PDA

View Full Version : I'm a cowboy without a horse

taxfree4
03-20-2018, 06:23 PM
Taking the bike from Staten Island to Brooklyn and wouldn't you know someone rear ended me pushed me into the car in front which twisted the bike sideways and she ended up on top of me. 4 years to get it just the way you want it looks like she is gone. Going with a tow truck to pick her up and assess the damage. Lots of oil on the road may have crankcase damage.

2wheelsforme
03-20-2018, 06:36 PM
Sorry to hear that news. Hope the insurance company is fair enough to you that you can get a newer better replacement.

F6Bster
03-20-2018, 06:49 PM
That is always such an ugly sight!! Glad you are okay. Riding in traffic always makes me really cautious, but you never know what cages are going to do. Then again, my big accident several years ago was out in the middle of nowhere with no cars around. Sometimes the odds catch up with us. Hope all works out okay.

Interesting that the right rear of her car looks to be a mess also...almost like she got rear-ended also.

JackB
03-20-2018, 07:00 PM
Will That Sucks
Hope you are alright.

ReserveBum
03-20-2018, 07:10 PM
sorry man i know its been a tough year

shortleg0521
03-20-2018, 07:35 PM
Was that the Gothels bridge?
Man I am just glad you are OK.
You and I know what the insurance guys
are going to say.
What I am going to say is sue the bastards and make the decision
That you and I both know you have to make.
Sue first then make your decision later after having a heart to heart
with both your wife and then yourself.
In it with ya bro.

Great Gazoo
03-20-2018, 08:24 PM
Glad you are OK. Sorry for the accident. Hope everything works out for the best.

Kokomo Kevin
03-20-2018, 08:42 PM
Damn sorry , your bike was one of the nicest, best sounding bikes on this site. Glad you are ok, Get back on the horse! Get you another one! Insurance should give you something for pain @ suffering?

Does NY have that damn NO Fault insurance scheme?

taxfree4
03-20-2018, 08:43 PM
Was that the Gothels bridge?
Man I am just glad you are OK.
You and I know what the insurance guys
are going to say.
What I am going to say is sue the bastards and make the decision
That you and I both know you have to make.
Sue first then make your decision later after having a heart to heart
with both your wife and then yourself.
In it with ya bro.

Verrazano, had this bike been smaller, lighter or narrower it would definitely been another story. The bike saved my life because had it been narrower I would have definitely been under the car. It is that wide design that stopped the bike from going under. Went to pick it up with the tow truck crankcase cracked open, busted up all over. I know I'm OK and alive but the hours I spent with that bike...damnit. It was pitiful the way it was laying there in the parking lot, they didn't even have the decency to put it on its' stand. Anyway, the INNOVV front and back camera system did its' job perfectly. Here's a link to see the front and rear action as it happened:

https://youtu.be/cPv8gE5Bgog

BTW the wife said in the hospital if I even think of getting another one she will call the lawyer immediately, discussion closed.

Kokomo Kevin
03-20-2018, 08:53 PM
Taxfree4,
Sue, Sue ,Sue and when the car owners lawyer wont settle, show them the tape, no question who is at fault here....

Walcrow
03-20-2018, 08:54 PM
Was that asswipe that hit you from behind listening to Rachael Maddow or watching Chuckie Schumer on his Android?

Get those Helibars and the RDL off asap, put 'em in your closet, then sue the asswipe by 9am tomorrow morning.

Kokomo Kevin
03-20-2018, 08:57 PM
Worse yet they were probably Texting, putting on their makeup and drinking while driving. If I had a dollar for everytime I have seen that here in Indiana, I would be a millionaire 2x!

taxfree4
03-20-2018, 09:06 PM
Taxfree4,
Sue, Sue ,Sue and when the car owners lawyer wont settle, show them the tape, no question who is at fault here....

I have a lawyer already and he is sharpening his pencil, the funny part is there were 4 vehicles involved and we all have GEICO

scottydi
03-20-2018, 09:12 PM
That sucks, glad you were fortunate enough to walk away from that one. There is an old country song that might be applicable "I'm gonna miss her" your job is to figure out if "her" is the bike or the wife...

Scott

Kokomo Kevin
03-20-2018, 09:14 PM
Don't feel sorry for Geico! I agree with Walcrow, I would get what salvage parts I could because the wrecking yard storage folks will strip it.....

taxfree4
03-20-2018, 09:14 PM
Was that asswipe that hit you from behind listening to Rachael Maddow or watching Chuckie Schumer on his Android?

Get those Helibars and the RDL off asap, put 'em in your closet, then sue the asswipe by 9am tomorrow morning.

You know that was the first thing that went through my mind and the MP3 rack

taxfree4
03-20-2018, 09:16 PM
Don't feel sorry for Geico! I agree with Walcrow, I would get what salvage parts I could because the wrecking yard storage folks will strip it.....

It's already sitting at my friend's body shop, the Triborough cop put it in their personal lot so the rotation tow people wouldn't grab it, he gave me 18 hours. Called my buddy up and the truck came and she is in a nice heated garage.

