PDA

View Full Version : Polk Audio DB652 speakers

Radical Taz
03-01-2018, 08:24 PM
Has anyone installed a set of these. I really don’t want to wait till May for the J&M’s.
Also the price point seems reasonable: $89.00
Thoughts or opinions welcome.
Rod

2wheelsforme
03-01-2018, 09:03 PM
I hear the Polks are good. A little more expensive but bolt right in, I installed these: https://www.infinityspeakers.com/KAPPA+62.11I.html

Dirtstiff's F6B
03-01-2018, 11:58 PM
Both are good aftermarket speaker choices however, you really need an aftermarket amplifier to reach their full potential.

I'm a big Polk fan. They are affordable, durable, waterproof and just plain sound great at all volume levels. But again, the factory amp doesn't supply enough power - watts, RMS to bring them to potential.
An improvement yes, but not what they can be.
Jim

Radical Taz
03-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Both are good aftermarket speaker choices however, you really need an aftermarket amplifier to reach their full potential.

I'm a big Polk fan. They are affordable, durable, waterproof and just plain sound great at all volume levels. But again, the factory amp doesn't supply enough power - watts, RMS to bring them to potential.
An improvement yes, but not what they can be.
Jim

I just Sent you a PM

Dirtstiff's F6B
03-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Check your email

Craig_328
07-08-2018, 11:03 PM
Last year I hacked away the jbl gto638 speakers. They didnt hold up and cracked and stopped working. I now have the POLK 652. Does anyone have photos of how they installed theirs. I'm afraid of cutting the outsides away again weakening the structure causing the rubber to dryrot again.

Dirtstiff's F6B
07-09-2018, 09:36 PM
Last year I hacked away the jbl gto638 speakers. They didnt hold up and cracked and stopped working. I now have the POLK 652. Does anyone have photos of how they installed theirs. I'm afraid of cutting the outsides away again weakening the structure causing the rubber to dryrot again.

PM your email and I can send you pictures and advice to trimming them. You also should mount them wrong side up so the voice coils and wiring are on top.
Jim5415

Fnicolosi
08-11-2018, 11:23 AM
Has anyone installed a set of these. I really don’t want to wait till May for the J&M’s.
Also the price point seems reasonable: $89.00
Thoughts or opinions welcome.
Rod
Can I ask how these. Infinit speaker sound compared to OEM? Thanks.

2wheelsforme
08-11-2018, 11:51 AM
They are better but not hugely so. I think as said an amp is needed to get great sound. I'm satisfied with the Infinitys. They have a built in tweeter so I removed the stock tweeters and used the space on the left for a gear indicator and the right for a digital amp read out.

Joflewbyu2
08-11-2018, 06:43 PM
High fidelity is product selection and matching component efficiency and the installation quality. The stock system is very good for its’ matched components, weight and size considerations. The stock amp is matched to the speaker load and the speakers are matched to the speaker box volume in each pocket.

You can’t change 1 item and expect a noticeable difference. You will need to change amp, speakers and install the speakers in the correct volume box for enhanced bass response. If using an amp amp with more power, larger wires should be run.

Many that have an aftermarket exhaust think the stock system is inadequate since the sound system is competing with increased muffler noise.

My stock system is super loud at volume 15/16 while cruising with the ASV on medium and neural surround on.

Dirtstiff's F6B
08-11-2018, 11:09 PM
PM your email and I can send you pictures and advice to trimming them. You also should mount them wrong side up so the voice coils and wiring are on top.
Jim5415

Add a Amp, Add a Amp, Amp...

stevenolts
07-28-2021, 10:17 AM
What amp and speaker combo do you recommend and have tested working great - loud and clear!!!

I currently have the JBL GTO 638 Speakers with the stock amp and stock exhaust and they sound OK at 80 -90 mph with half helmet. For safety reasons I am starting to use my Schuberth C3 modular helmet with the chin bar and shield removed with Wiley X Airrage Sunglasses (I live in Florida 90 degree plus weather) and can hear OK but I want it louder please.

stevenolts

SeaSteve
07-29-2021, 09:30 AM
The guys at KustomWings (https://kustomwings.com/) are doing more with GL1800 sound systems than anyone on else.

Myself, I updated the stock speakers to J&M Performance XT (https://jmcorp.com/JM-Performance-XT-Fairing-Speaker-Upgrade-Kit-for-2006-2016-Honda%C2%AE-GL-1800-F6B_p_133.html) speakers and "I think" I get a little more volume at 70+ MPH.

OlyF6B
07-29-2021, 01:45 PM
I'm pretty happy with OEM speaker on my '16 Deluxe. With a Half-helmet on, I can hear pretty good quality sound at 70+ mph with the volume at about 12-14. If I'm wearing my Full-face helmet, I used moldable in-ear buds. The Decibullz product certainly isn't for use on-stage (i.e., a musician), but for motorsports, IMO, more than adequate. (If I want hi-fidelity while traveling, I'll be in my cage.) And... at this price point, not a buzz kill if they break or get lost while on the road.