PDA

View Full Version : Surgery on R ear

MichaelG
11-08-2013, 03:36 PM
As a follow up to the lightning strike, and multiple ear exams, and hearing tests, I went back to my ENT doc today to have my ears rechecked. It appears that the Left ear is healing up slightly, and he can see some scab growing over the previous perforation, and as I related to him, I "think" I can hear a little better in the left ear.

The Right ear, however, is the opposite story. The perforation has not healed up at all, and no improvement in hear...at all.

After further discussion, we have decided to go forward with a Right ear Tympanoplasty.

Only because Steve0080 was cruel enough to share the video of what he had done to his eyes, will I follow in his footsteps and share a video of what they will be doing to my Right ear. Not for the weak at heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrdGTW6jUCA

This will,be done in about 2 weeks, and once it is done, I am ordered off the bike for the next 3 to 4 weeks. That is okay...just put the bike inside my shop, up on the lift, and make some Wintertime changes to it.

Hopefully, when this operation is done, and fully healed...that also gives the left ear more time to continue healing. and with luck my hearing will be much better.

1951vbs
11-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Miles,

Although you are lucky to be alive I am sorry you have to deal with this. I am sure you have the utmost confidence in your care givers so all I can say is I will be thinking of you.

At least the timing is good because you can ride now and will have determined that your bikes electronics are repaired to your satisfaction and then you can address some changes as you mentioned. Plus if you can hear again that has to be worth a little downtime.

Best wishes, Mike

Scotrod
11-08-2013, 04:29 PM
What 1951 said,,,,,

Good to know that progress with a schedule is near.

This too, will pass, and you'll be rolling again soon.

Best of wishes for a full and complete recovery! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Hornblower
11-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Miles--Just do what you have to do to get ready for our Franklin rally next year. Your presence is required! I'm already looking forward to it! Seriously, I hope all procedures go well for you and that your "balance" is restored as well. I don't want any excuses for why you're not fast enough for me :icon_wink:

Steve 0080
11-08-2013, 06:11 PM
DITO.......good luck and have someone do a Video !!!!!!

Cool Hand Luke
11-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Hi Miles, just want to say that I wish you fast recovery, I would definitely enjoy meeting you next year at Franklin!

Deer Slayer
11-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Good luck ole bean. I wish you a speedy recovery. I found after my Deer encounter, making my F6B mine was excellent therapy. I am now at last near 100% both me and it..
See Ya...