Kokomo Kevin
03-20-2018, 09:20 PM
Good, Cause all the custom parts you put of her, the GEICO ripoff artists will not give you what they are worth. Give her a nice funeral, and find another horse!

LA Weld
03-20-2018, 09:30 PM
Glad your OK, Bike can be fixed or replaced.
You are the main thing in this deal.
Now that I have been all nice- first dibs on the RDL...

Glad you are OK! That is all that counts..

Walcrow
03-20-2018, 09:38 PM
"Now that I have been all nice- first dibs on the RDL..."

LA....YOU ARE ONE FUNNY SOB!!! Got the Kleenex handy I'm laughing so hard.............

and BTW, if you get it, you'll love every mile on it. You can't have mine, ever.

taxfree4
03-20-2018, 09:42 PM

The vultures are circling

taxfree4
03-20-2018, 09:44 PM

I'm going to develop a recliner around that sucker are you kidding.

F6Bster
03-20-2018, 10:06 PM
That video is amazing. Amazing! Really fortunate that you are okay. Very happy that you're okay.

Walcrow
03-20-2018, 10:13 PM
We're all a bunch of ambulance chasers............BTW, how many miles on those tires?? !!!

ths61
03-20-2018, 10:40 PM
Tax, sorry to see that. Are you OK ??? Hope you get everything resolved ASAP.

NMRed
03-20-2018, 11:08 PM
Good to hear your OK. I've had 2 wives and about 20 bikes. Seems to me its much easier to find a great wife than it is a great bike, choose wisely.

jellybean
03-20-2018, 11:19 PM
Sorry for what's happened and glad you're Ok...sound like you need the new 2018 Goldwing:)

JB

taxfree4
03-21-2018, 04:47 AM
We're all a bunch of ambulance chasers............BTW, how many miles on those tires?? !!!

Lord, they pick at my bones

taxfree4
03-21-2018, 04:49 AM
That video is amazing. Amazing! Really fortunate that you are okay. Very happy that you're okay.

The INNOVV camera system is worth every penny I spent on it, I'm installing it on the car also.

willtill
03-21-2018, 06:40 AM
Just woke up and this is the first thing I read this morning on the board. Holy crap!

Glad your OK Mike... am sorry that your bike is not so though... I hate seeing a bike laying on it's side like a wounded animal. Moreso if the owner was laying alongside of it (thankfully not) in this case.

I agree... sue the chit out of the driver that rear ended you. Not for the money... but for the principle. That was nothing but assault with a deadly weapon for Keerists sake :mad:

taxfree4
03-21-2018, 06:56 AM
Just woke up and this is the first thing I read this morning on the board. Holy crap!

Glad your OK Mike... am sorry that your bike is not so though... I hate seeing a bike laying on it's side like a wounded animal. Moreso if the owner was laying alongside of it (thankfully not) in this case.

I agree... sue the chit out of the driver that rear ended you. Not for the money... but for the principle. That was nothing but assault with a deadly weapon for Keerists sake :mad:

Thanks will, as the video shows she didn't even slow up till she hit me, I guess I should be thankful she actually had insurance. The bitch of it is after 4 years of tweaking that bike and getting it exactly the way I wanted it I had to wind up in front of this dingbat. It does look so pitiful laying on its' side but I'll say it again if it wasn't for the size, profile and bigness of this bike I would have been under that car instead of wedged against it. BEST BIKE ON THE PLANET.

2wheelsforme
03-21-2018, 07:11 AM
Yes you should be thankful She has insurance but more importantly you are not seriously injured. I'm surprised by some here who sound to be sue happy without any details of what any of the insurance companies are going to do. Hopefully Hers will compensate you justly and you can get back on a horse soon. I've crashed twice once my fault and the other time a cage hit me. Both times the insurance companies were happy to pay me more than the bike was worth and I was not hurt either time. At no time was a lawsuit or suing someone thought about.

Rickc
03-21-2018, 07:31 AM
Sorry for your loss and happy you are okay. Take it easy for a few days don't be in a hurry to sign off on no injuries.

LA Weld
03-21-2018, 07:42 AM

This crowd will be all lined up for the dismantle. Really sorry for your loss, and really really sorry for the ultimatum.

jm21ddd15
03-21-2018, 08:09 AM
Wow! Just logged on and just saw this. That really sucks! Glad you are doing okay. I know a couple Dealers in Wisconsin that still have new F6Bs on their showroom floors, if you are interested. Or, maybe you like the new Gl1833. Hope you get a good settlement!

vstar09
03-21-2018, 08:24 AM
The important thing is you didn't get hurt bad, you can allways get another bike..... glad your ok

olegoat345
03-21-2018, 08:33 AM
if you get another pre 2018 "B" you can transfer all your good after market goodies over to it. My insurance covers after market up to $5K. Get every penny you can.
A buddy that did a "buy back" from his insurance co., took all his goodies off, sold what was left of the bike, brought a new bike & came out smelling like a rose, with $$ in his pocket..

