PDA

View Full Version : How much did you pay for your bike?

Talldude
11-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Ok, so now that I know that the 2014 version of the F6B only changes available colors, it's time to go to the dealer. I plan to pay cash, so I would like to know what deal you got at the dealership.

this is not a contest of who paid less, but just to guide me on what I can expect on the bid.

Thanks to all for your input,
talldude

MichaelG
11-05-2013, 01:12 AM
Talldude, unfortunately, where you live, the dealers do not wheel and deal with lowering of prices as much as other areas of the country. I know, as I used to live in Lynnwood, and know all the dealers within 200 miles of you. You can try...and I wish you the best...but you may need to Fly and Ride to get a screamin' deal, like to HOR, or someone like that.

I do know that South Bound Honda, in Lakewood, WA. has a all Black standard model on the floor...VIN # DK001917. That is how much I checked it out, while they were rebuilding my lightning strike bike. BTW, they did an excellent job, so for Honda service, it is very difficult to find a better tech that Dale (HondaBikePro) on this forum. Give Vicki a call at South Bound Honda and see if they can sell you that bike. It is their last 2013 F6B...as far as I know.
www.hondabike.com

In answer to your question, I paid $ 17,500.00 for a standard all black, but it was from another dealer, in another state. Shop around, contact HOR, as they are a sponsor of this forum (Honda of Russellville) and they do a lot of sales to members here.

dgman2
11-05-2013, 04:08 AM
Ok, so now that I know that the 2014 version of the F6B only changes available colors, it's time to go to the dealer. I plan to pay cash, so I would like to know what deal you got at the dealership.

this is not a contest of who paid less, but just to guide me on what I can expect on the bid.

Thanks to all for your input,
talldude

$2000.00 under retail at my local Honda dealership in Hammond, La. (for either standard or deluxe).

F6B-RICH
11-05-2013, 08:53 AM
I also paid with cash $19g for my black deluxe $20100 out the door here in NJ that was in June

Westernbiker
11-05-2013, 09:25 AM
I would NOT tell the dealer you are going to pay cash right away. They make more money if you finance it thru Honda. I would work the best deal I could and when you know you have them down as far as they will go, tell them you are going to pay cash and ask, 'Do I get a better deal with paying cash?' Also, when dealing, make them throw in a helmet, they will almost always do that.
Good luck! :biggthumpup:

F6B-RICH
11-05-2013, 09:38 AM
I would NOT tell the dealer you are going to pay cash right away. They make more money if you finance it thru Honda. I would work the best deal I could and when you know you have them down as far as they will go, tell them you are going to pay cash and ask, 'Do I get a better deal with paying cash?' Also, when dealing, make them throw in a helmet, they will almost always do that.
Good luck! :biggthumpup:

That's a great point but he wants to know how much people paid for there F6B.If we want a lecture we got our girlfriends/wives for that LOL.Just busting good point Westernbiker

Westernbiker
11-05-2013, 09:45 AM
That's a great point but he wants to know how much people paid for there F6B.If we want a lecture we got our girlfriends/wives for that LOL

I felt the finance tip was worthy of mention. As far as getting a lecture from your wife or girlfriend.....well.....I feel sorry for ya! Maybe time to swap'em out! I am too old to be lectured by anyone and I do NOT lecture anyone either. I was hoping my statement on cash versus finance would be of some help. As far as what I paid for my F6B, I feel that is a private matter and thus the reason I did not mention it.

F6B-RICH
11-05-2013, 09:52 AM
I felt the finance tip was worthy of mention. As far as getting a lecture from your wife or girlfriend.....well.....I feel sorry for ya! Maybe time to swap'em out! I am too old to be lectured by anyone and I do NOT lecture anyone either. I was hoping my statement on cash versus finance would be of some help. As far as what I paid for my F6B, I feel that is a private matter and thus the reason I did not mention it.

