PDA

View Full Version : CT, MT back and forth

2wheelsforme
01-23-2018, 02:32 PM
Changing to the summer CT on the F6B I was surprised and happy at how much the feel did not change. It changed a lot for the worse on my VTX but I'm still running it. After a couple of thousand miles I have swapped back to MT and instantly noticed how the bike falls into turns better with little effort. So I think this will be the last CT I purchase, of course I can't seam to wear the one out on the VTX, this one might be the same case. I do plan to put it back on in July for the trip to Cortez, it is not bad at all and has some advantages like better traction and predicable longer tread life.

willtill
01-23-2018, 04:34 PM
Pro's and cons to each. It's good we have choices and can use them.

Life would be so boring if not.

seagravesg
01-23-2018, 06:14 PM
Please clarify the CT vs. MT references....for this novice.

2wheelsforme
01-23-2018, 07:13 PM
Car Tire and Motorcycle Tire.

crossbowme
01-25-2018, 09:09 AM
Changing to the summer CT on the F6B I was surprised and happy at how much the feel did not change. It changed a lot for the worse on my VTX but I'm still running it. After a couple of thousand miles I have swapped back to MT and instantly noticed how the bike falls into turns better with little effort. So I think this will be the last CT I purchase, of course I can't seam to wear the one out on the VTX, this one might be the same case. I do plan to put it back on in July for the trip to Cortez, it is not bad at all and has some advantages like better traction and predicable longer tread life.

Thanks for info. I was on the fence about using a CT but will refrain from doing that for the present.

2wheelsforme
01-25-2018, 11:48 AM
If you can get your hands on an extra wheel (even silver GW wheel is fine) trying a CT is worth checking out. Many people love it and it certainly has some advantages.