shortleg0521
03-21-2018, 08:40 AM
Verrazano, had this bike been smaller, lighter or narrower it would definitely been another story. The bike saved my life because had it been narrower I would have definitely been under the car. It is that wide design that stopped the bike from going under. Went to pick it up with the tow truck crankcase cracked open, busted up all over. I know I'm OK and alive but the hours I spent with that bike...damnit. It was pitiful the way it was laying there in the parking lot, they didn't even have the decency to put it on its' stand. Anyway, the INNOVV front and back camera system did its' job perfectly. Here's a link to see the front and rear action as it happened:

BTW the wife said in the hospital if I even think of getting another one she will call the lawyer immediately, discussion closed.

I know how you feel.
had abike that had about 70K on and had been everywhere on it. Then had a lady pull out in front of me while I was going 60 mph and I t boned her.
When I got up and looked at my bike I felt like a Cowboy looking at his horse laying dead in front him.
Hang in my friend and hope you feel better soon.

shortleg0521
03-21-2018, 08:42 AM
With you all having GEICO how many Gekos will they need for that one.

taxfree4
03-21-2018, 09:11 AM
With you all having GEICO how many Gekos will they need for that one.

I don't know but hopefully when I'm done he'll be standing there with his pockets turned inside out with a begging cup in his hand. I'm tired of driving for me and the other drivers around me. This lady ruined a wonderful thing for me - an escape that only those who ride can understand. My wife is scared to death, and rightfully so, and I have to resign myself to the fact that I may never sit on a bike again, unless I want to be single and alone. But I will try my best to make sure this lady that rammed into to me never does it again and that she will keep her eyes on the road. Whether she was on the phone that will come out in the litigation.

willtill
03-21-2018, 09:44 AM
Yes you should be thankful She has insurance but more importantly you are not seriously injured. I'm surprised by some here who sound to be sue happy without any details of what any of the insurance companies are going to do. Hopefully Hers will compensate you justly and you can get back on a horse soon. I've crashed twice once my fault and the other time a cage hit me. Both times the insurance companies were happy to pay me more than the bike was worth and I was not hurt either time. At no time was a lawsuit or suing someone thought about.

Surprised? SURPRISED? Really?

That bitch needs to be taught a lesson. Sue her ass off for what she's done. Sometimes the only way you can get through to people is through their pocketbook.

Take her to the cleaners Mike. Maybe next time she won't run another biker down.

3Chief
03-21-2018, 11:07 AM
Glad your alright, sorry about the B...That really sucks. Let the wifey calm down a little, then show her the price of some fancy BMW M5 or something along those lines that you want since she says no bike and she'll change her tune ;)

glide one
03-21-2018, 01:26 PM
Tax so glad you walked away from that hit.
Things could have been a lot worst.
When the dollars come in negotiate with the wife for a new ride---new wing or corvette or both.

lloydmoore1
03-21-2018, 05:58 PM
That's a cool vid and glad to see you walked away..lucky man. Good luck on getting another bike it might take some time.

taxfree4
03-21-2018, 06:24 PM
I was advised that the only way it'll happen is if we move to Florida. I reminded her that the East coast is full of 80-90 year o;d ladies, as Florida is the place where husbands go to die, in their widow mobile changing lanes without signalling, turning right with their left blinker on, turning without a blinker on etc. I'd have better luck in the 5 boros. Anyway, that's the ultimatum.

2wheelsforme
03-21-2018, 06:40 PM
Don't think all of Florida is like South Florida or even central Florida. North West is completely different, even in another time zone.

ths61
03-21-2018, 06:54 PM
I don't know but hopefully when I'm done he'll be standing there with his pockets turned inside out with a begging cup in his hand. I'm tired of driving for me and the other drivers around me. This lady ruined a wonderful thing for me - an escape that only those who ride can understand. My wife is scared to death, and rightfully so, and I have to resign myself to the fact that I may never sit on a bike again, unless I want to be single and alone. But I will try my best to make sure this lady that rammed into to me never does it again and that she will keep her eyes on the road. Whether she was on the phone that will come out in the litigation.

Should we start a betting pool ?

- Phone
- Texting
- Applying Makeup
- Interacting with the kid in the back seat
- Watching the XYZ on the side of the road
- Looking for something in her purse
- Playing with the stereo
- etc.

I had a woman rear end me right after I bought one of the first new models that were released in my state. The woman thought nothing of rear ending a motorcyclist with a van. No big deal, absolute disregard. Once I looked at her front and rear bumpers, I realized she was a serial repeat offender. I am surprised she still had a drivers license. She gave me fake insurance information, offered to send me a check if I didn't report it and lied to the cop and her insurance company. The cop could easily see she was lying by the damage and the eye witnesses. Her insurance company realized she was lying once they got an unaltered copy of the police report.

Surprised? SURPRISED? Really?