Relax private matter on giving out what you paid give the world a break.Do not feel sorry for me I am 41 with plenty of money and no need to work and my wife is a great person that can not tell me nothing because I have all the money :icon_biggrin:

opas ride
11-05-2013, 09:57 AM
It is pretty hard to determine what to pay for a bike from others...Find your best deal, if your happy, buy the thing...Too many variables from state to state and dealer to dealer to respond with an intelligent answer. Price is somewhat relative if you find the bike you want and are satistfied with the deal and the location of the dealer etc. go for it....Mine was probably a little more than some and less than others, but I am happy and love the bike....Good Luck

Westernbiker
11-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Relax private matter on giving out what you paid give the world a break.Do not feel sorry for me I am 41 with plenty of money and no need to work and my wife is a great person that can not tell me nothing because I have all the money :icon_biggrin:

Relax? I am relaxed, just making a statement as you are. And yes, I feel money is a private matter, so what! If you don't agree that's fine but GIVE ME A BREAK statement was not required. :nono:

d-shark
11-05-2013, 10:51 AM
I found mine by accident on Craigs List used. Actually at the time there were two black Deluxe F6B's, less than 1,500 miles each. Ended up paying 16 K from a dealer in Central, IL. Both bikes were in like new condition.

F6B-RICH
11-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Relax? I am relaxed, just making a statement as you are. And yes, I feel money is a private matter, so what! If you don't agree that's fine but GIVE ME A BREAK statement was not required. :nono:

Relax the guy wants to know how much people paid.If it is a private matter then it is simple DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS THREAD go to another thread and reply to something you will answer.

F6B-RICH
11-05-2013, 11:02 AM
I found mine by accident on Craigs List used. Actually at the time there were two black Deluxe F6B's, less than 1,500 miles each. Ended up paying 16 K from a dealer in Central, IL. Both bikes were in like new condition.

Way to go d-shark great price and WOW not afraid to post the price you paid :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Talldude
11-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Thanks for all your answers.

No need to fight over wife issues.

Initially I was quoted 21K for the bike +850 for setup. When he told me about the 850 I was shocked. I thought what setup do you mean?

I do agree that not telling the dealer that I will pay in cash is a good thing to know.

Thanks,
TD

Westernbiker
11-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Relax the guy wants to know how much people paid.If it is a private matter then it is simple DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS THREAD go to another thread and reply to something you will answer.

41 years old huh? About time you start acting like it! :icon_mrgreen:

Phantom
11-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Honda of Russellville is advertising a Standard for $17,000 and the Deluxe for $18,000. Custom painted F6B's are $1000 more.

Speak to them in person, negotiate over the phone, the 2014's will be rolling in shortly.

:ebay: Flea Bay has a used Red F6B with 130 miles for $16,500

Talldude
11-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Honda of Russellville is advertising a Standard for $17,000 and the Deluxe for $18,000. Custom painted F6B's are $1000 more.

Speak to them in person, negotiate over the phone, the 2014's will be rolling in shortly.

:ebay: Flea Bay has a used Red F6B with 130 miles for $16,500

I am in WA state, so I don't know how much they will ask for shipping...... Has anybody ever bought a bike out of state and shipped it to their state with good results?
TD

FlyinF
11-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Because Honda of Russellville is pretty much rock bottom pricing don't expect free stuff like a helmet, you might get a t-shirt or hat. However, they will give you a discount on accessories. Last Spring I got my black standard from them for 17,200, I road over 1400 miles to do the deal/trade-in. And just a couple months ago I went back to HOR and bought CB1100.

