PDA

View Full Version : Overpants....

stepbill
02-18-2018, 02:02 PM
Looking for a good overpant that I can wear in the summer over shorts. Does not have to be waterproof as I have an oversize set of rain gear.

WEGI
02-18-2018, 05:36 PM
Hi StepBill

I use these mostly for the protection and they do let a lot of air through. I also have the jacket. Same reason, same cooling. YMMV

WEG
ATGATT

https://www.compacc.com/product/99528/sliders-scaldare-pants

Draxsr
02-18-2018, 06:27 PM
Aerostitch also makes nice, and armored over-gear.

ShanghaiDan
02-19-2018, 10:38 AM
I use an Olympia Avenger 1 piece suit in the summer. Shorts and t-shirt underneath, slip off my sandals/tennis shoes, on goes the suit and riding boots and gloves. It flows a TON of air, has protection where you need it, and packs up really tight (smaller than my Olympia riding jacket) so pops right in the top case.

Cobraguy
02-20-2018, 11:10 AM
My wife loves her Scorpion mesh riding pants. She wears them over shorts all the time.

olegoat345
02-20-2018, 07:40 PM
Decide what you want, try motorcyclegear.com = they buy up last years left over stock and save you some serious $$$$$ = I got a like new $199 jacket off ebay for $50 shipped. check them out too.

3Chief
02-24-2018, 11:56 AM
Draggin Shirt makes a set of pants just like their shirts. I love my draggin shirt and since in theory I'll be heading south for the summer I'm eyeing the pants.

JGF6B
06-10-2018, 02:47 PM
I've owned a pair of FirstGear mesh overpants for about 10 years now. I like them but I'm looking to replace them with pants that aren't black. Black just absorbs too much heat in the sun. I switched my mesh jacket from black to grey/silver a couple of years ago. The difference when stopped or riding slow is quite noticeable. I don't miss the black jacket at all. Finding non-black mesh over pants is a little more difficult, the manufacturers love black.