PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Six-2-Six in Black on the Dyno!

CobraUSA
10-31-2013, 04:56 PM
Hey Guys,

Well... the black systems are shipping as we speak, so expect them very soon!

Also, we threw a set on an F6B and put it on the dyno this morning. Made 103.6 HP to the wheel, not bad! Stock came in at 102 even, but we didn't expect much of an increase being that most of the HP robbing parts are ahead of the muffler.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it!

Thanks,
Dustin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huIFXCR9jwU

jlyon
10-31-2013, 10:07 PM
The dyno sheet from when I had my F6B done...

CobraUSA
11-01-2013, 10:35 AM
The dyno sheet from when I had my F6B done...

Dang, those are good numbers! Congrats!

MercuryF1
11-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Hey Guys,

Also, we threw a set on an F6B and put it on the dyno this morning. Made 103.6 HP to the wheel, not bad! Stock came in at 102 even, but we didn't expect much of an increase being that most of the HP robbing parts are ahead of the muffler.

Thanks,
Dustin

Dustin,

Can you please post more pictures of those black pipes on the F6B?

motozeke
11-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Hey Guys,

Thanks,
Dustin

OH LORDY what a sweet noise! I've never really been tempted by slip ons on my other bikes but it's incredible how these transform the character of the bike. Maybe "unleashes" is a more appropriate term...

opas ride
11-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Hey Cobra people...Are the baffles used in your latest test the same ones used in the chrome pipes?? Also,when do you thing the chrome covers for the pipe area by the clamps and welds will be available??...Per my earlier post and discussion with Mike these, I was told, would be provided free of charge to customers...I had my pipes installed by the dealer so how will you know where to send these unless someone contacts us on an individual basis.....Still waiting for my answer about the drone issue with a non-stock windshield, per your question to me.....Opas ride.......

CobraUSA
11-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Hey Cobra people...Are the baffles used in your latest test the same ones used in the chrome pipes?? Also,when do you thing the chrome covers for the pipe area by the clamps and welds will be available??...Per my earlier post and discussion with Mike these, I was told, would be provided free of charge to customers...I had my pipes installed by the dealer so how will you know where to send these unless someone contacts us on an individual basis.....Still waiting for my answer about the drone issue with a non-stock windshield, per your question to me.....Opas ride.......

Hello,

The baffles are the same in the chrome and black varieties... I'm not sure what you are talking about with the chrome cover, no such thing exists and we have no intentions of creating one. I spoke with Mike and he claims he never said that to you, so I don't know what to tell you. I'm also unsure as to what an extra cover would even cover. You're supposed to use the stock chrome cover to hide the CATs, and you're set.

Thanks,
Dustin

opas ride
11-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Dustin......Better check again with your guy Mike as I did not fabricate any story about these covers...As I said on previous posts, look at the black F6B on your web-site photo and you will see a much cleaner look/fit that does not expose the welds/clamps that are on the pipes on my bike...I am not complaining, or have any issues with this, I merely brought it up when discussing the drone issue and baffle questions regarding aftermarket windshields that may add to the drone....I plan on keeping my pipes for now and can live with the drone, but am merely looking for, maybe, some help from you guys....I sent a PM to Dustin and I hope you get it..Regards.....

CobraUSA
11-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Dustin......Better check again with your guy Mike as I did not fabricate any story about these covers...As I said on previous posts, look at the black F6B on your web-site photo and you will see a much cleaner look/fit that does not expose the welds/clamps that are on the pipes on my bike...I am not complaining, or have any issues with this, I merely brought it up when discussing the drone issue and baffle questions regarding aftermarket windshields that may add to the drone....I plan on keeping my pipes for now and can live with the drone, but am merely looking for, maybe, some help from you guys....I sent a PM to Dustin and I hope you get it..Regards.....

