PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Hotel Advice

ff73148
01-28-2018, 01:57 PM
Me and some friends are planning to ride the roads in SouthEast Ohio this summer. Can anyone give me some hotel/motel suggestions. Thanks.

shortleg0521
01-28-2018, 04:50 PM
Where in Ohio?
I have stayed along interstate 70 a few times.
There are quite a and few in that area.

Allen Framen
01-28-2018, 05:01 PM
The Lafayette Hotel in downtown Marietta is a good choice. It's right on the Ohio River and has a decent restaurant and bar. Other restaurants and bars are downtown and are within walking distance.
http://www.lafayettehotel.com/

allen

six2go
01-28-2018, 05:37 PM
In October I spent 4 days in Athens, OH riding the Windy Nine motorcycle roads. Had a great time, the roads are in very good condition, and you have to search real hard to find a straight road. I stayed at the Baymont Inn in Athens. Nice hotel with a Bob Evans restaurant right out front.If you come in on Rte. 50, use the State Street exit and it will take you to the Hotel which is right behind the Bob Evans.
You can get a free map mailed to you here. http://athensohio.com/wheretoplay/ohios-windy-9/windy-9-request-form/
I had such a good time I am planning on returning this year.

vstar09
01-29-2018, 07:58 AM
As Allen stated the Lafayette Hotel in Marietta is a great place to stay in that area. I stay there 5 or 6 times a year when riding that area

Bighutch14
01-29-2018, 06:09 PM
In October I spent 4 days in Athens, OH riding the Windy Nine motorcycle roads. Had a great time, the roads are in very good condition, and you have to search real hard to find a straight road. I stayed at the Baymont Inn in Athens. Nice hotel with a Bob Evans restaurant right out front.If you come in on Rte. 50, use the State Street exit and it will take you to the Hotel which is right behind the Bob Evans.
You can get a free map mailed to you here. http://athensohio.com/wheretoplay/ohios-windy-9/windy-9-request-form/
I had such a good time I am planning on returning this year.
Thanks for the map link. We plan on riding that area for a couple days before the Cherokee rally.

ff73148
01-30-2018, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

Python
02-22-2018, 10:07 AM
Rt 555 from Zanesville to the Ohio river is a interesting ride. RickW does rides through out Ohio and could be helpful. The Athens area has good roads as well, if you go through Portsmouth the Ribbler is a stop popular to riders.

Felloverboard
02-22-2018, 10:52 AM
Rt 555 from Zanesville to the Ohio river is a interesting ride. RickW does rides through out Ohio and could be helpful. The Athens area has good roads as well, if you go through Portsmouth the Ribbler is a stop popular to riders.

Rt 555 can be a dangerous rd. 3 people died on motorcycles on that route on the section close to the Ohio River in 2016. There are many small farms, houses and driveways on a rolling hill section that makes for many blind entrances till you come right upon them. I stayed at my brothers house in Little Hocking that summer and found many good riding areas surrounding the whole region. That is one preferable thing about riding us129 (Dragon) you can see both sides of a switchback on those gentle rolling hills with no farms, houses or driveways for 11 miles. The danger there is all the new young riders that are trying to prove themselves with their new bikes.

davep
02-23-2018, 07:07 PM
Quality Inn Cambridge Ohio. Stayed there for a few days a couple of years ago for 3 days riding in area. Stayed there last month traveling home from DC. Got senior rate very low. Nice place up on hill just off I 70.