PDA

View Full Version : More Traxxion Shock Discoveries from Max

Walcrow
03-01-2018, 12:27 AM
Here's another one from Max tonight dealing with the chewed up front bumper on the new Wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUZ0M_vrtKY

...and yes, he's got a new Traxxion shock for the front....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OssQzhIA2w

Verismo
03-01-2018, 02:21 AM
That second video was really cool, Walcrow. Pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to hearing rider impressions, especially concerning comfort. I'd be interested to know if the higher rate of damping decreases comfort any while increasing the sportiness, or tautness, of the ride. That may be faulty hypothesizing on my part, and I certainly don't know enough about suspensions to say. But a field full of rider impressions will help. Wish I could get to Georgia for a ride!

Jason

choptop
03-01-2018, 07:57 AM
Interesting.

2wheelsforme
03-01-2018, 08:39 AM
A company that rebuilds front ends criticizes the new Honda front end. Hummm! Wonder if Honda might consider a lawsuit? I also wonder about having a new bike under warranty that should be covered if a problem exist and would rebuilding the front end void that warranty?

Walcrow
03-01-2018, 09:18 AM
A company that rebuilds front ends criticizes the new Honda front end. Hummm! Wonder if Honda might consider a lawsuit? I also wonder about having a new bike under warranty that should be covered if a problem exist and would rebuilding the front end void that warranty?

I asked my dealer that exact question several months ago about installing Progressive springs and All-Balls bearings. I bought it from them last April. They told me they had done a few and any issues would be covered. I did not question them if it would be covered by Mother Honda OR them. I'll address it again. I have not had it done as I'm planning on riding to Woodstock this spring to have the Traxxion kit installed. As to a lawsuit, I don't think that Honda has sued RDL over seats, TBR over exhausts, or Helibars. What do you feel would be the basis for the lawsuit? Slander or libel? Probably wouldn't fly to far, IMO.

F6Bster
03-01-2018, 09:26 AM
Hummm! Wonder if Honda might consider a lawsuit?

Hey, it is what it is, and a fact is a fact!!!! However, I've seen Honda do some strange things. Years ago a friend with a machine shop made some beautiful metal "VTX" covers for the radiator on the VTX. Had VTX in the metal cover. I don't know all the details, but Honda said cease, and he did. I think they got his attention.

Sorcerer
03-01-2018, 09:28 AM
Honda does not warranty after market parts. If there were a recall Honda’s only recorse would be to replace your after market parts with oem parts. If you replace, modify, grind/drill/ weld on a oem part Honda will only have 2 options. Replace after market and modified parts at the owners expense,parts & labor, or denial of warranty.

2wheelsforme
03-01-2018, 09:34 AM
I'm not taking sides. I will purchase a bike knowing an aftermarket seat and higher bars might be more comfortable (people are all different) and that an aftermarket pipe will make a bike sound better. Stock certainly limits sounds by law. The difference here is someone saying the stock front end is poorly built, I guess Honda should have employed Traxxon to help design the new bike. I would not purchase a new bike expecting to spend several more thousand to make it handle correctly. Not considering a 18 Wing anyway as my 15 with perfect handling stock front end will last me for a long time I hope.

2wheelsforme
03-01-2018, 09:39 AM
Hey, it is what it is, and a fact is a fact!!!! However, I've seen Honda do some strange things. Years ago a friend with a machine shop made some beautiful metal "VTX" covers for the radiator on the VTX. Had VTX in the metal cover. I don't know all the details, but Honda said cease, and he did. I think they got his attention.

I remember those and several other VTX themed aftermarket stuff that disappeared. I guess that being right or wrong matters less than that the size of Big Red could smother a small business.

F6Bster
03-01-2018, 12:47 PM
If I had a new 2018 I would not be up for major modifications for several years. Accessories etc are a different thing. Of course, everyone is different. I will consider Traxxion for my F6B when the current suspension poops out. I’m good for now!!! And, as I get older my riding is more “leisurely” than “spirited.”

I do find it very interesting to see the innards of the suspension. Learned a lot watching Max’s videos/updates.

BTW, I had Traxxion full-Monty on my 2002 Wing. Installed in Woodstock, and then serviced by them when needed. It was great!!! Both were good excuses for a cross-country trip to visit friends and get in some riding back east.

opas ride
03-01-2018, 01:43 PM
As my style of riding is changing as I get older and less interested in "spirited riding", an updated suspension is not in the cards for me unless mine "poops out" soon. Even then, I would most likely go to AllBalls bearings and Progressive monotubes or springs...An expensive suspension system is great for those that feel the need and want to spend the money to enjoy, but not for me and these "old bones".....Regards and ride safe

willtill
03-01-2018, 05:51 PM
As my style of riding is changing as I get older and less interested in "spirited riding", an updated suspension is not in the cards for me unless mine "poops out" soon. Even then, I would most likely go to AllBalls bearings and Progressive monotubes or springs...An expensive suspension system is great for those that feel the need and want to spend the money to enjoy, but not for me and these "old bones".....Regards and ride safe

The best you know is the best you ever had.

edgeman55
03-02-2018, 01:38 PM
The best you know is the best you ever had.

No better truth said-but then what do I know I have one of those "not needed" Super Brace's-LOL.If one has not experienced a ride on a Traxion upgraded Goldwing then they will never know how much better the suspension can be.I will be getting the full Monty done on my 13 F6B as I plan to ride it for many more years-that along with a RDL saddle this year.Four grand or so on my beautiful paid for bike beats the heck out of 15 grand to upgrade to the 18 Wing which does not really make me as happy or fit me ergonomically as well as the F6B.Sorta like the Madstad windshield that I put off getting for 3 years as I hated the look but now that I have one on the bike I really do not know how I got along without it as it made all those so called better looking wind screens feel obsolete.But hey what makes one rider happy may not another.Just happy spring is just around the corner;)

Walcrow
03-02-2018, 02:37 PM
Nevada has a spring season???

edgeman55
03-02-2018, 03:04 PM
Nevada has a spring season???

Yea it lasts almost 2 weeks if were lucky-LOL.Just got 6 inches of snow last night and 3-6 more expected tonight.6 to 8 ft on the passes.Has been a very mild winter here so far so we may just skip spring this year and go straight to summer.

PA_F6Ber
03-02-2018, 03:43 PM
I have a VTX Fork Filler from Rattlebars that Chet had to stop selling because Honda complained. The engraving was done by a shop in West Mifflin, PA and they were warned not to use the trade marked "VTX" on the fork fillers.

Carl

opas ride
03-02-2018, 04:33 PM
No better truth said-but then what do I know I have one of those "not needed" Super Brace's-LOL.If one has not experienced a ride on a Traxion upgraded Goldwing then they will never know how much better the suspension can be.I will be getting the full Monty done on my 13 F6B as I plan to ride it for many more years-that along with a RDL saddle this year.Four grand or so on my beautiful paid for bike beats the heck out of 15 grand to upgrade to the 18 Wing which does not really make me as happy or fit me ergonomically as well as the F6B.Sorta like the Madstad windshield that I put off getting for 3 years as I hated the look but now that I have one on the bike I really do not know how I got along without it as it made all those so called better looking wind screens feel obsolete.But hey what makes one rider happy may not another.Just happy spring is just around the corner;)

I am sure those of you guys that spent "big bucks" on suspension upgrades are very happy and satisfied with your decision as I have no doubt the bike handles better than stock...the difference for me is I am not willing to spend the money at this point as I see no need to...If I were younger I might consider the change, but not now. My bike works fine for me as is...BTW, I am not afraid, or unwilling to spend money on up-grades as I spent over $1400 to put cams, timing gear, airbox change and engine work on my 2011 Vision Tour and it was well worth it!!!....Regards

willtill
03-02-2018, 08:59 PM
I am sure those of you guys that spent "big bucks" on suspension upgrades are very happy and satisfied with your decision as I have no doubt the bike handles better than stock...the difference for me is I am not willing to spend the money at this point as I see no need to...If I were younger I might consider the change, but not now. My bike works fine for me as is...BTW, I am not afraid, or unwilling to spend money on up-grades as I spent over $1400 to put cams, timing gear, airbox change and engine work on my 2011 Vision Tour and it was well worth it!!!....Regards

But yer old bones would appreciate it. C'mon Opas! Ya can't take that money to the grave with ya!

Do it.

You'll thank me later.

ths61
03-02-2018, 11:47 PM
Walcrow,

Thanks for posting the new videos. Good to be informed.

Interested in seeing his next side-by-side video.

Walcrow
03-03-2018, 01:30 AM
Ask and you shall receive.......here's the next one from today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p06YGC0uI-8

opas ride
03-03-2018, 11:29 AM
But yer old bones would appreciate it. C'mon Opas! Ya can't take that money to the grave with ya!

Do it.

You'll thank me later.

We will see, maybe down the road a bit when I get closer to 20,000 miles on the bike....Regards