Hornblower
11-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Come on, guys! I see this discussion escalating into personal attacks and it isn't pretty. Look, many of us are on edge these days and it doesn't take much to get our feathers ruffled. I speak as a wounded veteran, believe me! I see this forum as a "sanctuary" away from all the mean-spirited things that are going on around us and frankly, it concerns me when I see even this forum going sideways. If I may, please let me suggest that the F6B forum is first and foremost a place we can go to offer and receive advice and express our opinions. No doubt, there will be times when we will be misunderstood and perhaps even times when we will be wrong in what we say. As long as those things are said in good faith, I would hope others of us could practice a little restraint in dissenting in a most personal way. I'll even try to apply this to myself since I'm not immune to insulting and feeling like I'm being insulted. :icon_biggrin:

Phantom
11-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Come on, guys! I see this discussion escalating into personal attacks and it isn't pretty. Look, many of us are on edge these days and it doesn't take much to get our feathers ruffled. I speak as a wounded veteran, believe me! I see this forum as a "sanctuary" away from all the mean-spirited things that are going on around us and frankly, it concerns me when I see even this forum going sideways. If I may, please let me suggest that the F6B forum is first and foremost a place we can go to offer and receive advice and express our opinions. No doubt, there will be times when we will be misunderstood and perhaps even times when we will be wrong in what we say. As long as those things are said in good faith, I would hope others of us could practice a little restraint in dissenting in a most personal way. I'll even try to apply this to myself since I'm not immune to insulting and feeling like I'm being insulted. :icon_biggrin:

:icon_ditto: hence my new signature line (Thanks to Chris Chrisite)

Please use self restraint, think twice before you hit the submit button on a reply. We had Riders from 31 years old to 74 years old at the Rally this year and EVERYONE was respectful, kind and a pleasure to be with. This site should be the same.

I respect everyones' successes, decisions and choices. We all turn on the light switch the same and we all flush the toilet the same. The F6B community is a small family, please leave the egos and trash outside of our home. Let's ride !

kjelders
11-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Since you are here in WA state, I have to agree with what Miles said, talk to Vicky at South Bound. I shopped around in and out of state. After considering the cost of flying to and riding home, Vicky was able to get me the best out the door price of $21,300 for a deluxe.

MichaelG
11-05-2013, 01:59 PM
I am in WA state, so I don't know how much they will ask for shipping...... Has anybody ever bought a bike out of state and shipped it to their state with good results?
TD

Talldude, here is an offer..........I am willing to meet with you, in person, and I bet we can also get Kevin...kdelders...to meet with us, to talk about the best places IN this state to buy from. While I bought my bike out of state, I would not hesitate to buy from South Bound Honda, because I have always found them to be Honest...forthright...and very good in customer service. That is where Kevin bought his bike...that is where my electrifried lightning bike went to for over $ 10,000.00 in repairs, and I have every confidence that they would treat you right. The short ride from Lynnwood to Lakewood (south Tacoma) is well worth buying from the right dealer.

Now, if you really want to buy from H.O.R., and don't want to fly there to ride it home, I will make the offer to fly there for you, pick up the bike, and ride it back for you. That way you can either get a bike for less momey, or get a bike with a custom paint job on it, that is probably better than the stock paint.

The call is yours. I have been dealing with every Honda dealer in your area for a lot of years, and I would not hesitate to ride a couple extra miles to buy from such as great dealer as South Bound Honda.

There are several of us in this area that can help you, meet with you, and show you what we have done to our bikes, which is a wide variety of things on each bike. Just ask, and we will help.

F6B-RICH
11-05-2013, 02:05 PM

Agree 100 % x 10 this is my 2 cents. This is a elite group of people on this forum that ride the best bike made to date.We are suppose to help people answer all questions people want to know about this bike and sometimes bend over backwards to get them the answers they need.So to all members new and old please answer the questions people are asking in the threads to continue to make this the best forum on the web.

bobbyf6b
11-05-2013, 05:37 PM
I paid MSRP + TT&L. No deals at my location.