PM'd

opas ride
11-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Dustin, I sent you a pm but not sure it worked right...Thanks for the nice response and all is well with me..I suppose I got some bad info and that's okay...I think the taller windshield has a lot to do with the drone sound at highway speeds and I can adjust to it, Just do not want to hurt my ears...I noticed that with the face shield up on my HJC helmet the drone is not as bad so I will experiment with several different things next spring and find a workable solution...I love the look of the pipes, and the fit and finish is great so for now I am okay with them....Again, thanks for caring and responding to my concerns......

CobraUSA
11-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Dustin, I sent you a pm but not sure it worked right...Thanks for the nice response and all is well with me..I suppose I got some bad info and that's okay...I think the taller windshield has a lot to do with the drone sound at highway speeds and I can adjust to it, Just do not want to hurt my ears...I noticed that with the face shield up on my HJC helmet the drone is not as bad so I will experiment with several different things next spring and find a workable solution...I love the look of the pipes, and the fit and finish is great so for now I am okay with them....Again, thanks for caring and responding to my concerns......

No problem, sorry for the confusion!

Limbuck
11-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Hello,

The baffles are the same in the chrome and black varieties... I'm not sure what you are talking about with the chrome cover, no such thing exists and we have no intentions of creating one. I spoke with Mike and he claims he never said that to you, so I don't know what to tell you. I'm also unsure as to what an extra cover would even cover. You're supposed to use the stock chrome cover to hide the CATs, and you're set.

Thanks,
Dustin

Use the stock chrome covers with the black pipes? Please clarify. I'm interested in a set of black pipes but I want everything black.

CobraUSA
11-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Use the stock chrome covers with the black pipes? Please clarify. I'm interested in a set of black pipes but I want everything black.

you need to reuse the shield that covers the catalytic converters, which Honda provides. We will be offering a black one sometime in the future as an accessory option.

Thanks,
Dustin

bobbyf6b
11-21-2013, 01:20 PM
you need to reuse the shield that covers the catalytic converters, which Honda provides. We will be offering a black one sometime in the future as an accessory option.

Thanks,
Dustin

I think it would look cool if the black pipes were designed to look smooth without the chrome covers. Like if the front of the slip on tapered down. I would toss the chrome cover.

Batwing
11-24-2013, 08:42 AM
Dustin,

Can you please post more pictures of those black pipes on the F6B?

So here are the elusive black pipes. Not exactly what i was hoping for especially with the silver clamps and having to reuse the chrome heat shield. Hopefully Cobra will QUICKLY create and sell a matching heat shield. On a positive note i like the sound and finish :icon_wink:

bobbyf6b
11-24-2013, 02:36 PM
So here are the elusive black pipes. Not exactly what i was hoping for especially with the silver clamps and having to reuse the chrome heat shield. Hopefully Cobra will QUICKLY create and sell a matching heat shield. On a positive note i like the sound and finish :icon_wink:

Any drone for you?

Batwing
11-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Any drone for you?

No drone but it could be because i pulled out 1 of the baffles.

Bruce B
11-24-2013, 03:23 PM

Just remove the heat shields and have them powder coated. I had mine done to match the black of my "Rush Racing" pipes and am very satisfied. Takes a while to do it as there are a few pieces that need to be removed before you can get to the one bolt that hold each of the heat shields in place. Well worth the effort. I posted some pics under a thread about Rush pipes. Would work just as well on the Cobras.

opas ride
11-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Batwing...Looking for a possible solution to quiet the drone somewhat..Which baffle did you remove and is there any way to describe the sound change?? A little louder or lots louder or not much change???Any comments would be helpful as the drone sound is killing me at constant speeds..55-75mph...Thanks

Batwing
11-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Batwing...Looking for a possible solution to quiet the drone somewhat..Which baffle did you remove and is there any way to describe the sound change?? A little louder or lots louder or not much change???Any comments would be helpful as the drone sound is killing me at constant speeds..55-75mph...Thanks

I removed the baffle from the longest pipe on both sides. It's not obnoxious but is louder than it was with the baffles all in. I have stock shield and wear a full face helmet so maybe that plays into me not hearing the infamous drone. It's in the30's here so I won't be riding for a lil bit.