PDA

View Full Version : Headphone Volume Balance Setting?

Sabian
01-12-2018, 07:49 PM
So I installed some JM Headsets and am only getting volume from one speaker. Both sides are plugged in. Is there a balance setting for the headsets on the bike?

shortleg0521
01-12-2018, 09:34 PM
So I installed some JM Headsets and am only getting volume from one speaker. Both sides are plugged in. Is there a balance setting for the headsets on the bike?

There is no balance control.
Sounds like it's one of two th8ngs I think, headset or plugs.

shortleg0521
01-12-2018, 09:36 PM

Forgot to ask are they plug in or blue tooth ?

druggr
01-12-2018, 09:37 PM
No balance. On cars, ears can be in various places from left to right. However, on a Wing, ears are pretty much always centered and the same when they are in a helmet. Therefore, there is no need for a balance control. Your issue is almost always in aftermarket cords or in the headset. If your helmet has a pigtail hanging from it, be sure to check that one too.

ReserveBum
01-13-2018, 07:44 AM
Try to pull the connector where it plugs into the bike out @ 1/16". Some connectors are made differently and if they ground against the bikes connector, it wont work.

Sabian
01-13-2018, 03:20 PM
Forgot to ask are they plug in or blue tooth ?

Plug in....

Sabian
01-13-2018, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the input! Played around with it last night. I noticed that the left channel is working, just didn't sound like it. I changed the SRS HP setting to on which helped, moved around the speakers which also helped a little, but it just doesn't seem to have the volume in the left speaker than the right for some reason. Can't understand why they wouldn't give you a balance adjustment?

shortleg0521
01-13-2018, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the input! Played around with it last night. I noticed that the left channel is working, just didn't sound like it. I changed the SRS HP setting to on which helped, moved around the speakers which also helped a little, but it just doesn't seem to have the volume in the left speaker than the right for some reason. Can't understand why they wouldn't give you a balance adjustment?

No consideration for the old and hearing impaired!

Sabian
01-13-2018, 09:46 PM
No consideration for the old and hearing impaired!

Lol...my saving grace is that I have Scala Rider Headsets for my other bike and don't have the same issue.