Steve 0080
11-05-2013, 06:03 PM
I paid $18300.... plus local/state fees.... Delux

What I did was... I told the local vendor that I would fly to NC and buy the bike for $18000, or ......... I would agree for him to add $300 for flight and fuel back to FL.... Because " I would fly out out on Wed and be back before night fall with the bike ".....the manager thought about and and then said.....OK

Talldude
11-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Talldude, here is an offer..........I am willing to meet with you, in person, and I bet we can also get Kevin...kdelders...to meet with us, to talk about the best places IN this state to buy from. While I bought my bike out of state, I would not hesitate to buy from South Bound Honda, because I have always found them to be Honest...forthright...and very good in customer service. That is where Kevin bought his bike...that is where my electrifried lightning bike went to for over $ 10,000.00 in repairs, and I have every confidence that they would treat you right. The short ride from Lynnwood to Lakewood (south Tacoma) is well worth buying from the right dealer.

Now, if you really want to buy from H.O.R., and don't want to fly there to ride it home, I will make the offer to fly there for you, pick up the bike, and ride it back for you. That way you can either get a bike for less momey, or get a bike with a custom paint job on it, that is probably better than the stock paint.

The call is yours. I have been dealing with every Honda dealer in your area for a lot of years, and I would not hesitate to ride a couple extra miles to buy from such as great dealer as South Bound Honda.

There are several of us in this area that can help you, meet with you, and show you what we have done to our bikes, which is a wide variety of things on each bike. Just ask, and we will help.

Hey miles,

Generous offer! This is what I will do: I did my test ride on the Ride Motorsports Woodinville dealer. Out of respect I will approach them first. If I see that they are not flexible I will call South Bound Honda. after that I will PM you to speak to you and get some advise. The offer to fly to HOR and ride the bike back is very generous, but being a new bike, I would love to do that ride myself. (You know how exciting it is to pick up a brand new bike at the dealership yourself)

Tall dude

wishey1
11-05-2013, 07:35 PM
...my take is before buying its so important, after buying not so much. There are so many
factors!...deluxe or standard, do you price in a possible paint job down the rode, what about
a trade in, do you get the 20% of on windshield! fog lights! too much.

For a straight-up deal yes, many places now have $16,950 for standard, $17,950 for deluxe.

But how close are they? etc etc. my local place gave me a discounted paint job and a $1000 more
on my scooter than anyone within 2000 miles, and fog lights, center stand, clear lenses BUT
in order to get that I missed out on the delux with heated grips and backrest, both of which
I'm hunting for my bike, so, many variables involved in a deal.....do I LOVE this bike------

HELL YES, but I really really miss the heated grips and backrest...and those dang turn signal
cancelation control......!

dickiedeals
11-05-2013, 10:34 PM
I paid $18300.... plus local/state fees.... Delux

What I did was... I told the local vendor that I would fly to NC and buy the bike for $18000, or ......... I would agree for him to add $300 for flight and fuel back to FL.... Because " I would fly out out on Wed and be back before night fall with the bike ".....the manager thought about and and then said.....OK

Pretty much the same here. I took the Chattanooga Tenn. Out The door price to my local dealer. They got within 200.00 plus Tax, Tag, Title

MichaelG
11-06-2013, 01:20 AM
Hey miles,

Generous offer! This is what I will do: I did my test ride on the Ride Motorsports Woodinville dealer. Out of respect I will approach them first. If I see that they are not flexible I will call South Bound Honda. after that I will PM you to speak to you and get some advise. The offer to fly to HOR and ride the bike back is very generous, but being a new bike, I would love to do that ride myself. (You know how exciting it is to pick up a brand new bike at the dealership yourself)

Tall dude

Talldude, the bottomline to all this is we all want to see you get the best deal you can, and be happy with the bike, and the purchase. The best deal is not always the lowest price, as there are other considerations. If Ride Motorsports can give you the best deal...great ! If not, then check into South Bound Honda. They have at least one in their inventory, as I have seen it. They also may have one at their second store, which is South Sound Honda, in Olympia.

