PDA

View Full Version : 2014 F6B is here.

F6BPDX
11-04-2013, 02:17 PM
So the answer to the lingering question is yes, there is a 2014 F6B and F6B Deluxe. No changes I can see in specs other than color. The black is back but the red is gone and replaced by Pearl Yellow.

http://powersports.honda.com/touring/2014/gold-wing-f6b/colors.aspx

motozeke
11-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Somebody on the board definitely called it as 2014 being just a change in colors. Not a "one and done", not a model year pause, no ABS or cruise.

Still prefer the black. Pearl white would have been a better choice.

Phantom
11-04-2013, 02:34 PM
This is pretty clever by Honda.

The change of color to yellow and not offer the Red allows them to continue to sell any "over stock" Red 2013 models through 2014. The Black has always been a classic color for the Valkyries and Runes and looks great on the F6B (Batman Motorcycle):biggthumpup:

bobbyf6b
11-04-2013, 02:59 PM
I wonder how long til someone paints bees on it. :icon_rolleyes:

I'm glad to see it's not gone so maybe we'll get more aftermarket support.

F6BPDX
11-04-2013, 03:31 PM
I wonder how long til someone paints bees on it. :icon_rolleyes:

I'm glad to see it's not gone so maybe we'll get more aftermarket support.

Being in Bumblebee yellow and having the "face" that the front cowel has gives a great canvas for someone to do a Transformers theme though.

Hornblower
11-04-2013, 03:38 PM
If the color truly is "pearl" yellow, might that paint be clear-coated? If so, that would definitely be a plus.

timjoebob
11-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Black and yellow are the two colors. Self-cancelling signals and center stand have been added as standard equipment, from what I can tell.

Phantom
11-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Self-cancelling signals and center stand have been added as standard equipment, from what I can tell.

:icon_cool::yes:

Looks that way, the Deluxe model according to the website only mentions heated grips, passenger backrest and rear rack.

F6BPDX
11-04-2013, 04:25 PM
:icon_cool::yes:

Looks that way, the Deluxe model according to the website only mentions heated grips, passenger backrest and rear rack.

Under overview it reads like this, so I think it is just color changes.

"Two Levels Of Wow.
Gold Wings have always been famous for creature comforts. So the Gold Wing F6B comes loaded with everything from surround sound to an adjustable air suspension. The F6B Deluxe goes even further, with self-cancelling turn signals, backrest, heated grips, centerstand and more. You even have your choice of color—luxurious Black or Pearl Yellow"

Pedro66
11-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Ignore the website I was just talking to one of the big dealers I know he said its still updating if you notice the engine CC is 0 wait until the site is complete

I like the yellow I would not of chosen that as a new color if asked to guess

Phantom
11-04-2013, 06:23 PM
I want the NEW Pearl Blue paint that is for the 2014 GoldWing on a F6B

That Pearl Blue looks :Saweeet smilie:

MichaelG
11-04-2013, 07:20 PM
This is quite interesting. First...I was wrong about the skip-a-year plan, and moving the production like to Tennessee, as it appears that the 2014 line of Wings and F6B will be delivered...soon. Okay, that is...okay. But what interests me is that one of the 2014 Wings...not an F6B, but a full Wing, comes in all black, with a blacked out engine, blacked out frame, and blacked out wheels.

Hmmm...........:icon_mrgreen:

Limbuck
11-04-2013, 07:24 PM
This is pretty clever by Honda.

The change of color to yellow and not offer the Red allows them to continue to sell any "over stock" Red 2013 models through 2014. The Black has always been a classic color for the Valkyries and Runes and looks great on the F6B (Batman Motorcycle):biggthumpup:

Well, just don't know what to think about that. I got the Red because I thought it "popped". The yellow, with black looks ok but it don't pop to me, it just pricks. Just maybe Honda is trying to slow down F6B sales so their manufacturing operations can keep up. Likely the Red ones, the faster ones, are flying out of the showrooms way too fast. Now that they are one year unique the remaining few may be gone, like tomorrow. Just a thought, and I know, I don't think like most folks. I'm happy we have the 2014 in any color for all that aftermarket stuff and all already mentioned. Hey, a year ago I never thought I'd be back on a Honda. But then came F6B.

