PDA

View Full Version : Big Mistake on My part

JBM Golf
03-23-2018, 09:55 AM
A couple of years ago I bought a 2014 F6B Deluxe. It was my first touring bike and I really enjoyed it. I went to the Daytona Bike week last year I for some reason I convinced myself I needed a Harley Road Glide Ultra with cruise control. I found a 2016 Road Glide Ultra at a good price with low miles. I traded my F6B and after a couple of month of riding and doing some custom work I came to the conclusion I really didn’t like this bike. This bike gets so hot here on Florida it almost unrideable. It’s also very heavy, not much power and handled like crap. I ended up selling the bike. Now I am looking for a 15 or 16 F6B so I can get back to riding a bike I enjoyed.

2wheelsforme
03-23-2018, 10:45 AM
There is a low mileage 15 in Mobile AL for sale by a Member here.

skinnyguy
03-23-2018, 01:13 PM
I came from a 2004 Road King that I bought new, to the 2015 F6B and I have to say, all the Goldwing guys have been right all these years, there is no comparison. I'll never go back!

gadgeteer
03-23-2018, 03:45 PM
Try to find the Deluxe model. Extras include: cruise control, center stand, passenger backrest, auto turn-off turn signals, and more.

Joflewbyu2
03-23-2018, 08:43 PM
Look here:

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/mcy/d/2014-honda-goldwing-f6b/6538850620.html

Av8er
03-24-2018, 04:14 PM
Or here!!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?11851-2015-F6B-Deluxe-5-250-miles

It’s only a short ride away and it’s in great shape. ;)

thumper 549
03-25-2018, 02:19 AM
The RK would be fine if you re-map the system as they run TOoooo lean.
The HD will as always need to be personalized and reworked to your perfection for it to be a platform of comfort.
I am not up to speed on the computer versions---but I know there is a cure..if that is your only complaint.
Personally, I think we all need several bikes in the stable.
I like the F6, but it sucks for rider position comfort.
The HD is good for some stuff, the F6 for others.

olegoat345
03-25-2018, 03:36 PM
I had bad experience after buying then riding a 2016 Indian Chief. Test rode a "B", sold the Chief. After dozens of bikes over several decades, this is the best bike I've ever owned.

jmdaniel
03-29-2018, 06:56 AM
A couple of years ago I bought a 2104 F6B Deluxe. It was my first touring bike and I really enjoyed it. I went to the Daytona Bike week last year I for some reason I convinced myself I needed a Harley Road Glide Ultra with cruise control. I found a 2016 Road Glide Ultra at a good price with low miles. I traded my F6B and after a couple of month of riding and doing some custom work I came to the conclusion I really didn’t like this bike. This bike gets so hot here on Florida it almost unrideable. It’s also very heavy, not much power and handled like crap. I ended up selling the bike. Now I am looking for a 15 or 16 F6B so I can get back to riding a bike I enjoyed.

You may want to edit your post; I think the 2104 F6B Deluxes are going to be electric. Or nuclear fusion powered. Or something...

Question. You sound like the guy I bought a Mustang seat from last year. Did your favorite football team just sign a new QB for next year?

Ewreck
03-29-2018, 09:53 AM
I've been a Harley guy my whole adult life. The B has been the easiest and least expensive bike to get comfy on plus it pretty much blows away anything HD has to offer performance wise. I'm actually surprised on all the posts of having trouble getting comfort dialed in on it. I'm 6'2 230 and bar risers, windshield, pegs, and customizing the stock seat has me in the sweet spot. My son is stoked that he now has a fully custom 06 Street Glide.

thumper 549
03-29-2018, 11:15 AM
I've been a Harley guy my whole adult life. The B has been the easiest and least expensive bike to get comfy on plus it pretty much blows away anything HD has to offer performance wise. I'm actually surprised on all the posts of having trouble getting comfort dialed in on it. I'm 6'2 230 and bar risers, windshield, pegs, and customizing the stock seat has me in the sweet spot. My son is stoked that he now has a fully custom 06 Street Glide.

Asside from wht you think is fast, please tell me what you are doing to get the crank out of your neck, and the cramps out of your legs from sitting there like a horse jocky?
thanx

Ewreck
03-29-2018, 12:04 PM
Asside from wht you think is fast, please tell me what you are doing to get the crank out of your neck, and the cramps out of your legs from sitting there like a horse jocky?
thanx

Where did I mention speed in my post? I mentioned 4 things to alleviate those problems for me on the Honda.

thumper 549
03-29-2018, 12:29 PM
Where did I mention speed in my post? I mentioned 4 things to alleviate those problems for me on the Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
I've been a Harley guy my whole adult life. The B has been the easiest and least expensive bike to get comfy on plus it pretty much blows away anything HD has to offer performance wise. I'm actually surprised on
all ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the posts of having trouble getting comfort dialed in on it. I'm 6'2 230 and bar risers, windshield, pegs, and customizing the stock seat has me in the sweet spot. My son is stoked that he now has a fully custom 06 Street Glide.

Ewreck
03-29-2018, 02:41 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
I've been a Harley guy my whole adult life. The B has been the easiest and least expensive bike to get comfy on plus it pretty much blows away anything HD has to offer performance wise. I'm actually surprised on
all ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the posts of having trouble getting comfort dialed in on it. I'm 6'2 230 and bar risers, windshield, pegs, and customizing the stock seat has me in the sweet spot. My son is stoked that he now has a fully custom 06 Street Glide.

