PDA

View Full Version : New Member Potential New Owner

bcultra
01-07-2018, 08:29 AM
Hello all, New member here, in the past I've had Goldwings (1500 & 1800 versions) along with other touring style Bikes.

I Joined in order to learn about the F6B. There's a 2016 F6B 13,000 miles ask is $14,900 at a local Multi Brand dealer. Has a Passenger backrest, aftermarket shield, not much else. Matte B/W.
I currently ride a Kawi C-14, I'm looking at the F6B as my wife just isn't able to get comfortable on the Kawi.
Question is any known issues I should look for on a 16? How far off is the ask on this bike?
Thanks in advance, looking forward to enjoying this forum.

Allen Framen
01-07-2018, 09:02 AM
I cannot offer an opinion on the pricing, but my 2016 F6B has over 20,000 miles on it with not a single problem. And there is room in North Carolina for another F6B!

af

Az Wingrider
01-07-2018, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the forum. I have a 2015 F6B with about 50,000 miles and I am very satisfied with it. I have a friend with about 75,000 miles on his 2014 and he is also a big advocate of the F6B. Other than the brake recall the only issue he and I have in with him common is the crank position sensor. He has replaced his and I have had to disconnect the battery twice and reboot the ecm twice on mine. I think this is one of the most reliable bikes on the road and have no plans on replacing mine. If you are concerned about your wife's comfort you might consider a full Goldwing because of the backseat.

As for the price I have nothing to offer you other than the fact that the B is not holding its value very well and with the new Wing coming out that might have a further impact on their resale value.

Good luck and once again welcome

2wheelsforme
01-07-2018, 12:13 PM
Get one ASAP so you can start enjoying it. They are a great buy right now but why wait trying to get a lower price. If it is the color you want I think that is most important. I don't think what year it is matters much and the biggest difference is does it have cruise control (started in 15) and maybe a back rest (delux I think) and maybe that is not important to you. Someone has a matt grey 15 for sale on this board that looks good.

olegoat345
01-07-2018, 03:15 PM
In my decades of riding, I've owned several dozens MC's. By far my '13 "B" is the best bike I've ever owned. Brought it used, almost 2 years ago. The previous owner had done a great job of installing some very nice farkles. I've changed & added a few things to "make it mine." It rides great & handles like a big sport bike, doesn't feel like a 800+ lb machine...... Never a single problem. Honda did their homework (as they always do) when they designed this bike. You won't regret buying one. = The bunch on this forum are very, very helpful. Welcome & good luck.

tpa
01-07-2018, 05:22 PM
Hello all, New member here, in the past I've had Goldwings (1500 & 1800 versions) along with other touring style Bikes.

I Joined in order to learn about the F6B. There's a 2016 F6B 13,000 miles ask is $14,900 at a local Multi Brand dealer. Has a Passenger backrest, aftermarket shield, not much else. Matte B/W.
I currently ride a Kawi C-14, I'm looking at the F6B as my wife just isn't able to get comfortable on the Kawi.
Question is any known issues I should look for on a 16? How far off is the ask on this bike?
Thanks in advance, looking forward to enjoying this forum.

i bought my standard '13 from a dealer for $14,990 in 12/2014. it had 1 mile on it back then. is the '16 a deluxe or standard? that would factor into the cost. i don't think heated handles would really make a big difference for me (and i'm in MN), but i find the center stand essential. i've put over 35,000 on the bike. the only issue i had is a blown tire valve (in central ND) last summer. i have yet to meet a F6B owner who isn't thoroughly satisfied with it.

druggr
01-07-2018, 05:33 PM
You might consider a full dressed GL1800. Most wives are very happy riding on those. Because they carry more **it, it means many who own them take longer trips, and you might find that once you get a GoldWing making longer trips is what you really want to do.

bcultra
01-07-2018, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the replies, don’t really care for the full Goldwing, have had 2, a Yamaha Venture 99 model and a HD Ultra Classic. Tired of the big bikes. Have had 2 Road Glides and the C 14 and find that I much prefer the Bagger style.
We’re in the best time of the year to buy a bike. Already seeing January specials. I’ll see what kind of offer I can get.

Walcrow
01-07-2018, 11:06 PM
You might consider a full dressed GL1800. Most wives are very happy riding on those. Because they carry more **it, it means many who own them take longer trips, and you might find that once you get a GoldWing making longer trips is what you really want to do.

You're right about carrying more **it, that's why I bought this HUGE SOB. At least I can remove it with 4 bolts when she's working out of town.............

https://i.imgur.com/lPcZYQt.jpg