That bitch needs to be taught a lesson. Sue her ass off for what she's done. Sometimes the only way you can get through to people is through their pocketbook.

Take her to the cleaners Mike. Maybe next time she won't run another biker down.

Agreed, they need to learn a lesson. Unfortunately, suing is the only legal way to teach that lesson since the laws allow them to keep their licenses. She was recklessly operating an "assault weapon".

taxfree4
03-21-2018, 07:38 PM
Don't think all of Florida is like South Florida or even central Florida. North West is completely different, even in another time zone.

You mean LA (Lower Alabama), I have been through those parts and it is just fine and not overcrowded like the east coast.

taxfree4
03-21-2018, 07:40 PM
Should we start a betting pool ?

- Phone
- Texting
- Applying Makeup
- Interacting with the kid in the back seat
- Watching the XYZ on the side of the road
- Looking for something in her purse
- Playing with the stereo
- etc.

I had a woman rear end me right after I bought one of the first new models that were released in my state. The woman thought nothing of rear ending a motorcyclist with a van. No big deal, absolute disregard. Once I looked at her front and rear bumpers, I realized she was a serial repeat offender. I am surprised she still had a drivers license. She gave me fake insurance information, offered to send me a check if I didn't report it and lied to the cop and her insurance company. The cop could easily see she was lying by the damage and the eye witnesses. Her insurance company realized she was lying once they got an unaltered copy of the police report.

Agreed, they need to learn a lesson. Unfortunately, suing is the only legal way to teach that lesson since the laws allow them to keep their licenses. She was recklessly operating an "assault weapon".

In the works already, hopefully she will never do this again if I wasn't on this superior bike it could have been much different

nvmyf6
03-21-2018, 08:01 PM
Wow, glad to know that you are okay. That video system you have is a great add on.

taxfree4
03-21-2018, 08:25 PM
Wow, glad to know that you are okay. That video system you have is a great add on.

Everyone should get one it was the best money I spent and will not allow the lady who hit me to lie.

Xrider57
03-21-2018, 09:18 PM

I’m so sorry that happened to you! I can imagine how you feel but you are still with us and that’s something to be thankful for. Right now it’s a very emotional circumstance for your wife. Give it time and she may change her mind. Lots of pouting and standing in the garage looking at the spot your bike lived may help .

taxfree4
03-21-2018, 09:28 PM
I’m so sorry that happened to you! I can imagine how you feel but you are still with us and that’s something to be thankful for. Right now it’s a very emotional circumstance for your wife. Give it time and she may change her mind. Lots of pouting and standing in the garage looking at the spot your bike lived may help .

Anger is what comes over me whenever I look at those pictures. I have spent many happy miles on my old friend and it was all taken away in a second by some bitch who was probably texting. This was not just a bike it was THE bike I have been searching for after years of being frustrated with Harleys. I traded in my 2013 Road Glide, with 4000 miles on it, for it and took a hit but I didn't care. So many hours spent working on it adding all those accessories to get it just right and gone. Anger is the only thing I feel and it won't go away anytime soon.

Walcrow
03-21-2018, 09:43 PM
Mike.........

I hope you might have some solace that quite a few of us on this forum are close to being just as pissed as you. She probably wouldn't last too long down here in Texas.

Heal up and take that Pit bull for long walk.

lgjhn
03-21-2018, 10:04 PM
Mike, I just logged on and saw this, buddy.
I'm glad you're ok physically. So sorry this happened to you.
My money is on the bet that she was texting. IF I remember correctly, NY has a big azz fine for that.
FWIW, I did start up and ride one of the 2018s.....it's bad to the bone, my friend...drone or no drone...LOL
This event convinced me that I need to get one of those cameras...worth it's weight in gold in a case like this.
I'm also with the "sue" crowd. This beotch needs to be taught a hard lesson.
Keep us posted, old friend.

willtill
03-22-2018, 05:24 AM

Everyone should get one it was the best money I spent and will not allow the lady who hit me to lie.

My money is on the bet that she was texting. IF I remember correctly, NY has a big azz fine for that.
FWIW, I did start up and ride one of the 2018s.....it's bad to the bone, my friend...drone or no drone...LOL
This event convinced me that I need to get one of those cameras...worth it's weight in gold in a case like this.

I am re-thinking my camera at this time. I wear a Ion Air Pro on my helmet.. though in an event such as Mike just endured; that camera most likely could be flung off and possibly lost (doesn't get rear video anyway... just 180 degree's of forward views). It better than nothing at the moment... does give drivers pause when they see me looking at them though.

I'm going to have a lot of time this spring/summer to work on my bike since I'll be out of work (unexpected changes at work unfortunately). So may as well get on Amazon and start looking at them....

taxfree4
03-22-2018, 05:45 AM
Mike.........

I hope you might have some solace that quite a few of us on this forum are close to being just as pissed as you. She probably wouldn't last too long down here in Texas.

Heal up and take that Pit bull for long walk.

