PDA

View Full Version : A bit of help please

cosborn
02-16-2018, 12:33 AM
Well, I've finally done it. I've destroyed the reserve coolant tank, what idiot thought of putting it down so low without a cover,......Anyway, Can any one advise me on the best belly plate for the 2013 F6B, I'm looking at something that is easy to install, preferably two piece so that i can still do the oil changes. Yes I know, I should thought of that as an early accessory, not at the 70,000km mark, hind site is marvellous,

cheers and best Chris

Bryster
02-16-2018, 12:50 AM
Where'd it happen Chris, one of our brilliant roads or kerbing?
:(

cosborn
02-16-2018, 01:39 AM
Happened on the Leichart Way on the inland road to Cairns, never ever ever ever go on this road Bryster, at the other end people were amazed that we had traversed it, apparently the road is laid on shifting soft ground. Hindsite is great hey.

2wheelsforme
02-16-2018, 02:31 AM
I use this one, http://wingstuff.com/products/37566-performance-black-vented-belly-pan?from_search=1

Almost invisible and was easy to install and oil changes are a breeze. Strong enough I use a jack and a small board to lift the front of the bike enough to change front tire while on the center stand. It is thin enough that I think it will give a bit in case of hitting something rather than breaking off the mounting bolts.

cosborn
02-16-2018, 03:36 AM
Thanks mate, I've looked at this one on line and it looks pretty good. I'm just wondering what the general feeling of members is regarding different types.
Cheers and best Chris

Felloverboard
02-16-2018, 11:39 AM
I have used the Show Chrome model for over 3 years. Easy oil changes with the front section removed. It has a few scrapes and scratches. Mildly hit a few speed bumps. No Dents.... I bought the silver one for $49. and spray painted it black with outdoor grill paint.

Felloverboard
02-16-2018, 11:42 AM
I have used the Show Chrome model for over 3 years. Easy oil changes with the front section removed. It has a few scrapes and scratches. Mildly hit a few speed bumps. No Dents.... I bought the silver one for $49. and spray painted it black with outdoor grill paint. As far as the amount of holes in the pan... it is a water cooled engine, not air cooled. I am sure that all brands of this basic design work well.

F6Dave
02-16-2018, 12:45 PM
I have used the Show Chrome model for over 3 years. Easy oil changes with the front section removed. It has a few scrapes and scratches. Mildly hit a few speed bumps. No Dents.... I bought the silver one for $49. and spray painted it black with outdoor grill paint. As far as the amount of holes in the pan... it is a water cooled engine, not air cooled. I am sure that all brands of this basic design work well.

WingStuff also sells a black anodized version by Show Chrome for the same price ($49.99). I have one and it works fine. I chose the Show Chrome because the slots on the sides make installation easier. Removing the front part for oil changes could be easier because the 2 screws are tiny, but those are easy to replace with something better.

edgeman55
02-16-2018, 01:34 PM
http://wingstuff.com/products/36093-macgyver-diamond-plated-belly-pan-for-gl1800-f6b?context=belly_pans

Macgyver Belly pan is very heavy duty.I had the cheaper sheet metal type before I installed the macgyver and the light metal got beat up pretty bad over a year or so.Macgyver has been on for two plus years and looks great.Fit and install were fine-Two thumbs up IMHO.

olegoat345
02-16-2018, 02:07 PM
Just to be sure. All of these cover the radiator tank. Correct??

Heatnbeat
02-16-2018, 02:10 PM
I got the MacGyver belly pan because the diamond plate is just a bit stronger for it's thickness. Fit good. I think it had Phillips screws for the front section and I replaced them with hex heads. Scraped it a couple times on speed bumps. All good

cosborn
02-16-2018, 10:14 PM
Has anyone had heating problems with the MacGyver, I noticed there are no cooling vents in the belly pan and I'm thinking there may be a heat build up once you have stopped and the engine is still running.

Chris

Bryster
02-17-2018, 08:13 AM
Damn it Chris, I just got to Albany today and I got on my knees in the motel carpark and sure 'nuff I've scuffed it... Anodised black it is! 🤔

choptop
02-17-2018, 08:54 AM
MacGyver here, easy oil changes, no heating problems over the past 3 years.

cosborn
02-17-2018, 08:00 PM
Cheers Bryster, say hi to Albany for me. I should know better and made a belly pan one of my first accessories, no need to tell you what some of our roads are like, having said that WA is in pretty good nick i thing due the the mining companies. Enjoy the lovely ride
Chris

Thanks choptop just what i needed to know, I've emailed Wingstuff, just have to wait on their reply to see how much it is going to cost me, hopefully i will not have to take out a second mortgage......just as a point of interest, the new coolant bottle is $140 au - $110 US, Ta mate