Phantom
11-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Limbuck, the Red is a nice color, I'll take it over Black. I am not saying one is better than the other. My observation from the VIN list shows that there are more Black F6B owners on the list than Red and Black F6B owners. I have visited 2 dealerships and they only had red units on the floor, call it a coincidence :iduno: . For me Black is high maintenance, I'll never own another Black vehicle. Beautiful when clean but time consuming to keep it clean. My favorite colors on a Bike were on a stock 1987 Yamaha FJ1200.

Trike lady
11-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Yellow looks nice, maybe they had seen the custom color F6Bs in the states and figured change the color.
The GL1800 looks much better without the silver panel.

Rich1911
11-04-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm hoping folks won't like the yellow... then I'll have something unique!!! Excellent news on all fronts.

bobbyf6b
11-04-2013, 08:52 PM
I like the looks of the new CTX 1300. Looks like a good alternative if the F6B is out of someone's budget.

Scotrod
11-04-2013, 08:56 PM
2014 F6B Sounds good to me!
HOR had the yellow/black as a custom paint for 2013.
The new blue on the Wing does look nice!!! (I'm kinda partial to blue myself,,)

bob109
11-04-2013, 09:09 PM
The F6B is a winner for Honda. Although there may be a few leftover 13's on the showroom floors they will disappear quickly as folks realize that the only significant change for the the 14's are the yellow paint option. Folks who were hoping for ABS, cruise etc. will settle on a 13 especially if there's the slightest discount by Honda. Having a Basic/Delux Red my be a short live advantage as a bike color change, as many have demonstrated, is a matter of disassembly. A repaint with clear coat may satisfy most. Personally if I were to change color I would either go with Silver Metallic or the 2002 Honda 1800VTX Illusion Blue. With no major drive train changes I personally anticipate the 6 to share the GL1800 assembly line for sometime into the future. Unlike the Rune which was a short lived novelty, the commonality of parts between the 6 and the Gl1800 is a manufacturers dream. Honda demonstrated the ability to eliminate specific items to lighten up the 6. Adding those deleted components is but a corporate decision for the American Market.

Enjoy your 2013 model.....same as a 14 without a Banana Sticker:icon_lol:

bobbyf6b
11-04-2013, 09:20 PM
The GL1800 looks much better without the silver panel.

Waaaaaay better! I never liked that two tone look on the Wing. The monotone looks great.

yellowskeeter1
11-05-2013, 07:16 PM
This is quite interesting. First...I was wrong about the skip-a-year plan, and moving the production like to Tennessee, as it appears that the 2014 line of Wings and F6B will be delivered...soon. Okay, that is...okay. But what interests me is that one of the 2014 Wings...not an F6B, but a full Wing, comes in all black, with a blacked out engine, blacked out frame, and blacked out wheels.

Hmmm...........:icon_mrgreen:

Ha! Exactly! I called that one when I got my f6b. The wing would come out in all black and I bet soon to follow a rear delete kit direct from Honda. F6b with all the gadgets....... sort of what all the gw peeps have been asking for. I'm sort of glad, but sort of mad..........

Limbuck
11-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Limbuck, the Red is a nice color, I'll take it over Black. I am not saying one is better than the other. My observation from the VIN list shows that there are more Black F6B owners on the list than Red and Black F6B owners. I have visited 2 dealerships and they only had red units on the floor, call it a coincidence :iduno: . For me Black is high maintenance, I'll never own another Black vehicle. Beautiful when clean but time consuming to keep it clean. My favorite colors on a Bike were on a stock 1987 Yamaha FJ1200.

And I agree brother. I don't have many serious comments in me these days. I may have a yellow one any time. Nobody else does?
I like the black a whole lot and almost all my past bikes have been black and chrome. I popped on red just to change course and I likely will get them chrome exhaust gone at some point so I can be a bonafide member of that anti-chrome posse bunch. Not buying bling has already saved me major bucks.

Yeahoo Whoyah
11-05-2013, 11:39 PM
I've owned a yellow bike, a red bike, and several black bikes. Given the choice of the three, I would take black without a second thought.

hiflyer
11-05-2013, 11:49 PM
I like the looks of the new CTX 1300. Looks like a good alternative if the F6B is out of someone's budget.

I like it period! Will be curious as to the cost, but it looks like it's going to be loaded with neat stuff.

Pedro66
11-06-2013, 12:44 AM
I like it period! Will be curious as to the cost, but it looks like it's going to be loaded with neat stuff.

