PDA

View Full Version : Anyone riding with a Klock Werks shield?

oboy66
03-05-2018, 10:23 AM
Hello everyone, I just purchased a ‘16 deluxe and have been researching new windshields. I live in Western NY so I’ve only had a couple of days to take short rides with the stock shield and can tell it will be my first modification. I did a search and couldn’t find anything on Klock Werks so I apologize if this has been discussed before. Many of you seem to like the bagger shield and Madstad but I like the looks of a one piece, non adjustable shield. I definitely want to look over the shield so the distortion caused by the curved shape shouldn’t be a big issue for me. Unfortunately I don’t live close to a shop that does the “try before you buy” program so I’m going to lean on info I get here before I order online.
If anyone has any experience with these I would like to hear what you have to say and what size shield you ride with. I’m 6’3” with a 34” inseam just for comparison.

Thanks in adavance! Tim

F6Bster
03-05-2018, 10:42 AM
This forum went to a new site a month or so ago and searches do not work against the old posts, although they do exist.

If you google this without the quotation marks it will search the site for Klock Werks: "klock werks site:hondaf6b.com"

Kokomo Kevin
03-05-2018, 10:49 AM
Windshield is usually first change then followed by seat. You need to get the right seat first then make the right decision about the shield type and height. Lots of us here have multiple seats and shields
as a result of all the experimentations. I am 6-5 with a 36 inch inseam. Settled with Baggershield adjustable with Ultimate King seat and ergo 3 pegs. Great adjustability with this set up. You are going
to get a ton of us with different exceptions to my set up, but each person is different

oboy66
03-05-2018, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the replies and the link but most of those are old for sale threads. I’m definitely sticking with the stock seat for a while since I’ve barely logged any miles. I know all riders are different but I’ll take any input I can gather. Who knows maybe I’ll go a different direction but this is the one shield I can’t find a lot of input from users.
Thanks again for your time, Tim

Kokomo Kevin
03-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Not a problem, just some advice you may want to go with an adjustable windshield in case you make a seat change. The various seat options will raise/lower you or move you forward/back in seat position from stock

six2go
03-05-2018, 01:42 PM
You may also want to take a look at Clear View shields. I have 2 of them(Touring, & Sport Touring) for different times of the year. I actually like the Sport Touring best because it lets a bit more air reach me. Both of mine are the "Short", or "Small"(whatever they call them) and work great for me being only 5'8". I easily look over them.

F6Dave
03-05-2018, 01:50 PM
Hello everyone, I just purchased a ‘16 deluxe and have been researching new windshields. I live in Western NY so I’ve only had a couple of days to take short rides with the stock shield and can tell it will be my first modification. I did a search and couldn’t find anything on Klock Werks so I apologize if this has been discussed before. Many of you seem to like the bagger shield and Madstad but I like the looks of a one piece, non adjustable shield. I definitely want to look over the shield so the distortion caused by the curved shape shouldn’t be a big issue for me. Unfortunately I don’t live close to a shop that does the “try before you buy” program so I’m going to lean on info I get here before I order online.
If anyone has any experience with these I would like to hear what you have to say and what size shield you ride with. I’m 6’3” with a 34” inseam just for comparison.

Thanks in adavance! Tim

I have the 14" KlockWerks Flare and I love it. The re-curve at the top is very effective, as I only get a bit of wind on the top of my helmet. IMO it's the best looking F6B shield on the market. The only drawback is the price -- it's definitely on the high side.

http://dchealy.com/valk/kw_arches.jpg

oboy66
03-05-2018, 03:14 PM
Thanks Dave, that’s a great picture of your bike! I have the white also, but I really like the black fairing on yours. Looks great. Out of curiosity how tall are you and are you still riding the stock seat?

Six2go, I’ll definitely check out Clearview. I didn’t realize they had an F6B option. Thanks

Xrider57
03-05-2018, 06:12 PM

Thanks in adavance! Tim

I have a 16" knock works and a medium Clearview. The knock is good but I like the Clearview better. Clearview adjusts .75 inches and in my opinion is better quality. As far as protection they are about the same. Clearview with a vent is about the same price as the kw without.