I did and I was so out of my mind I lost my backup pair of glasses because my brand new ones were smashed in the crash. To see the computer screen I have to push the tip of my nose practically up against the screen, I look like one of those ladies in the widow mobiles in FLA. I retraced my steps but with 6 inches of snow on the ground it wasn't successful, I'll go to the $1 store and get a pair off the rack for now.

taxfree4
03-22-2018, 05:46 AM
I am re-thinking my camera at this time. I wear a Ion Air Pro on my helmet.. though in an event such as Mike just endured; that camera most likely could be flung off and possibly lost (doesn't get rear video anyway... just 180 degree's of forward views). It better than nothing at the moment... does give drivers pause when they see me looking at them though.

I'm going to have a lot of time this spring/summer to work on my bike since I'll be out of work (unexpected changes at work unfortunately). So may as well get on Amazon and start looking at them....

That sucks will, anyone with good news on the forum, I know you were going to retire soon so they made the decision for you the bastards.

taxfree4
03-22-2018, 05:51 AM

Thanks lgjhn, I know the 18's are nice but the way I had my bike between the Helis, TBR's and the RDL I was done. That was my last bike, outside of a calamity I didn't need another one so fate provided the calamity but I am going to make sure this teewhat will never have her head down in a car again unless she's a passenger and is giving a Lewinski to the driver.

shortleg0521
03-22-2018, 08:18 AM
I like the way you think!!!!

olegoat345
03-22-2018, 09:05 AM
I hope you end up with a pocket full of cash & you can buy the twin to your wrecked bike. Sometimes working on them is as relaxing & fun as riding === sometimes.
Speaking of "old." ==My Mom use to say, "there's old & then there "OLD!"
I'll be 76 in April. My G/F (72yo) & I still ride hard, like we're in our 30's. I'll often drag the pegs on my "B." She'll lean her Indian over too.
I see people as young as 45-50 talk about getting old and some in worst shape than either of us.
Being "OLD" is often a state of mind. My point, not all the "old" people in FL. are "OLD."
There's some really good riding here in central FL. Lots of rural / back roads that'll lead to ?? & let the GPS bring us home.

lloydmoore1
03-22-2018, 10:02 AM
I was advised that the only way it'll happen is if we move to Florida. I reminded her that the East coast is full of 80-90 year o;d ladies, as Florida is the place where husbands go to die, in their widow mobile changing lanes without signalling, turning right with their left blinker on, turning without a blinker on etc. I'd have better luck in the 5 boros. Anyway, that's the ultimatum.

hahaha now that's funny but true

olegoat345
03-22-2018, 02:05 PM
Lloyd, my G/F's from Ottawa, Ontario area, out in the boonies someplace. She broke horses when she was young. Still tough as nails. Likes to twist that right grip against the stop.

willtill
03-22-2018, 02:51 PM
Mike,

Looks like that lady damaged the right rear wheel of her car as well. How in the world did that happen if she hit you from behind?

http://i63.tinypic.com/2wr2fwo.jpg

ths61
03-22-2018, 03:02 PM
Mike,

Looks like that lady damaged the right rear wheel of her car as well. How in the world did that happen if she hit you from behind?

Tax said there were 4 vehicles involved. She created a chain reaction by not maintaining control of her vehicle.

willtill
03-22-2018, 03:09 PM
Tax said there were 4 vehicles involved. She created a chain reaction by not maintaining control of her vehicle.

Oh. Ok... would explain it then I guess. Thanks!

Rickc
03-22-2018, 03:23 PM
Apparently more than one person was not paying attention. I see people texting while driving almost everyday.

choptop
03-22-2018, 06:30 PM
Damn Taxfree, glad you are ok, you can make another your own, you are able, thank God !!

olegoat345
03-22-2018, 06:40 PM
Check out the photo, she's texting. Wonder if she's finishing up her "crash text" ??
I have a 2017 car w/ a 11" screen. The damn thing is dangerous if you need to change the temp or fan or another radio station. It's impossible to keep eyes on road & use the touch screen . If you're on the least bit rough road, forget it, you're going to hit the wrong place on the screen. Very dangerous.

taxfree4
03-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Mike,

http://i63.tinypic.com/2wr2fwo.jpg

Yes will, the guy behind her veered to the right at the last minute trying to avoid a direct hit in the back so he clipped her at the last minute. I picked up the accident report today and she is lying through her teeth already. She claims that she was slowing down when she was struck from behind and that sent her into me. If you see the video her rate of speed is constant till she hits me only then does her rate of speed change. The way it went down, from doing accident investigation for Verizon, was both SUV's behind me were traveling at similar speeds the vehicle behind her had no indication she was slowing down because she wasn't so he maintained his traveling distance, even though it wasn't sufficient, because she never hit the brakes until impact as she was distracted, probably texting. At that point when she smashed into me it was too late for the SUV behind her and the only thing he could do is an aversion not to hit her straight on so he clipped her side which in no way could send that much force through her vehicle and strike me with the force she did. Her vehicle would have absorbed most of the impact if that was the case. That's where the video comes in and it just smashes her argument, there is software that can measure her rate of speed and show it never changed BUT I was hit in the rear and so was she which makes the point moot to the insurance company, however, it will come in very handy in the case. That sound you hear is her lawyers jaw dropping to the floor when he realizes there is a video.

