PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered Corbin seat

VStarRider
03-30-2018, 06:41 PM
Spur of the moment decision, though not sure it is since I have been thinking about it for two months.

Just decided to do it. Got the heated version. I put in the notes section to maintain the seat height of the stock. I do not like to sit "in" the bike.

I sat on one at a dealer that had taken my exact bike in on a trade. Asked the dealer to take my stock seat and cash to trade for the Corbin on his trade in, but no interest.

Here is the style I chose:
http://media.corbin.com/config/dualtour/#dualtour_1.pfs?width=1100&p.tn=Black_Natural.png,Black_Natural.png,Black_Nat ural.png,Black_Natural.png,Light_Silver.png,Black. png&p.c=,,,,,&p.on=dualtour_1_No_Studs.png&wildCard=none&thePrice=none&thePart=none

Walcrow
03-30-2018, 09:04 PM
Probably smart on your part to tell them you wanted it stock height. I sat on one last year that was a trade in 2015 40th Annv. from a cop here in Dallas. It had 3,000 miles on it. I was told he was LARGE and around 6'5". His Corbin was LOW compared to stock....BUT, I will say it was really comfortable during the 30 mile test ride. I had Corbin's on Harleys years ago and once broken in after 500 to 1000 miles, I could empty the tank nonstop. Mine was new back then and it was HARD, and I thought I would never enjoy it. After about a month, I looked forward to resting my small, bony ass in that seat. It was on a 2007 Street Glide and it made up for the engine heat, noise and other goodies that the Harley projects. I was close to buying that F6B last year but pulled trigger on a new one a month later, probably due to the stock piece of crap windshield that did nothing for me on the test ride. IF I had not bought my RDL, the Corbin was in 2nd place. Just give it some time to break in and mold to your ham hocks....BE PATIENT and don't cuss it after the first 3 or 4 tank fulls. After about 1,000 miles, it went from stock to an imprint of my butt. Keep us up to date on your butt-report.

VStarRider
03-31-2018, 05:01 PM
Hey there Walcrow,

Here is what contributed to the decision to go with the Corbin:

1. Firm is my friend. I had an Ultimate on my VStar. Loved it at first - I eventually returned it after I kept sinking deeper and deeper into the memory foam. I felt like I was sitting on a rubber playground swing, sideways. It sank me down into bike and it made me so uncomfortable at one point that I almost called my wife to come get me with the trailer. Anyway, I prefer firm for the support.

2. Few seats offer my arse a comfortable experience. Two I have right now are my Subaru Forester, the other is my Ski Doo snowmobile. The Subie seat is wide and the cushion supports my thighs. Both of these attributes disperse the weight of my upper body to a wider area. My snowmobile is a narrow seat, but it is firm and almost feels like it has a spring in it.

Despite the different design of both, they each offer support for my d'eerier. The Corbin offers both features - firmness, thigh support on the outsides of the "bucket" (also more ass support there too), which all spread out of the load, if you will.

The Honda stock seat ain't too bad when it comes to standard seats on bikes, that I have experienced. However, on a 100 mile ride today, I noticed that the stock seat does the opposite of what I need...it is narrower and actually lowers towards the side edges. Paying attention closely today, I felt where all of my weight was concentrated on the stock seat - a small oval area about 2-3" from the center of my, umm, crack. I could feel the soreness and fatigue creeping in after only about 20 minutes today.

I strongly considered an RDL. I did not go for one because I want to keep or sell my stock seat as is. Or, if I trade my bike in or sell it, I will take the Corbin off and sell it while letting the next buyer have my bike with the stock seat. Either way results in a better value than upgrading the stock seat and only having that as an option. Also, I sat on a Corbin at my dealer on my exact bike and I liked it.

Walcrow
03-31-2018, 10:10 PM
You and your, umm, crack, will be happy with the Corbin. I had a minor operation years ago at the base of the spine and after it healed, I had to find a seat that spread out the pressure from that area. The Corbin did just that and now the RDL does the same. The stock seat FOR ME was horrible and I could not go 30 to 40 miles without getting off. I knew it had to go and UPS took that sucker to California for a redo.