F6Bster
03-05-2018, 06:35 PM
I have a 16" knock works and a medium Clearview. The knock is good but I like the Clearview better. Clearview adjusts .75 inches and in my opinion is better quality. As far as protection they are about the same. Clearview with a vent is about the same price as the kw without.

How tall are you and do you look over the medium Clearview? Tint? Sport or Sport Tour? I'm pretty sure I am going to get a Clearview.

seventwenty
03-05-2018, 07:44 PM
Im 6'1 with a 34" inseam. I just purchased a 14" KW and have only ridden about 10 mi with it. Still a little chilly in Iowa and the roads are still covered with sand. The wind just hit the top of my head.

I was riding with a KW that had been cut down to about 12" and was getting a lot of wind on my face. Even with the shorter version, I could still wear a ball cap at hiway speeds tho.

I would think that a 16" would work well for you. I also ran a 13" CBaileys for a couple of months that worked fine but I like the looks of the KW better. Watch the classifieds and Ebay, you should be able to find used for about half the cost of new.

Xrider57
03-05-2018, 07:53 PM
How tall are you and do you look over the medium Clearview? Tint? Sport or Sport Tour? I'm pretty sure I am going to get a Clearview.

I'm five six but have a long torso. My Clearview is the sport tour which is the wider one. It goes from fifteen inches to fifteen and three quarters. I have it all the way up. Your posture on the bike makes a difference too. I like to sit up and back against the back rest. When I bought my last Clearview they had a couple of blemished at 40% off. I bought one and if they didn't have it marked I would have never seen it. Nobody in my group has been able to find it either. I would call and ask if they still have the other one.

grendl
03-05-2018, 08:03 PM
I have the Klock werks shield and love it. Tinted color. For this bike the lines work for me and the recurve is a wonderful thing. Main reason I bought any other than the stock sheild was a trip down south and the bugs kept me blind. I amuse myself watching them commit hari Kari on the recurve edge.
Seriously I watched and checked out all the other recommendations and am happy with this shield. I am 5'11 34 inch inseam. I have had it on both the stock seat and presently my Mustang seat. Air flows across the top vents of my helmet maybe a little if I stick my elbows out. Rain and ice are not a problem however ice will stick in the recurve a little.Pricey ,maybe but not bad for what you get IMO...

2wheelsforme
03-06-2018, 06:34 AM
My Klockworks was failing to do the job needed. Replaced it with a Mastad and now all it good. The KW is in the spare parts pile in case I need a nice curved piece of clear plastic for some reason. Not worth the trouble or expense to sale and ship.

gadgeteer
03-06-2018, 07:17 AM
Sport Tour Clearview with the re-curve is fantastic!
If you look over the top (as I do), you should have no problem ... no wind no buffeting and my passenger thinks it's great also.
https://www.clearviewshields.com/motorcycle-windshield/honda/honda-f6b-windshields/

F6Dave
03-06-2018, 08:59 AM
Thanks Dave, that’s a great picture of your bike! I have the white also, but I really like the black fairing on yours. Looks great. Out of curiosity how tall are you and are you still riding the stock seat?

Six2go, I’ll definitely check out Clearview. I didn’t realize they had an F6B option. Thanks

The black bra on the front is the Honda 'Nose Mask'. WingStuff and others sell them for about $75. They're actually made for the standard Wing, and need a simple mod at the bottom to compensate for the slightly smaller lowers on the F6B.

I'm about 5'-11", but have a 30" inseam so I sit very high in the saddle. I kept the stock seat as it fits me fine.

