PDA

View Full Version : Heli bars

JerryC
12-28-2017, 08:41 AM
I am about 5 weeks into my 2015 F6b. I am having a problem with shoulder and neck pain when I ride and I think it is due to the position of the bars. I am 6'5". I am hopeful that the heli bar will alleviate some of this; I am hoping my gorgeous masseuse will help also :icon_lol.
Can anyone opine on whether the helibar has helped with making riding more comfortable, at least in terms of reach and raising the bars?

DaWadd
12-28-2017, 11:01 AM
Well I'm 6 ft on a stock seat and the HeliBars gave me the right height and wrist angle to make me comfortable. I did try a set of risers that helped but not as good as the HeliBars. Pricey but well worth it IMO."coffee"

crossbowme
12-28-2017, 02:48 PM
I'm a Helibars fan but you might want to give them a call. There a small company and you'll talk to a real person. I only hesitate because I don't know how much lift it has built in.

Walcrow
12-28-2017, 03:09 PM
Jerry.......

This video might or might not help with the adjustments with the bars......narrated by the man who holds the patent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYrKznB0VQg

timbo2
12-28-2017, 07:53 PM
I am 6'3" and had pretty impressive shoulder pain that I tried to remedy w/risers.
I finally pulled the pin on the Heli's even though I feared they wouldn't give me enough rise - smartest decision I made since I decided to get my B. It took about a week of tweaking to dial 'er in and no more pain. AND, if I want I can adjust any/all of those angles while on long trips although so far I haven't needed to.

taxfree4
12-29-2017, 12:14 AM
I actually have risers under the HeliBars because the Russell sat me back a bit further than stock and they perform fine. The range of adjustment on them is practically endless and have the best set of installation instructions, bar none.

BIGLRY
12-29-2017, 08:18 AM
I actually have risers under the HeliBars because the Russell sat me back a bit further than stock and they perform fine. The range of adjustment on them is practically endless and have the best set of installation instructions, bar none.
:lolup: I agree 100%

olegoat345
12-29-2017, 11:14 AM
I brought my bike used, w/ HEILI bars. I did a dealer test ride w/ OEM bars. All I can say is, the HEILI bars are the most comfortable bars I've ever used. HEILI bars & a Russell Day long saddle will be money you'll be glad you spent. Dat's my 2 cents worth.

BIGLRY
12-29-2017, 03:07 PM
I brought my bike used, w/ HEILI bars. I did a dealer test ride w/ OEM bars. All I can say is, the HEILI bars are the most comfortable bars I've ever used. HEILI bars & a Russell Day long saddle will be money you'll be glad you spent. Dat's my 2 cents worth.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/hNz4g1i7hvh1JdAgXgigVw-_P-OTwtCvJFfqEaJju5oMm5jUKvdrBT-PqYPbzBjTpl8QB-Mx1A=s234

JerryC
12-30-2017, 12:55 PM
Thanks to you all for your input. I will call heli and talk to them. I plan on ordering this winter. I don't want to miss riding the USA due to back pain!

Walcrow
12-30-2017, 02:03 PM
Jerry..........

Ask for Harry Eddy. He's the President. Start at the top.

tnitro1
01-08-2018, 02:38 PM
I finally decided to purchase a set of helibars today with a Utopia backrest everyone I can't wait to install them though I have to wait a couple of months because I have snow now also what brake fluid did you guys use any Dot 4 or does it have to be special brake fluid also thinking about changing the head bearing did any of you do this while you were in there or you just going to wait till it goes bad I wish I would have purchased some sooner I have both MLB Riser standard and tall and the $29 ones work the best but you can't change the wrist angles and I also bought the utopia backrest for the standard seat and I have about 11000

Av8er
01-08-2018, 09:46 PM
I finally decided to purchase a set of helibars today with a Utopia backrest everyone I can't wait to install them though I have to wait a couple of months because I have snow now also what brake fluid did you guys use any Dot 4 or does it have to be special brake fluid also thinking about changing the head bearing did any of you do this while you were in there or you just going to wait till it goes bad I wish I would have purchased some sooner I have both MLB Riser standard and tall and the $29 ones work the best but you can't change the wrist angles and I also bought the utopia backrest for the standard seat and I have about 11000

:shock:

tnitro1
01-22-2018, 08:40 PM
Installed helibars today. It was not too bad the right grip took forever. Still have to bleed lines.
cables are a little tight. wont be able to try for a while as I am in new York.

olegoat345
01-23-2018, 09:50 AM
the type brake & clutch fluid is on top of the brake & clutch master cylinder. Stick with the OEM fluid.

tnitro1
01-23-2018, 04:50 PM
I put type 4 also is there any particular reason why they don't tell you in the instructions to glue the left hand grip back on just to slide on. I did not glue mine on for now.

Xrider57
02-28-2018, 01:40 AM
What kind of risers did you mount them on? Do you have enough cable and lines? I just installed mine but took the kuryakyn risers off. I'm thinking about putting them back on.

Walcrow
02-28-2018, 07:13 AM
I'm pretty sure taxfree has Kuryakyn risers on his bike. He had to leave them on due to one of the bolts had a stripped out head and could not remove it. Cables were tight but functional. If I'm wrong, he'll chime in when he and the Pit Bull wake up.