PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a 2014 F6B?

unsub
10-30-2013, 08:07 PM
With all that I've gathered it appears that Honda will not be manufacturing a 2014 model of the F6B. What is interesting though are the number of Motorcycle bloggers that refer to the 2013 F6B as the 2014 F6B. I wont bother to provide sources, as all you need to do is search term <2014 F6B> and the 2013's turn up.

November is here, does anyone have a good direct source for the 2014 Honda Motorcycle line up, and does it contain the F6B?

Mustangjake
10-30-2013, 08:43 PM
I don't think they changed anything the goldwing the F6B and the ST1300 are the same way

Trike lady
10-30-2013, 08:51 PM
I visited the Honda website from Japan and there was no mention of a 2014, but then they are secretive.
http://www.world.honda.com/group/Japan/

MichaelG
10-30-2013, 09:01 PM
The word is.............:icon_mrgreen:.........Honda is moving the GL-1800 platform line back to the USA, and into the Volunteer State (that is going to make some of you look it up).

That means, just like there was no 2011 model year of Goldwings...there will probably be no 2014 model year for the Goldwings or F6B.

I discussed this yesterday with someone of importance at a dealership, and this is what he has heard too.

Rumor ? :shhh: Fact ? :shhh: Time will tell :shhh:

4DI2D
10-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Miles,
You know that distorting rumors with fact makes for a dull forum! :021:

Scotrod
10-30-2013, 10:25 PM
How does that famous speech go????

Ask NOT what the 2014 F6B can do for you.... Ask what you can do on a 2015 F6B!,,,

:iduno:

bobbyf6b
10-30-2013, 11:05 PM
Why the hell would they spend all that time and money moving the factory back to Japan to just bring it back here? Doesn't make sense. I guess we'll see.

Scotrod
10-30-2013, 11:17 PM
Why the hell would they spend all that time and money moving the factory back to Japan to just bring it back here? Doesn't make sense. I guess we'll see.

IMHO, the market for such bikes is primarily here in North America. That same market tanked back in ~08~ or so and Honda saw more $$$ to be made by making Accords and Civics than Wings and VTX's. Less $$$ to convert Marysville OH to car production than to build a new facility, especially when left over VTX's were flooding the market. (Wings too? dunno).

Ship the tooling back overseas and limit production till stock is depleted and the economy shows signs of recovery.

At that time, consider manufacturing/expansion closer to the marketplace.(here, not Asia).

That, and when you throw enough incentive$$$$$$ at a big Corporation, it all starts to add $$$$$$ up,,,,

smokinjoe187
10-31-2013, 05:15 AM

because...some experiments just dont work...look here we gotts the best of the goldwing without the old grumpy part...my hog brothers bow down before the wrath of my f6b...
next question....

smokinjoe187
10-31-2013, 05:17 AM

have you EVER seen them do it correct???
should have left it where it was...but look we got a BITCHIN BIKE...

opas ride
10-31-2013, 11:56 AM
It is my understanding, from a fairly good source in Tennessee, that the state gave Honda a "HUGE,HUGE" tax incentive to move there...As said on an earlier post, North America is the primary souce for Goldwings and F6B type motorcycles and the company has always done a good job of making a profit and that is what it is all about.....As long as quality does not suffer, they will continue to build bikes in the US as they do cars......

av8rdave
10-31-2013, 12:08 PM
As far as I know, they don't presently make any motorcycles in the US. They previously made the Wing and the Valk in Marysville, but moved that back to Japan some years ago.

edgeman55
10-31-2013, 12:43 PM
They were waiting till they could pay 8 bucks a hour for there new employees here in the new USA-LOL.OH well mabe in 2015 the paint will be better.

fl1madmax
10-31-2013, 12:46 PM
How does that famous speech go????

Ask NOT what the 2014 F6B can do for you.... Ask what you can do on a 2015 F6B!,,,

:iduno:

with all that Torque and Horse Power lets have a 6 speed and get the Gas Mileage up to 50 where my Harley's were !
I would rather be cruising at 2200-2400 than 3200 rpm

Scotrod
10-31-2013, 02:54 PM
with all that Torque and Horse Power lets have a 6 speed and get the Gas Mileage up to 50 where my Harley's were !

40 mpg or 50,,, doesnt matter much either way to me, but I'd take it if it was free! LOL!. I could see dropping 3-400 rpm, but 800-1000 might be a bit much.

Besides, them tiny little "300 cc" Honda slugs don't mind a little rpm,,,

bobbyf6b
10-31-2013, 02:54 PM

I agree on the 6 speed thing. If the OD light wasn't on the dash I'd be constantly looking for another gear.

F6BPDX
10-31-2013, 04:25 PM
To me the bike "feels" best between 2700-3500ish. If I try to stay in the 2-2.5 range it doesn't seem to have the same snap so I don't know if a 6th gear would mean much to me. Of course that could also be why my average MPG is only 37 so far. :icon_redface:

robrm250
10-31-2013, 09:28 PM
They were waiting till they could pay 8 bucks a hour for there new employees here in the new USA-LOL.OH well mabe in 2015 the paint will be better.

That probably makes sense,Alabama kicked them out and most went to Tennessee.

Steve 0080
10-31-2013, 09:53 PM
Gona have a hard time convincing me that Honda packed all their Sh!t and moved it home just to pack it up and move back..... I did here there would be no 2014 F6B

smokinjoe187
11-01-2013, 03:55 AM
Gona have a hard time convincing me that Honda packed all their Sh!t and moved it home just to pack it up and move back..... I did here there would be no 2014 F6B

lets just hope that its just a one and done...i personally love this dam bike...btw..i hate to say this but my bike is at saddleman....getting the proto of there saddlegel seat for the f6b!!
Been riding one that they added gel to for about three months....all i can say is wonderful!!! fixed that crack burning excuse for a seat...ride everyday and no pain...