ths61
03-22-2018, 08:19 PM
Yes will, the guy behind her veered to the right at the last minute trying to avoid a direct hit in the back so he clipped her at the last minute. I picked up the accident report today and she is lying through her teeth already. She claims that she was slowing down when she was struck from behind and that sent her into me. If you see the video her rate of speed is constant till she hits me only then does her rate of speed change. The way it went down, from doing accident investigation for Verizon, was both SUV's behind me were traveling at similar speeds the vehicle behind her had no indication she was slowing down because she wasn't so he maintained his traveling distance, even though it wasn't sufficient, because she never hit the brakes until impact as she was distracted, probably texting. At that point when she smashed into me it was too late for the SUV behind her and the only thing he could do is an aversion not to hit her straight on so he clipped her side which in no way could send that much force through her vehicle and strike me with the force she did. Her vehicle would have absorbed most of the impact if that was the case. That's where the video comes in and it just smashes her argument, there is software that can measure her rate of speed and show it never changed BUT I was hit in the rear and so was she which makes the point moot to the insurance company, however, it will come in very handy in the case. That sound you hear is her lawyers jaw dropping to the floor when he realizes there is a video.

Does the woman (and her lawyers) know there is video evidence ?

taxfree4
03-22-2018, 08:20 PM
Does the woman (and her lawyers) know there is video evidence ?

Negative, but they will.

ths61
03-22-2018, 08:47 PM
Negative, but they will.

Let her perjure herself first. Maybe the court will see her true colors.

LA Weld
03-22-2018, 10:00 PM
Let her perjure herself first. Maybe the court will see her true colors.

That is my thinking also. I feel sorry for the person behind her as they will probably get stuck also, even with her being the cause...

Phantom
03-22-2018, 11:43 PM
You mean LA (Lower Alabama), I have been through those parts and it is just fine and not overcrowded like the east coast.

Mike, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. You are alive and able to ride again. Thank Your lucky stars.

As far as LA, its a beautiful thang.
:cheers:

taxfree4
03-23-2018, 03:50 AM
Mike, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. You are alive and able to ride again. Thank Your lucky stars.

As far as LA, its a beautiful thang.
:cheers:

Much to the chagrin of both my ex-wifes their wishes did not come true, my death will not be that quick or painless. As far as riding again my current dictator says NO, at least till we get down to Fla. permanently.

wjduke
03-23-2018, 04:36 AM
Sorry about what happened and you got right up. Been following and had to say something when you mentioned how she's lying. You have video and thankfully I had an eye witness. I had a lying 83 year old. I was on the way to the hospital and wasn't aware. Thankfully, someone stepped up and told the truth. I still never met that witness. Good luck getting what you can. My evil doer had the least insurance allowed by Mass. law.

taxfree4
03-23-2018, 06:45 AM
Thanks duke,

The INNOVV camera system was the best $ I ever spent and I it will be installed on as many vehicles as I have or will have in the future. You cannot rely on people telling the truth anymore because there is no honor in dignity only solace in deception. Once in a while you'll get a person with conviction, like the witness you had, but it is a rare commodity.

choptop
03-23-2018, 06:59 AM
Much to the chagrin of both my ex-wifes their wishes did not come true, my death will not be that quick or painless. As far as riding again my current dictator says NO, at least till we get down to Fla. permanently.

You survived the accident, hope you are as lucky when the current "dictator" hears how you described the "Love of your life" to your buds !!:hitfan::tissue::D

taxfree4
03-23-2018, 05:25 PM
You survived the accident, hope you are as lucky when the current "dictator" hears how you described the "Love of your life" to your buds !!:hitfan::tissue::D

She's OK with the moniker, she considers it a triumph in doing something the other 2 couldn't ----dominate. The reason why the others are ex-wives is because they tried to tell me what to do, this one figured me out when even I couldn't figure me out.

choptop
03-23-2018, 09:46 PM
Good to here taxfree, kind of in the same scenario myself and I'm to old to be told what to do because who knows when you wont be able to do it.

taxfree4
03-24-2018, 11:38 AM
The damage:

Forgot to get the cracked crankcase.

taxfree4
03-24-2018, 11:40 AM
The damage:

Forgot to get the cracked crankcase.

Cuts like a knife

https://youtu.be/-sCbFTr5IpI

wjduke
03-24-2018, 01:29 PM
What a suck fest...she's most likely totaled. I'd be sick. With your situation at home and all, hopefully get what you have invested and then some. Good luck.

Sorcerer
03-24-2018, 02:38 PM
That bike is scrap. My 13 had far less trauma than yours. The guy writing the estimate stopped when he got to $10,000.