Pissing match, ok. Performance=handling, braking, suspension, weight, ease of maintaining. Did I mention how much FASTER it is? It's way faster and I don't even have a red one.

thumper 549
03-29-2018, 05:59 PM
Perhaps you could point me where you outlined what you did to make it more comfortable?

Ewreck
03-30-2018, 07:54 AM
Perhaps you could point me where you outlined what you did to make it more comfortable?

Outlines from my first post. BAR RISERS: raised bars to get my hands/shoulders up for COMFORT. WINDSHIELD: Clearview large/wide for the F6B to remove most wind off me while going faster than a Harley for COMFORT. PEGS: Areo Pegs and Kury drop down pegs to allow my legs to move down and forward for COMFORT. SEAT: stock seat re shaped by Bitchen Stitchen in Denver CO to get me farther back on bike, conform to my ass, and gel inserted to provide me COMFORT.

mikoderm
03-30-2018, 04:40 PM
Ewrek, I'm new here, and your measurements are not too far off mine, 6'5" and a satisfactory 270ish lbs. I just bought, or rather am in the process of buying, a 2016 F6 up here in Canada. I'm curious about the drop down pegs you have; I've looked at the Kury Miniboards with comfort drop mounts, is that what you have? or is it something else? I have seen another setup that moves your feet 3" forward and 1" down and comes with all the modifications need, but I cannot seem to find them again and can't remember the brand name for the life of me. The owner before me put on the Aero pegs, which look to be pretty adjustable, and he added bar risers, but I'm not sure what kind. Also a taller windshield, so I think the machine is pretty much there.

Thanks for any info or tips you can provide.
Mik

Ewreck
03-30-2018, 04:49 PM
Ewrek, I'm new here, and your measurements are not too far off mine, 6'5" and a satisfactory 270ish lbs. I just bought, or rather am in the process of buying, a 2016 F6 up here in Canada. I'm curious about the drop down pegs you have; I've looked at the Kury Miniboards with comfort drop mounts, is that what you have? or is it something else? I have seen another setup that moves your feet 3" forward and 1" down and comes with all the modifications need, but I cannot seem to find them again and can't remember the brand name for the life of me. The owner before me put on the Aero pegs, which look to be pretty adjustable, and he added bar risers, but I'm not sure what kind. Also a taller windshield, so I think the machine is pretty much there.

Thanks for any info or tips you can provide.
Mik

The Kury boards are what I have and they do adjust forward or back a few inches. I angled mine slightly downward so my boots get under the shifter easier. The best thing I did was have the seat configured to fit me. It put me back 3" and got my knee angle perfect. A taller shield is a must and the Clearview shields look good. I will load a few pics if it's not rocket science any longer.

mikoderm
03-30-2018, 04:52 PM
Excellent, Thanks very much. if I can ask, what size boot are you fitting under the shifter? I think there is someone local who is doing seats, I'll have a chat with her!

Ewreck
03-30-2018, 05:49 PM
Excellent, Thanks very much. if I can ask, what size boot are you fitting under the shifter? I think there is someone local who is doing seats, I'll have a chat with her!

Size 12. The plastic mold of the seat kinda gets in the way but the guys who did my seat heated the plastic and curved it out to get maximum set back. They did an amazing job.

thumper 549
03-30-2018, 06:46 PM
I tried to google your Seat place..I dont think I found it.
Link Please?
And how much was it?
Thanx

wantone
03-30-2018, 10:09 PM
I’ve had opposite experience than you. But again I’m only 5’5. I tried every which way to make F6 comfortable to me and I finally gave up. Spent close to $6,000 modifying it. I’ve had more than 10bikes in less than 6 yrs. Indian Chieftain, F6b, Vic cross country. Finally I decided to try Street glide special and I was sold. In less than 2 yrs I’ve close to 30,000 miles on it. Off all the bikes I’ve had SG has been more funner :). Don’t know if that’s even a word.

If ever anyone asks me what bike to look at, I always point them to F6b. It’s an amazing bike but not for everyone.

thumper 549
03-30-2018, 10:37 PM
Yup
I am so used to the laid out couch position on the Road Glide I don't know if I can ever get this
Comfortable.
Spring is coming,,I will give it a few more tries.

mikoderm
03-31-2018, 09:18 AM
Size 12. The plastic mold of the seat kinda gets in the way but the guys who did my seat heated the plastic and curved it out to get maximum set back. They did an amazing job.

Good tip! Thanks again for the info, most appreciated

Ewreck
03-31-2018, 09:33 AM
I tried to google your Seat place..I dont think I found it.
Link Please?
And how much was it?
Thanx

www.bsseats.com

thumper 549
03-31-2018, 09:42 AM
Thanx!
What did they charge you?

Ewreck
03-31-2018, 09:50 AM
Thanx!
What did they charge you?

150.00 for 3 hour consult, reshape. They want you to ride it for a few weeks before final finish. Sky's the limit on costs as material, gel, heat, backrest dictates final cost. My total was 550.00. Seat fits me and my wife perfect. I will try to post a pic.

thumper 549
03-31-2018, 11:44 AM
Great and thanx!

Ewreck
03-31-2018, 12:25 PM
Great and thanx!

thumper 549
03-31-2018, 12:37 PM
Thanx..and I called them

cody13
04-09-2018, 12:24 PM
16 new at Rockingham N.C "powersports" ...less than loan value! 13,400.00