PDA

View Full Version : Day Light Savings Time......

Steve 0080
11-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Don't forget to " fall back " or you will be really early for church !!!!!

bobbyf6b
11-02-2013, 11:27 PM
What's daylight savings time?

Steve 0080
11-03-2013, 08:21 AM
We can't help it your state does not play !!!!

Deer Slayer
11-03-2013, 09:00 AM
I believe that it's government plot to mess with your sleep!

Scotrod
11-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Kinda wish the rest of the world took AZ's lead and said "WTF do we need DST for ANYWAY????" :icon_doh:

Steve 0080
11-03-2013, 10:37 AM
It done to help little children as they wait for the bus in the dark hours of the morning..... although there are many other benifits.... maybe just split the difference and leave it alone ?

Yeahoo Whoyah
11-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Kinda wish the rest of the world took AZ's lead and said "WTF do we need DST for ANYWAY????" :icon_doh:

I agree 100%. The cost to industry associated we time changes far exceeds the benefits.

Retired Army
11-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Look at it this way there is more time to ride off into the sun set.

4DI2D
11-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Except for the fact that you now have to sneak out of work early to see a sunset! :banghead:

bobbyf6b
11-03-2013, 06:54 PM
We don't have it cuz the last thing we want all summer is another hour of the brutal sun in the afternoon.

Westernbiker
11-04-2013, 10:49 AM
This has ALWAYS been a confusing thing to me and I see it this way. You cannot save daylight! The sun comes up and the sun goes down at certain times and those times change at certain times of the year and moving the hands on your clock forward or backward does not extend or retract any daylight! When the sun is up we have daylight and when the sun is down.......well I think ya'll get it! :icon_mrgreen:

ths61
11-04-2013, 12:00 PM
When told the reason for daylight saving time the old Indian said…

‘Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it to the bottom of a blanket and have a longer blanket.’

bobbyf6b
11-05-2013, 12:00 AM
When told the reason for daylight saving time the old Indian said…

‘Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it to the bottom of a blanket and have a longer blanket.’

Good one! :icon_lol:

Darkknight
11-05-2013, 06:15 AM
As a youngster (I never thought I say that!) I was told the reason for daylight savings time up here in NE was for farm / crop production. Farming was a way of life and many generations lived on the same property to support the family business. They also would find additional work in the surrounding towns. The non-farming work / school schedules needed to be adjusted to allow people to tend to the family farms both before and after working and going to school in town.

It made sense to me but then again things were different then... The sisters at the school would would smack us with wooded yard sticks or pointers if we were talking in class. Then send a note home and we'd catch it again from our parents. We didn't talk back and we didn't have the Dept of Child Services on speed dial of our cell phones...umm, phone booths. Man I feel old.

YEP, the good old days. I pumped gasoline at my dads station for $0.27 / gallon (Hi-Test) AND had to wash front and rear windshield, check tire pressure and check oil for every customer. OK, waaayyy off topic. sorry.

jkelley
11-05-2013, 08:45 AM
As a youngster (I never thought I say that!) I was told the reason for daylight savings time up here in NE was for farm / crop production. Farming was a way of life and many generations lived on the same property to support the family business. They also would find additional work in the surrounding towns. The non-farming work / school schedules needed to be adjusted to allow people to tend to the family farms both before and after working and going to school in town.

It made sense to me but then again things were different then... The sisters at the school would would smack us with wooded yard sticks or pointers if we were talking in class. Then send a note home and we'd catch it again from our parents. We didn't talk back and we didn't have the Dept of Child Services on speed dial of our cell phones...umm, phone booths. Man I feel old.

YEP, the good old days. I pumped gasoline at my dads station for $0.27 / gallon (Hi-Test) AND had to wash front and rear windshield, check tire pressure and check oil for every customer. OK, waaayyy off topic. sorry.

Holy shit, sounds like me. I'm depressed now.....