PDA

View Full Version : USB memory stick

Frye
02-22-2018, 09:57 AM
A question for those that put a memory stick in the saddlebag USB port for music. Does your dash display show the song titles or just folder and song numbers?

F6Dave
02-22-2018, 10:45 AM
A question for those that put a memory stick in the saddlebag USB port for music. Does your dash display show the song titles or just folder and song numbers?

It depends. If the files and folders have the Artist/Album/Song names, those are displayed. Sometimes when the files are ripped without access to that data you'll just see the folder and file numbers.

F6Bster
02-22-2018, 10:53 AM
As F6Dave indicated. I use a 32G about the size of a thumbnail and the songs do have the info and displays it. I had some issues at first because I had album covers in the folders also. The F6B aux player does not like those, so I deleted everything other than the mp3 files and they all play great and display the info.

2wheelsforme
02-22-2018, 10:53 AM
My memory stick with pirated music does not have name but does tell you song time. My I-phone with purchased music gives name, etc.

F6Dave
02-22-2018, 11:19 AM
My memory stick with pirated music does not have name but does tell you song time. My I-phone with purchased music gives name, etc.

You could probably plug the USB stick into your computer, and rename the files and folders to make them display properly, but that can be a lot of work if you have a bunch of music.

F6Pilot
02-22-2018, 05:25 PM
You could probably plug the USB stick into your computer, and rename the files and folders to make them display properly, but that can be a lot of work if you have a bunch of music.

iTunes will actually attempt to identify the tracks. It probably won’t get all and will report a few erroneously, but it will help