PDA

View Full Version : Ram ball mount

Av8er
02-07-2018, 01:24 PM
How do you mount your Ram ball accessories? I need one to mount my phone on the left side. I have a x grip for the phone but no Ram ball to mount it too.
Thanks in advance.

BuzzzPhotos
02-07-2018, 01:35 PM
I have 3 on my bike. 2 on the left side. One mounted to the clutch bolts that is used for X grip. I've fount it perfect for iPhone 7+. Never comes loose. When I had a 5 as a phone I used large rubber bands to give it more grip strength. My drink holder is on the right side mounted to the brake bolts. I like the quality of Ram Mount products.

F6Bster
02-07-2018, 01:37 PM
Lots of ways to go.

https://www.rammount.com/activity/motorcycle-mounts

gregj
02-07-2018, 01:46 PM
How do you mount your Ram ball accessories? I need one to mount my phone on the left side. I have a x grip for the phone but no Ram ball to mount it too.
Thanks in advance.

I got the adapter for the clutch perch for my X mount. Works great.

olegoat345
02-07-2018, 02:23 PM
I drill & tapped a old mirror perch for my GPS but the ways are almost endless. = think about a "ram lock" for things you want to leave on bike. I lock my ebay, $69.99 rebuilt TomTom & leave it on the bike 24-7. I figure if it gets ruined from rain or stolen I'm out $69.99, not $600 - $800 bucks for a hi end one. It gets to & from, just as good as the hi end ones.

Av8er
02-07-2018, 02:57 PM
I drill & tapped a old mirror perch for my GPS but the ways are almost endless. = think about a "ram lock" for things you want to leave on bike. I lock my ebay, $69.99 rebuilt TomTom & leave it on the bike 24-7. I figure if it gets ruined from rain or stolen I'm out $69.99, not $600 - $800 bucks for a hi end one. It gets to & from, just as good as the hi end ones.

The only thing I do not like about the car GPS is the inability to play the adio through the speakers of the bike.

2wheelsforme
02-07-2018, 03:23 PM
I used a u-bolt flat mount and replaced the u-bolt with a flat piece of metal with two holes in it and pinched the bar for my GPS. Lower down the bars and a swivel piece to get the unit exactly where I wanted it. A clutch perch for the cell phone on the left and another on the right for drink holder. A 60 dollar gps is no where near "just as good" as a top of the line Zumo not even in the same league so really not comparable.

broncsrule21
02-07-2018, 03:46 PM
I don't have the ram mount but if they make an adaptor that mounts to the clutch perch....That works well i think. Kuryakyn does this..its quite nice IMHO.

RickW
02-07-2018, 07:35 PM
Thanks in advance.

Here is a picture of the Left Side on our F6B. You can get either a Single or Double Ball Mount (http://store.valueaccessories.net/singleordouble1ballclutchbrakereservoirbase.aspx).

http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/Ramb30921.JPG

ReserveBum
02-07-2018, 08:30 PM
One on the Madstad base...perfect for phone or gps. Double ball on left handlebar for whatever

Tabasco
02-25-2018, 10:56 PM
One on the Madstad base...perfect for phone or gps. Double ball on left handlebar for whatever
I have been staring at my bike for a few days trying to figure what mount I want for my Zumo when I saw your post. I had an old ram ball steering head mount laying around so I cut it down and re-drilled the hole out a little larger to accept a longer bolt then mounted it to the Madstad base. Works great, I like that the gps stays put there and doesn’t move with the handlebar risers.

pdxstriper
02-26-2018, 01:26 PM
Motorcycle Larry’s offers a replacement reservoir cap that has a ram mount ball on it. Very clean and places things right where I want them - within my line of sight but not obstructing my view.

http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_11&products_id=8

Av8er
03-01-2018, 09:40 PM
Motorcycle Larry’s offers a replacement reservoir cap that has a ram mount ball on it. Very clean and places things right where I want them - within my line of sight but not obstructing my view.

http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_11&products_id=8

Don’t order from them!!! I ordered one like that several months ago and it never got shipped. I gave them 7 weeks to ship it and called daily for the last 3 weeks with not a single answered phone. Reading online, I think they may have pretty much ceased all operation but are still taking orders via their website.
I ended up having to go to my credit card company to get my money back.
Steer clear for sure.

2wheelsforme
03-02-2018, 07:45 AM
Don’t order from them!!! I ordered one like that several months ago and it never got shipped. I gave them 7 weeks to ship it and called daily for the last 3 weeks with not a single answered phone. Reading online, I think they may have pretty much ceased all operation but are still taking orders via their website.
I ended up having to go to my credit card company to get my money back.
Steer clear for sure.

That cap sure looks like a good idea. Thanks for the warning Av, was thinking about getting one just to have it in case. Not needed enough to take a chance putting my CC out there.