PDA

View Full Version : MADSTAD 20% off until 3-11-18

dustytrader
03-06-2018, 10:31 AM
I just got the Spring flyer for those of you that want a MADSTAD shield. 20% off is a great deal. I just ordered me a 15" clear. Code is "MADSPRING20"

2wheelsforme
03-06-2018, 10:36 AM
Ends on the 11th.

Walcrow
03-06-2018, 11:25 AM
Is the discount for complete shields only? Might want to add a dark 13" shield to mine.

dustytrader
03-06-2018, 01:25 PM
It says on a "MadStad windshield system" so I would assume it's a complete windshield. Feel free to call and ask them, they respond quickly to email

Is the discount for complete shields only? Might want to add a dark 13" shield to mine.

six2go
03-06-2018, 01:42 PM
I just ordered mine about an hour ago. My Clearviews have served me well, but there's something better out there I gotta try it.

edgeman55
03-06-2018, 01:50 PM
I just ordered mine about an hour ago. My Clearviews have served me well, but there's something better out there I gotta try it.

You will be very happy on how well the Madstad performs:)

willtill
03-07-2018, 11:13 AM
You can use the discount on just the shield if you like. I need a 15" to replace my 13"

http://i66.tinypic.com/5p0to4.jpg

Walcrow
03-07-2018, 03:51 PM
Thanks Will. Just what I needed to know.

six2go
03-09-2018, 06:38 PM
Received shipping notification today. To be delivered next Wednesday.

Holliwood
03-10-2018, 09:53 AM
I just ordered the MadStad 15" Clear using the discount code. Thanks to Masonmike for telling me about the code and also for coming over for a beer and helping me decide on the size I would order. Although I am 6' w/33" inseam I decided to go with a 2" larger shield then what MadStad suggests based in part on John Keller's UTube video. The MadStad will replace an XL Clearview which I found was better then the stock shield but still buffeting on the top 1/3 of my helmet. I am hoping the MadStad provides calmer air. I'll let you know later or at the Cherokee Rally for those who will be there.

keller123
03-10-2018, 03:07 PM

good move

keller123
03-10-2018, 03:24 PM
I just ordered the MadStad 15" Clear using the discount code. Thanks to Masonmike for telling me about the code and also for coming over for a beer and helping me decide on the size I would order. Although I am 6' w/33" inseam I decided to go with a 2" larger shield then what MadStad suggests based in part on John Keller's UTube video. The MadStad will replace an XL Clearview which I found was better then the stock shield but still buffeting on the top 1/3 of my helmet. I am hoping the MadStad provides calmer air. I'll let you know later or at the Cherokee Rally for those who will be there.

uh oh, now the pressure is on me, But glad my video helped.:cool: Almost took that one down since my wife said i was way to hyper! Get ready to be very happy. If you do not do a ton of night riding, you should really consider calling on Monday and getting the medium gray, I am even OK with it at night in lowest position you will be fine, you will see over the shield when you straighten your back a little, and boy it just looks great on the bike. Now if you do not straighten your back, you will still see over the shield but about 70 feet vs 40 feet in front of you. I just got back from an hour ride and basically leave mine now in the lowest position, tilted all the way back. 85 mph, and there is just a nice clean stream of air....still very happy. Now on cold days or wife on the back, the shield does come up and angled out a little. let me know how you like it.

willtill
03-10-2018, 08:24 PM
I do not have a problem with the medium gray Madstad windshield at night. I can look right through it with no issues. The stock headlights on the F6B work well.

keller123
03-10-2018, 09:48 PM
I do not have a problem with the medium gray Madstad windshield at night. I can look right through it with no issues. The stock headlights on the F6B work well.

I basically feel the same way, my eyes aren't the greatest at 53 years old, but I did have LASIK surgery around 36, I had bad stigmatism so I do have a little bit of halos, I actually think looking through the shield take some of that away, some people or more picky than I about safety and again I'm okay with it, looking through the shield at medium Gray, at 6-foot though he should be looking over the shield in its lowest position again anywhere from 50 to 70 feet in front of them, I think you will second the motion that Medium grey will look much better than the clear

six2go
03-18-2018, 06:48 PM
Mine was delivered Wednesday as scheduled. Didn't have a chance to mess with it until this evening. Got it installed, now waiting for that first rideable day. Maybe tomorrow?

keller123
03-18-2018, 08:43 PM
Mine was delivered Wednesday as scheduled. Didn't have a chance to mess with it until this evening. Got it installed, now waiting for that first rideable day. Maybe tomorrow?

Enjoy it! Let us know what you think

dustytrader
03-19-2018, 09:14 AM
I got mine delivered last Tuesday and installed it the same evening. So far so good, but haven't had much of a chance to play around with it. I ran some black weather strip along where the plate meets the dash to fill some gap, also ran my GPS power cable through there and now have it mounted on the dash and hid behind the black mounting plate.

I just got the Spring flyer for those of you that want a MADSTAD shield. 20% off is a great deal. I just ordered me a 15" clear. Code is "MADSPRING20"