BTW the Clearview was my first choice, partly because I live about an hour from them and I could have picked the shield up. At the time I was looking they told me there was a 3 week backlog, so I bought the Klock Werks, which arrived in about 2 days. I didn't want to ride with that Honda (non) shield any longer than necessary!

olegoat345
03-06-2018, 09:46 AM
I have a 16" Klock, my problem is the cold air comes around behind my lower back & gets under my jacket. BUT, I also have those wind wings on my fairing & under my mirrors. Don't know which is causing the issue with the cold air whipping behind my low back & getting under my jacket. On cold days it bothers a decades old back injury.
Anybody else w/ a klock had the wind going up your back??

seventwenty
03-06-2018, 10:40 AM
My Klockworks was failing to do the job needed. Replaced it with a Mastad and now all it good. The KW is in the spare parts pile in case I need a nice curved piece of clear plastic for some reason. Not worth the trouble or expense to sale and ship.

I bought a used KW last month. Shipping was only $13 USPS. Michigan to Iowa may have saved some as it was going to be more than that to have a set of saddle bags liners shipped from Fl.

Sorcerer
03-06-2018, 11:40 AM
I’m 5’6” with a 29” inseam. I have the 14” klock Works. Some days I think the 16” would have been a better choice. If / when I need to replace it I will go with the 16”.

wjduke
03-06-2018, 06:57 PM
5'11"....33 inseam. Works great for me. It blocks a lot for it's size.

Fingerz
03-06-2018, 08:36 PM
I have a 14” Klock Werk and I love it. I could have gotten away with a 16” actually. I’m 5’10 and have plenty of over the top view. It was the first thing I added to my bike. I liked the design of the shield with the F6 and that along with reviews help me decide. I went with a smoked screen.

oboy66
03-07-2018, 05:26 PM
Thanks for all input guys. Since I probably have at least a month before riding is a reality here I’m going to try and hunt down a used tinted (15-16”)Klock or Clearview. If anyone hears of one available in the next few weeks shoot me a PM.
Ride safe!

Xrider57
03-11-2018, 09:48 AM
Thanks for all input guys. Since I probably have at least a month before riding is a reality here I’m going to try and hunt down a used tinted (15-16”)Klock or Clearview. If anyone hears of one available in the next few weeks shoot me a PM.
Ride safe!

One thing to keep in mind about the tint is if you are going up hills you will have to look through your shield at times. The Klock I have is darker than the CV and was a problem at times. My eyes had to adjust to the tint then back. My CV is the light tint which is much clearer than the klock light tint. It is much easier now. Just food for thought from my own experience.

oboy66
03-11-2018, 08:02 PM
Thanks, that’s exactly the type of feedback a newb like me needs!
Appreciate it!

keller123
03-11-2018, 09:29 PM
Tried the tall Clock Works, more buffeting than my 19 inch bagger Shield, sent it back went with the mad stad.

skippy1969
03-30-2018, 06:50 AM
I have a 16" Klockwerks tinted.
I'm 6"2 and I LOVE it!
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/897/40218383775_e62770f712_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/24gXJiV)20170728_120150 (https://flic.kr/p/24gXJiV) by Scott Seiler (https://www.flickr.com/photos/156162889@N02/), on Flickr

keller123
03-30-2018, 07:48 AM
I have a 16" Klockwerks tinted.
I'm 6"2 and I LOVE it!
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/897/40218383775_e62770f712_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/24gXJiV)20170728_120150 (https://flic.kr/p/24gXJiV) by Scott Seiler (https://www.flickr.com/photos/156162889@N02/), on Flickr

Yeah I think it's all a matter of what you like, and the conditions you like to ride in, until you put a ------- and see how much less buffeting you get, it's hard to compare. The Clock Works absolutely did not work for me, I love being able to put my mad stad clear up, and my wife have a very comfortable non buffeting ride! It's cool when you're riding along and you can put your hand by your helmet and raise your hand up above your helmet about 6in and still not feel any wind! Pretty cool, makes those hot summer days with all that turbulence, so much more smoother on long rides! glad you're happy with the Clock Works, if you ever get a chance though try the Mad stad 15 in