Av8er
03-24-2018, 06:55 PM
Glad you are ok. Bikes can be replaced for sure. What was the ram ball mount for on th back?

Walcrow
03-24-2018, 07:14 PM
Mike.............OUCH!! Looks pretty banged up for sure but those TBR's look half-ass OK, but I know I'm not looking at the whole enchilada. I would agree with several that it looks like it needs a headstone. Back in 1982, I had restored a BMW R90S to immaculate and then a senior AARP member in a Suburban pulled in front of me the FIRST FRIGGIN day I had it out. Front forks and the front tire ended up UNDER the engine. At least my Bell helmet at the time completely demolished her front windshield when my head hit it dead on. Her insurance adjuster came by my office several weeks later with a blank check ready to fill in the amount I would agree to with the release in the other hand. He filled out the check to my pleasure and I signed his release. That day I went from off-the-charts pissed to a peaceful happy camper. Her insurance company DID NOT want to go to any court in Texas as the defendant. We would have put her UNDER the nursing home. Wishing you mucho success with the opposition.....BTW, did the Helibars survive??? (I must be related to LA WELD)

zzh54
03-24-2018, 07:20 PM
Glad you are still here to tell the story. that is my biggest fear of riding, getting struck from the rear. AGAIN , glad you are ok

Not sure about other states, but in New York, you will be sued for hitting the car in front of you, Don't ask how I know, But your Lawyer should be will versed in that. but keep in mind its coming. that gets added to you sueing the one who hit you.
Hope all works out, she was a beauty

taxfree4
03-24-2018, 07:43 PM
Mike.............OUCH!! Looks pretty banged up for sure but those TBR's look half-ass OK, but I know I'm not looking at the whole enchilada. I would agree with several that it looks like it needs a headstone. Back in 1982, I had restored a BMW R90S to immaculate and then a senior AARP member in a Suburban pulled in front of me the FIRST FRIGGIN day I had it out. Front forks and the front tire ended up UNDER the engine. At least my Bell helmet at the time completely demolished her front windshield when my head hit it dead on. Her insurance adjuster came by my office several weeks later with a blank check ready to fill in the amount I would agree to with the release in the other hand. He filled out the check to my pleasure and I signed his release. That day I went from off-the-charts pissed to a peaceful happy camper. Her insurance company DID NOT want to go to any court in Texas as the defendant. We would have put her UNDER the nursing home. Wishing you mucho success with the opposition.....BTW, did the Helibars survive??? (I must be related to LA WELD)

taxfree4
03-24-2018, 07:45 PM
Glad you are ok. Bikes can be replaced for sure. What was the ram ball mount for on th back?

GoPro, thats how I was able to get the TBR footage

taxfree4
03-24-2018, 07:46 PM
What a suck fest...she's most likely totaled. I'd be sick. With your situation at home and all, hopefully get what you have invested and then some. Good luck.

The hardest part is seeing her so pitiful like that, so many good times.

taxfree4
03-24-2018, 08:10 PM
The adjuster is coming Monday we'll see what happens

taxfree4
03-24-2018, 08:12 PM
Glad you are still here to tell the story. that is my biggest fear of riding, getting struck from the rear. AGAIN , glad you are ok

Not sure about other states, but in New York, you will be sued for hitting the car in front of you, Don't ask how I know, But your Lawyer should be will versed in that. but keep in mind its coming. that gets added to you sueing the one who hit you.
Hope all works out, she was a beauty

We all have GEICO so Im not sure if that makes things easier or more difficult but it should definitely make it interesting

f6bcarider
03-24-2018, 08:38 PM
Sorry about the bad news just logged in. I am glad you are ok.

LA Weld
03-25-2018, 08:19 PM
We all have GEICO so Im not sure if that makes things easier or more difficult but it should definitely make it interesting

GEICO is known to be a hard player in my area, they also do not like open and shut, you have hard evidence of liability. They give you sh8t tell them to pound sand and see ya in court.
I would have to check with legal as to making it known about the video evidence. It is a normal procedure to show the Police evidence of this nature for report writing and is also helpful in them writing citations. Different States different rules, check with your council before agreeing to anything,,,
Best of luck tomorrow and YES THE VULTURES ARE CIRCLING!!!!

taxfree4
03-26-2018, 05:59 AM
GEICO is known to be a hard player in my area, they also do not like open and shut, you have hard evidence of liability. They give you sh8t tell them to pound sand and see ya in court.
I would have to check with legal as to making it known about the video evidence. It is a normal procedure to show the Police evidence of this nature for report writing and is also helpful in them writing citations. Different States different rules, check with your council before agreeing to anything,,,
Best of luck tomorrow and YES THE VULTURES ARE CIRCLING!!!!

GEICO was VERY interested in the video when I mentioned it, after her long scripted speech, the agent said in a completely different tone of voice, "Oh, can you send us a copy." I told her "Sure, let me just check with my lawyer to see if that's OK to do." I knew it was OK I just wanted them to linger a little. I waited 48 hours and after a couple of very nice messages left on my answering machine pleasantly reminding me if I had the time to send the video, I sent it to her. She called me back saying from what she could see I have zero liability. Let's play ball

willtill
03-26-2018, 07:10 AM
GEICO was VERY interested in the video when I mentioned it, after her long scripted speech, the agent said in a completely different tone of voice, "Oh, can you send us a copy." I told her "Sure, let me just check with my lawyer to see if that's OK to do." I knew it was OK I just wanted them to linger a little. I waited 48 hours and after a couple of very nice messages left on my answering machine pleasantly reminding me if I had the time to send the video, I sent it to her. She called me back saying from what she could see I have zero liability. Let's play ball

If you are experiencing post traumatic accident symptoms (physical and mental) that needs to be addressed and you should be made whole again as a result of that. Speak with your lawyer about achieving maximum compensation and restitution.

A high impact vehicular encounter such as what you had experienced will most likely have far lingering and negative effects on your future quality of life.

3Chief
03-26-2018, 08:46 AM
If you are experiencing post traumatic accident symptoms (physical and mental) that needs to be addressed and you should be made whole again as a result of that. Speak with your lawyer about achieving maximum compensation and restitution.

A high impact vehicular encounter such as what you had experienced will most likely have far lingering and negative effects on your future quality of life.

Especially with the loss of enjoyment due to the trauma this has inflicted on your spouse and her inability to fathom letting you ride again.

Elroy
03-26-2018, 08:52 AM
Just saw this thread for the first time and read every response. Sorry to hear this Mike. I echo what the majority has already said. I hope everything is more than satisfactory when all is said and done.

Heatnbeat
03-26-2018, 11:10 AM
Can't you sue for lack of consortium?
Cause of you get s new bike you ain't gonna be getting any consorting😁

olegoat345
03-26-2018, 11:59 AM
You're damn sure having emotional stress over this. Plus the nightmares, headaches, scared every time a car gets behind you, causing personal problems at home & work and the list goes on & on. Maybe it's time to call one of those TV lawyers that do lots of MC cases...........................

Walcrow
03-26-2018, 02:42 PM
pu·ni·tive damages
nounLaw
plural noun: punitive damages; plural noun: punitory damages

damages exceeding simple compensation and awarded to punish the defendant.

PUNISH would be the key word from this definition of punitive..........just my 2 cents worth.

taxfree4
03-26-2018, 04:11 PM

That's for sure will, even in my car today I was experiencing extreme anxiety when I came to a stop constantly looking in the rear view and not taking my eyes off till the car behind me came to a full stop.

VStarRider
03-27-2018, 07:26 PM
That's for sure will, even in my car today I was experiencing extreme anxiety when I came to a stop constantly looking in the rear view and not taking my eyes off till the car behind me came to a full stop.

A guy pulled out in front of me a year ago (in my car) on the way to work. I was blinded by the sun and some stubborn frost on the windshield. A little knoll in the road sealed the deal. I rammed into him as he gradually accelerated. I was going 45, he was going 15.

Anyway, I still feel that anytime my eyes are not directly on the road, that I am going to look back and there will be a car, truck, person, animal there. Unfortunately, these events take a while to clear our minds.

Av8er
03-30-2018, 09:16 AM
Any updates on how the insurance company is going to treat you?

StonedInNy
06-04-2018, 01:45 PM
Glad your ok taxfree. Reading this thread and living on this island makes me want to get video camera for the bike/truck. Cell phone drivers is getting worse and worse.

taxfree4
06-04-2018, 03:42 PM
Any updates on how the insurance company is going to treat you?

Gave me $1000 over what I thought I was going to get and let me take all the goodies off i.e. Helibars, RDL, Baggershield, INNOVV camera system etc.

taxfree4
06-04-2018, 03:43 PM
Glad your ok taxfree. Reading this thread and living on this island makes me want to get video camera for the bike/truck. Cell phone drivers is getting worse and worse.

I would never get another bike without one. My lawyer said "This is golden" regarding the video

firetech
06-04-2018, 08:59 PM
Tax, Haven't been on in some time.
CRAZY, CRAZY video, but glad your okay. Hope you get to build your dream bike again after the dust settles.
I see a INNOVV system in the near future.

Bryster
06-04-2018, 09:08 PM
Geez Tax! Glad to see you're ok at least. Get up and at 'em again!
Good luck with everything.

BuzzzPhotos
06-04-2018, 10:50 PM
Tax, you've helped a lot of us by sharing your story. Thank you!

tenxxx
06-04-2018, 11:29 PM
I have noticed at intersections, nobody pulls out when they see another car coming with their turn signal on any more.
They wisely wait till their sure the on coming car is doing what the turn signal said they would.
When I'm in a car or especially on my bike, I make full stops, and take my time. I like watching people trying to decide who is going next.
My 1 accident on my bike was my fault. And it hurt, BAD! Ya don't get up and walk away like the movies. Ya get an ambulance ride!
Dont quit riding till your good and ready.