Scotrod
11-01-2013, 08:30 AM
lets just hope that its just a one and done

Be careful what you wish for!!! :nono:

Nothing positive EVER comes out of a 'one and done' until perhaps DECADES after it's 'done', and no guarantee even then.

The Polaris MSX line of watercraft was a 'one and done'. Not worth a dayum dime now 10 yrs later.

Just sayin!

Cool Hand Luke
11-01-2013, 09:26 AM
I would prefer F6B continues, that would lead to more accessories and the value of bikes will be more stable. If it stops after only one year many manufacturers, if not all of them,will drop producing parts for them as there would be a very small market. Also, many GW guys would say 'I knew it wouldn't sell without reverse and cruise' so of course value will drop. If production does continue maybe other colors will be offered, paint process perfected, abs and cruise may be offered (maybe on deluxe version for more money like it should have been from the beginning).

No matter what I plan to own it for the next five years at least. I have bought extended warranty from Honda that is transferable and unlimited mileage. So, if I sell it after five years of ownership the buyer will have two more years of warranty, which to me sounds like a great selling feature. Of course, I may continue to enjoy it longer, but the chances are in five years something else may come out on the market that I may like better, such as a new version of F6B (F8B? :icon_wink:) or a new GW.

Pedro66
11-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Honda are doing what they and every manufacturer do in the rest of the world, back in England where I come from if you buy a vehicle in 2010 its a 2010 model and is registered that way regardless of when built its when its sold as new we just had a VIN plate with no model year on it, its like any other product a screwdriver could be 5 years sitting in a box but you buy it from Lowes and its brand new the day you get it, obviously vehicles are a little different and models change slightly every few years to keep the market moving but certainly not every year like we have here.

US buyers do not have the money to change bikes just to have the latest as much now this is why we are seeing these gaps, take a look on the Honda website they still sell and have stock of the ST1300 model years 2010 and 2012 there was no 2011 nor 2013 indeed take a look at all the models you will see 2012 and 2013 for the main.

Go take a look on the Honda UK site the GL1800 is just listed no model year just "New for 2012" http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/tourers/#!/gl1800/

Finally Honday only got models out in February/March of this year here we are 8 months on do you think a new model year is coming this soon?

Will you see ABS, Reverse etc on the F6B I would say that Honda are going to change nothing for several years if ever too much money has gone into this bike and they will not alienate current owners and left over stock by devaluing current product

Scotrod
11-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Agree fully with CHL and Pete.

If there is no 2014 F6B, I would hope that it is only due to the (rumored) plant moving to TN and be back in 2015.

F8B???? Ole Chit!!! :icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

Pedro66
11-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Agree fully with CHL and Pete.

If there is no 2014 F6B, I would hope that it is only due to the (rumored) plant moving to TN and be back in 2015.

F8B???? Ole Chit!!! :icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

I doubt that the plant would move back unless Honda is getting serious .gov money to do so which is always possible but would normally be plastered everywhere for all to see.

They moved back to Japan because of the declining world market and needing work for the Japanese plants and workers, they moved lots of the high volume low cost Asian market motorcycle production that was being done in Japan to Thailand etc to accommodate moving the US and European production in Japan, they would of spent serious coin doing this they would need serious incentives to move it only 2 years later but as the global market has not really changed I cannot see they would have work for the Japanese workers to which the loyalty must lie as per local tradition.

Cool Hand Luke
11-01-2013, 11:03 AM
I wish we in the US have the same kind of loyalty and tradition...

Pedro66
11-01-2013, 11:40 AM
I wish we in the US have the same kind of loyalty and tradition...

Yes indeed, in Japan it has been the case that you went to work for a big company for life, and pretty much they owned you but took care of you (In a Japanese way) sadly because of the world the way it is this is now changing although it seems companies like Honda are doing the best to keep people working at home.

Cool Hand Luke
11-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Maybe 2014 Goldwing will see major improvements to the air bag design :icon_twisted:

RT59
11-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Maybe 2014 Goldwing will see major improvements to the air bag design :icon_twisted:

Oh crap... my wife saw this post before I did which has officially taken the new airbag model off my radar.

hiflyer
11-01-2013, 02:40 PM
My wife was the model for the new air bag!

unsub
11-01-2013, 03:07 PM

I hope their air bag improvement strategy doesn't fall between the cracks.

smokinjoe187
11-01-2013, 03:50 PM
lets just hope that its just not one and done...i personally love this dam bike...btw..i hate to say this but my bike is at saddleman....getting the proto of there saddlegel seat for the f6b!!
Been riding one that they added gel to for about three months....all i can say is wonderful!!! fixed that crack burning excuse for a seat...ride everyday and no pain...

beautiful week end to ride though!!

smokinjoe187
11-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Be careful what you wish for!!! :nono:

Nothing positive EVER comes out of a 'one and done' until perhaps DECADES after it's 'done', and no guarantee even then.

The Polaris MSX line of watercraft was a 'one and done'. Not worth a dayum dime now 10 yrs later.

Just sayin!

i forgot the not....

ths61
11-01-2013, 05:33 PM
I hope their air bag improvement strategy doesn't fall between the cracks.

Or poke your eyes out in cold weather !!!

hondabikepro
11-02-2013, 03:11 PM
as a dealer we have not hurd anything about honda not making a 2014. we are out of gl1800 goldwings, and thery are not avaiable to order, so i would find it hard to believe that honda would not make a 2014 goldwing, and run the f6b at the same time, the gl1800 is a very good selling model, in all trim levals. dale