I'll stick with IMGUR.

JackB
12-23-2017, 07:55 AM
Photobucket doesn't work for me.
I tried Imgur but it didn't work with my iPad.
Posting.net works with my iPad.

CNC Nut
12-23-2017, 08:58 PM
http://s987.photobucket.com/user/albertaclipper/library/?sort=3&page=1

ShanghaiDan
12-23-2017, 11:30 PM
http://s987.photobucket.com/user/albertaclipper/library/?sort=3&page=1
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/albertaclipper/20171222_205853.jpg
So I moused over the upper left corner of your picture, and selected "share". Then I copied the IMG link. I removed the URL tagging from it. And the result is what you see here - a single picture, from your Photobucket!

Walcrow
12-23-2017, 11:50 PM
Sorry Dan, but it still does not work. When I move the mouse over to the IMG box, it blacks out and CANNOT be copied. Don't know what magic crap is in your mouse, but my mouse is one dead rat.

ShanghaiDan
12-24-2017, 11:32 AM
Sorry Dan, but it still does not work. When I move the mouse over to the IMG box, it blacks out and CANNOT be copied. Don't know what magic crap is in your mouse, but my mouse is one dead rat.

Hmmm... When you move your cursor (HAH! Take that "m0use" filter!) over the image there should be three horizontal bars that appear in the upper left corner. Then you can go over them and a little drop down menu pops up.

Another alternative is to click on the picture in your library, that brings it up in full-screen. Then you will have links you can copy and paste - they will be to the right of the picture.

98valk
01-04-2018, 03:03 PM
Where do you want us to return your paid membership fee? :moon:

Blah, blah, blah. No need to return my fee. I just spend most my time on the other good sites (as others are doing).

If you think this is not affecting your sponsers, you are not as smart as you think. Bye-bye .... I'm done here. :moon: