View Full Version : RUSH exhaust

olegoat345
02-11-2018, 04:01 PM
Any of you folks have a RUSH exhaust? I sure would like some honest feedback on the RUSH system. Please tell me about quality / workmanship, sound, fitment, material, looks, would you buy RUSH again, anything else you like or dislike. I like the idea of changing baffles to change the loudness. Value Accessories has a fair price.
Thanks !!

zzh54
02-11-2018, 07:00 PM
I've had them since I purchased the bike almost. I enjoy the tone they emit, I have the 2 1/2 baffles. Easy on fitment, and looks nice. I did paint the elbows tins before the pipes went on.

Lonny
02-11-2018, 07:09 PM
Torque loops

Radical Taz
02-11-2018, 09:19 PM
I did a brief write up two weeks ago concerning my experience with Rush pipes Titled “Not another Drone thread”
Build quality, fitment, and sound are all excellent IMHO but you will definitely need Torque Loopz.

olegoat345
02-11-2018, 10:36 PM
I installed torque loopz. I was in hopes I'd get a little more sound from my OEM's after I installed them... didn't change a DB. I'm searching for a good exhaust that I can have some control over the loudness. I'd consider other exhaust if they offered different baffles to control the loudness. Any suggestions??
Nice lookin' "B" zzh54 ! Do you or any of your fellow riders find the RUSH too loud or not loud enough. Just trying to get a good feel before I buy..

olegoat345
02-11-2018, 10:37 PM
TAZ, I'll look for your post

zzh54
02-12-2018, 05:48 AM
I like the sound my 2 1/2 baffles make, but seems others think it's a little to loud for a Goldwing. It's not Harley loud but we didn't buy Harleys. If you are looking for a little rumble I would suggest the 2 1/4 or 2 inch baffles. Hope this helps. Jeff

olegoat345
02-12-2018, 12:13 PM
THANKS! Any & all info helps. I hope to get it right the first time.

Craig_328
02-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Torque Master...

Craig_328
02-12-2018, 01:52 PM
sounds like a Porsche and you can remove the inserts to make it louder, if needed.

olegoat345
02-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Torque Master looks like a great exhaust and after talking to Jimmie (owner & builder) he really makes me want a pair. The only thing stopping me is the $799 + $47 S&H - compared to $475 delivered for the RUSH. That's $372 difference.
Anybody had any luck getting in touch w/ Value Accessories? I get no answer to phone, phone messages or emails.

BuzzzPhotos
02-12-2018, 02:28 PM
Value Accessories has great customer service. They must have been out on a weekend run. I'm sure they'll get back to you. I've had the Rush for approx 3 1/2 years. The 2.5 & 2.25 baffles. Both sound good but not annoying. When I went to change out the baffles again last summer I couldn't get the old ones out. Rusted pretty good inside. Decided to leave them as they are.

olegoat345
02-12-2018, 07:07 PM
No answer, no call back, no email reply, from early last week. I want to support them because they sponsor / help keep our forum going.

olegoat345
02-14-2018, 11:28 PM
I ordered a set of Torque Master Pipes today. Jimmie, the owner & builder is a great person, worked for Honda racing for several years & knows GW's from front to rear & even more about the GW 1800 exhaust.
Thank you folks for all your input.

oiler
02-15-2018, 10:17 AM
I ordered a set of Torque Master Pipes today. Jimmie, the owner & builder is a great person, worked for Honda racing for several years & knows GW's from front to rear & even more about the GW 1800 exhaust.

Why didn't you just place the order on line at Value Accessories??

choptop
02-15-2018, 10:20 AM

Love my quiet Goldwing, getting old I guess, but have been thinking about after market since a long trip last year when people didn't notice I was next to them and changed lanes into my path. Hard to really tell from sound clips, will be awaiting your review on the exhaust.

olegoat345
02-16-2018, 10:23 PM
OILER ...
I had several questions about the RUSH. I was thinking if they're not answering their phones or emails for over a week.,Maybe something happened to the business or the owners might have that terrible flu, they may gone on a extended winter vacation. === I'm comfortable with my decision & how I spend MY money.

oiler
02-17-2018, 06:23 AM
OILER ...
I had several questions about the RUSH. I was thinking if they're not answering their phones or emails for over a week.,Maybe something happened to the business or the owners might have that terrible flu, they may gone on a extended winter vacation. === I'm comfortable with my decision & how I spend MY money.

Not saying you made the wrong decision or how to spend your money. If you really needed to talk to them before placing the order, I would of waited another week...not as if your in a rush this time of year. They are probably on vacation.

RickW
02-17-2018, 09:00 AM
OILER ...

We have been here the whole time and have answered every email. We have also answered every message that was left when we were on the phone with other customers.
I usually answer all of the exhaust questions and did not get one from you.
Rick

Joflewbyu2
02-17-2018, 10:32 AM

I only wish their product had the material quality and the workmanship of the OEM and others. Stainless steel T304 would be nice as well as a more elegant welds. TBR welds are beautiful and they use stainless steel. I heard Bassani is nice too but I haven’t seen one in person yet.