PDA

View Full Version : A Beautiful Day in Colorado for a Ride!!!!

F6Bster
03-03-2018, 07:07 PM
It was a beautiful day along the Front Range in Colorado so I took by "B" out for its first ride of 2018. Got in almost 200 miles, riding through Woodland Park to Deckers to Pine to Pine Junction (that is always such a great ride; no ice, but lots of sand and gravel), and then down US-285 to Denver and over to Centennial to have lunch with one of my riding buddies. Home via US-83 south to Colorado Springs. Temperatures at 7,000 to 8,000 feet were mostly in the 50s, and then in the upper 60s in the flatlands. Not a cloud in the sky! Just awesome. Lots and lots of bikes out today, along with too many cages. Predominately bikes were V-Twins, but did see some GL1800s and one F6B (but did not get the color).

On the Deckers Road when I was heading north I met a GL1800 and a white 2018 Wing headed south. I guess they made the same loop that I did in the other direction, as when I was headed south on -83 I saw them again, now headed north through Parker.

Hope several of you were able to ride and had a great day!!!! :icon_smflag::icon_smflag::icon_smflag:

opas ride
03-03-2018, 08:16 PM
It was a beautiful day along the Front Range in Colorado so I took by "B" out for its first ride of 2018. Got in almost 200 miles, riding through Woodland Park to Deckers to Pine to Pine Junction (that is always such a great ride; no ice, but lots of sand and gravel), and then down US-285 to Denver and over to Centennial to have lunch with one of my riding buddies. Home via US-83 south to Colorado Springs. Temperatures at 7,000 to 8,000 feet were mostly in the 50s, and then in the upper 60s in the flatlands. Not a cloud in the sky! Just awesome. Lots and lots of bikes out today, along with too many cages. Predominately bikes were V-Twins, but did see some GL1800s and one F6B (but did not get the color).

On the Deckers Road when I was heading north I met a GL1800 and a white 2018 Wing headed south. I guess they made the same loop that I did in the other direction, as when I was headed south on -83 I saw them again, now headed north through Parker.

Hope several of you were able to ride and had a great day!!!! :icon_smflag::icon_smflag::icon_smflag:

Raised in Denver after World War II and lived there until 1963...Sure miss the mountains and the general area...Sister lives in Boulder and has a son who rides a HD. He has invited me to come ride with him this summer...Maybe, if I can....Regards...BTW, we just got 7 inches of snow here in Michigan so riding is out for a while...

F6Bster
03-03-2018, 08:30 PM
Opas. Since you lived here you well know that our big snow season along the front range should be here in a couple of weeks. And I sure hope it comes. It is sooooo dry. If it stays this way, the fire season will be ugly.

tpwood
03-04-2018, 12:31 PM
I miss Colorado too, lived there back in the 80’s, I had a Suzuki Cavalcade and I would ride the Peak to Peak highway out of Longmont, really miss that road.

Ewreck
03-05-2018, 11:13 AM
I putted up to Mishwaka then hit Masonville and Horestooth lake. Nice loop but way shorter then your ride. I had to get in my range time at Great Guns too. Nice the winds held off til the evening but it's howling now.

grendl
03-05-2018, 08:12 PM
I ride that route backwards - coming out of Denver down to woodland park. Beautiful run and sometimes it's gets good and I go south from woodland once I get there :-).havent been able to ride since September problems with fractured Femurs but another check in with the surgeon this month and I should be good to go ! Well let's be real. I'll see the surgeon and if I can hold the bike up - I'm RIDIN'.....

dustytrader
03-08-2018, 10:35 AM
I'm in Centennial too. We should all get together sometime for an F6B meet and greet for those of us that live in the Metro area. It might be nice to know a few people locally and to see what others have done with their bikes. Are there a bunch from this area on this site?

F6Bster
03-08-2018, 11:12 AM
I'm in Centennial too. We should all get together sometime for an F6B meet and greet for those of us that live in the Metro area. It might be nice to know a few people locally and to see what others have done with their bikes. Are there a bunch from this area on this site?

Good idea when the weather is more predictable for planning to get together. I know that there are F6B riders in Elizabeth, Severance, and Denver. I saw a 2015 Blue a couple of times near Woodland Park last summer also, but was always going the other way. Let's keep this in mind! Hopefully others will chime in.

grendl
03-11-2018, 01:48 PM
I'm in Aurora. Would be great to meet other F6B riders in the area and hang out. Maybe pick a place and time for breakfast ,lunch whatever and ride to meet and greet. Still healing from fractured femurs (NOT bike related ) so maybe in the spring before i can roll.

shortleg0521
03-12-2018, 07:41 PM
A bunch of us will see you in August.
I have ridden in your state a few times and have
been lucky enough to find a postcard around every bend.
Had to laugh when wife, who was ridding in front of me
Yelled over the intercom Have you noticed there are no Damn guard rails!!!!!!