If you do decide to buy from Honda of Russellville, and you want to fly out there to get it, and ride it home...here is a deal........I will ride out to Arkansas, and I will meet you there, and we can ride the bikes back to Washington together. Seriously ! I have some miles missing on my rebuilt bike, so I need to make up for that. This way, you have a riding partner for the trip back home. I have already ridden from Washington "through" that state of Arkansas on two separate trips to the East Coast this year, so a third time might be the charm. I doubt lightning is going to strike me twice.

Let me know how I can help, as we are here to assist you.

hiflyer
11-06-2013, 07:54 AM
18.5 for a deluxe from Shawnee Ok, plus they gave me good value for my trade. They are a 60k sq. ft powersports dealership.

billv45
11-06-2013, 12:01 PM
I got my Deluxe for $16,995 out the door (plus my local sales tax, I leave that completely out of the negotiations as it has nothing to do with the deal being struck) by officiating a dealer dog fight (figuratively speaking of course) between three dealers. I ended up purchasing from Lawrenceville Honda in GA but Schroader's in NC matched an advertised price from Champions Power Sports in FL and then Lawrenceville Honda match them (they were closer to B'ham)
Remote negotiations are the way to go...

Scotrod
11-06-2013, 01:44 PM
I was fortunate enough to be in a situation where I needed a bike and we 'already planned on going' to Russellville for our yearly MC trip. (Wife and I) Worked out great!!!

Steve 0080
11-06-2013, 01:53 PM
I have bought a couple of vehicles on line and that worked out to my advantage as well!!!!

rcroller
11-06-2013, 05:33 PM
New to the forum and the F6B. Bought my standard black last Friday in Tallahassee, FL for $17K plus tax, tag, & title. Told the dealer I didn't mind making the trip elsewhere but gave em an opportunity to move a unit. Took some negotiating but we got there. I am really liking this bike!

Talldude
11-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Talldude, the bottomline to all this is we all want to see you get the best deal you can, and be happy with the bike, and the purchase. The best deal is not always the lowest price, as there are other considerations. If Ride Motorsports can give you the best deal...great ! If not, then check into South Bound Honda. They have at least one in their inventory, as I have seen it. They also may have one at their second store, which is South Sound Honda, in Olympia.

If you do decide to buy from Honda of Russellville, and you want to fly out there to get it, and ride it home...here is a deal........I will ride out to Arkansas, and I will meet you there, and we can ride the bikes back to Washington together. Seriously ! I have some miles missing on my rebuilt bike, so I need to make up for that. This way, you have a riding partner for the trip back home. I have already ridden from Washington "through" that state of Arkansas on two separate trips to the East Coast this year, so a third time might be the charm. I doubt lightning is going to strike me twice.

Let me know how I can help, as we are here to assist you.

Thanks for that! nevertheless going out of state is not an option for me as I am strained at work and cant take days off. I called Southbound honda and spoke with Joey. Vicky was not there. They know you quite well there. He told me that he would get back to me with the best deal. SO I will wait and see.

Thanks,

TD

Talldude
11-15-2013, 05:50 PM
Thanks to all that pitched in. Also thanks to Miles, for helping me for this to happen ASAP. Finally I have purchased from South Bound Honda in Tacoma, WA. They will deliver next Thursday, although probably I wont pick it up until Saturday, and only if weather permits. Today is ugly (as usual) in Seattle. lots of cold rain..

Again thanks to everybody, and looking forward to joining in.

TD

dickiedeals
11-15-2013, 07:02 PM
I paid $18,690 and some change Out the Door For a Delux Black with a tall Clear vented windshield.
What I did was got on the phone and got a firm price in Tenn. out the door and carried it to the local dealer. They got within a few hundred bucks of the out of state price and I bought it.
I was looking forward to flying to Tenn. and riding it back. But I bought local. Then I rode to Chattanooga to visit family after. Checked out the leaves.
Since then I've put a couple grand in accessories.(Don't tell the wife.)
Dickie