Dealers I have spoken to are hoping in the $12K range, also they hope the Bluetooth etc is a test before the Wing gets it

4DI2D
11-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Under overview it reads like this, so I think it is just color changes.

"Two Levels Of Wow.
Gold Wings have always been famous for creature comforts. So the Gold Wing F6B comes loaded with everything from surround sound to an adjustable air suspension. The F6B Deluxe goes even further, with self-cancelling turn signals, backrest, heated grips, centerstand and more. You even have your choice of color—luxurious Black or Pearl Yellow"

An un-necessary addition from riding two-up on the great back roads in the area and un-necessary added weight. When you read Road&Track and find out that this missile is faster 0-60 that the new Corvette, Carrera and Ferrari why take along an anchor? :banghead:

bigdawg
11-06-2013, 02:35 PM

The ctx also comes with an accessory 45L trunk.

Trike lady
11-06-2013, 03:48 PM
The bike looks like it could be a new version of an old favorite, the GL1200. :clap2:

Deer Slayer
11-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Yellow is for a School Bus! lol.....

4DI2D
11-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Silly pedestrian . . .yellow is for taxis!:icon_mrgreen:

Horseman
11-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Yellow is my favorite color and I've had my fingers crossed that Honda would pick that for the 2014 model. Needless to say I am one happy camper and will definitely be buying an F6B in that lovely shade next fall. Last yellow bike I owned was a new Norton Combat Commando 750 in 1974. Of all the bikes I've bought and sold, that one should have been a keeper. Like others on this forum, I'm hoping that the quality of the new yellow paint has improved greatly over this year's effort.
In regard to the rear air suspension, I'd be interested to know how it compares to the hydraulic setup in performance, and how much weight will it add to the bike. I'm assuming it will have an onboard compressor like the Goldwing but maybe not. Harley uses a cheap little hand pump that you carry on the bike. One of several reasons I stopped looking at a new Roadking. I'd expect a bit more from Honda.
Anyway, thanks for any info. It's going to be a long, hard wait until next fall.:icon_biggrin:

MichaelG
11-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Last yellow bike I owned was a new Norton Combat Commando 750 in 1974.

Ah...are you certain it was a '74 ? I owned an original 1974 Norton 850 Commando, bought new in August 1973, a Red one, and from what I remember the last 750cc Nortons were some early left over 1973 models. Most 1973 Nortons were the 850 Commandos, and you could get the Combat heads on a 1972 750cc, and it was sold as a 1973 model. I currently own a 1974 Norton 850 Commando, in Black.

Horseman
11-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Miles,
I'll yield to your superior memory.:icon_biggrin: I was buying a new bike about every month back then and I've lost track of the years of those Nortons. I bought the yellow Combat 750 in what must have been 1973, rode it for a while, traded it in on another new Honda 750, traded that in on a new Kawasaki 750H2, then traded that in on a Norton 850 Interstate. That bike was black with gold pin stripes and had a bigger fuel tank if my memory serves me correct. Which it obviously hasn't, so far. That new bike madness went on for some time. There were so many great bikes coming out of Japan and England during the 70s that I couldn't stop. I was in my 20s, and that's my excuse.:icon_lol:

MichaelG
11-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Horseman, you are correct...memory back on-board...that the Norton 850 Commando Interstate model had the larger fuel tank. The guys I rode with back in those days, one had the same bike as yours...a black Interstate, while another had a black roadster, and I had the red roadster. It was nice to have the larger tank, but they were an ugly addition to the bike. I liked the looks of my smaller roadster tank, but had to stop for fuel more often. :biker:

TeamSix
03-25-2014, 09:52 AM
Pick a color chip, call Wes at HOR and he'll have your new F6B painted for you.:icon_biggrin:

I want the NEW Pearl Blue paint that is for the 2014 GoldWing on a F6B

That Pearl Blue looks :Saweeet smilie:

Retired Army
03-25-2014, 11:30 AM
The reason I have the red is it was the only deluxe on the floor and I wanted heated grips.

Texas TC
04-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Got to see the Yellow '14 for the first time today. Very bright and a lot of pearl. Quite sure with the pearl, it has Honda's version of soft clear coat (like the soft clear coat I had on my '12 metallic red Wing ). Not really a yellow fan myself but for those who are, nice looking machine.:icon_cool: