PDA

View Full Version : No service needed

2wheelsforme
03-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Had a good laugh last weekend. Most of my riding buddies are on almost new full dress HDs. One was griping about the service He was getting on his less than one year old bike. Mainly them wanting to keep it several days while parts come in to be installed. Others also have grips and most all have been in for something recently. I said that at least HD is usually better service than metric dealerships. They asked me "where do you use for your bike". It tickled me to say well with a 03 VTX and a 15 F6B I have never needed a shop. (my brake recall was done by the first Owner before I got it at 10K.) The look of shock was priceless. He He!

3Chief
03-01-2018, 05:04 PM
:lolup: gotta love the simple reliability of a Honda product. 2005 VTX with almost 70k, bought it new in 07, one shop visit for actual repairs. Blew a fork seal at the 63k mark, then while I was waiting for the parts the stator and starter solenoid went. One visit, all better. My 2 Honda quads and generator have never given me any grief that wasn't self inflicted.

willtill
03-01-2018, 05:53 PM
VTX’s are good bikes.

olegoat345
03-01-2018, 07:25 PM
1) turn the key; 2) push the button; 3) ride .................................................. .............................................no dealer needed, for years & years.

VStarRider
03-02-2018, 04:54 PM
This thread has made me realize that I have only taken my bike to the shop once since I have owned it. Hmmm. Wow. And I am the type of guy who would rather take a vehicle to the shop than do the work myself.

I guess that is a testament to two things:

1.) How easy the GWs are to work on / add accessories.
2.) The high value this forum offers do-it-yourselfers.

wjduke
03-03-2018, 07:01 AM
Had a good laugh last weekend. Most of my riding buddies are on almost new full dress HDs. One was griping about the service He was getting on his less than one year old bike. Mainly them wanting to keep it several days while parts come in to be installed. Others also have grips and most all have been in for something recently. I said that at least HD is usually better service than metric dealerships. They asked me "where do you use for your bike". It tickled me to say well with a 03 VTX and a 15 F6B I have never needed a shop. (my brake recall was done by the first Owner before I got it at 10K.) The look of shock was priceless. He He!

That's me all the time. Where I work now, the other counter guy has an HD and a lot of customers naturally do too. I sit there and listen, then at the end say...36,000 miles, oil changes, tires, and gas, period. They give me that look that says, ya, but it's a Honda. That's all they got.

bob109
03-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Buying a Honda you have purchased "RELIABILITY"......Buying a HD you have purchased "IMAGE"!

BIGLRY
03-03-2018, 02:20 PM
Buying a Honda you have purchased "RELIABILITY"......Buying a HD you have purchased "IMAGE"!
https://i3.cpcache.com/product/68602056/and_thats_the_truth_sticker_edith_ann.jpg?color=Wh ite&height=460&width=460&qv=90