PDA

View Full Version : Kuryakan cubby

Youngw1500
04-10-2018, 07:27 PM
Bought the cubby , didn't like the gloss black so I got some flat vinyl and wrapped it. What do you guys think of it ?
5083p

six2go
04-10-2018, 09:08 PM
Looks pretty darn god to me. Good job fellow Hoosier.

Cali261
04-10-2018, 11:53 PM
Looks pretty darn god to me. Good job fellow Hoosier.
I wouldn’t go as far as calling you a god, but you did a good job. ����

SimonTemplar
04-11-2018, 01:21 AM
Looks a LOT better than the gloss. The gloss just screams 'cheap-piece-o-crap'.

But, personally.....I'd rather have the glove box. I actually use it quite a bit.

....sT

willtill
04-11-2018, 06:06 AM
Very nice. As stated, look much better than the gloss black.

I'd like to get one of those as well, but use my OEM cubby too.

I do have a question for others though; do you worry about sticking electronics (such as an I-Phone or a GPS) in the cubby for temporary storage? I find that things get really warm in there from the engine heat after you have come off the bike from a long run...

Youngw1500
04-11-2018, 08:09 AM
Bought the cubby , didn't like the gloss black so I got some flat vinyl and wrapped it. What do you guys think of it ?
5083p
Yes I will probably use the stock cubby most of the time, it’s a 30 second swap. When on a long ride will be nice to have water bottle handy. Was going to just scotch Brite the black to get the shine off (just didn’t look right shiny black) with all of the other surfaces matte black. Had some matte black vinyl left over from another and thought I’d give it a try. In my opinion that’s the finish that should come on these.

Youngw1500
04-11-2018, 08:10 AM
Thanks

Joflewbyu2
04-11-2018, 08:15 AM

I do have a question for others though; do you worry about sticking electronics (such as an I-Phone or a GPS) in the cubby for temporary storage? I find that things get really warm in there from the engine heat after you have come off the bike from a long run...

I have the chrome cubby. It still opens and you have storage on each side of the cup holder. I pulled the cover off the left for 2 deep thin storage bins and kept the lockable space on the right. I use the cup holder often. I place my cell phone in 1 of the deep pockets on the left of the cup holder. Easy to access and secure from falling out when riding. Don’t want a holder off the handle bars.

gadgeteer
04-11-2018, 08:27 AM
I have the chrome cubby. It still opens and you have storage on each side of the cup holder. I pulled the cover off the left for 2 deep thin storage bins and kept the lockable space on the right. I use the cup holder often. I place my cell phone in 1 of the deep pockets on the left of the cup holder. Easy to access and secure from falling out when riding. Don’t want a holder off the handle bars.

Hmm? Trying to understand what you did.

Picture?

dustytrader
04-11-2018, 08:47 AM

I bought the chrome one and really like it, glad I didn't get the black one now as I was debating. I didn't realize it was glossy. I just bought a round magnet on ebay that has a sticky side to affix to whatever for my cell phone. It comes with a little flat metal plate to stick onto your phone or case. I put the magnet just below my cubby and now have my cell phone handy. I also bought the same kind of setup for my GPS but with a windshield mount. Love these new magnetic holders

six2go
04-11-2018, 09:07 AM
I wouldn’t go as far as calling you a god, but you did a good job. ����

LOL! I typed that on the way to bed. Guess the 'ol fingers weren't cooperating. Nice catch.

Fingerz
04-11-2018, 09:27 PM
Looks good. Gives me an idea to do something similar. How did it fit on your bike? I keep reading reviews about it being loose on the bike and a cheap feel to it. Just curious.

Youngw1500
04-13-2018, 09:56 PM
Looks good. Gives me an idea to do something similar. How did it fit on your bike? I keep reading reviews about it being loose on the bike and a cheap feel to it. Just curious.
The top piece is a little loose yes.

Fingerz
04-13-2018, 10:10 PM
The top piece is a little loose yes.

Ok thank you.

opas ride
04-14-2018, 09:53 AM
I bought the chrome one and it works and looks great on my bike...."Too each his own" as they say!!

VStarRider
04-14-2018, 10:17 AM

Will, I use the cubby for my wallet, keys, and occasionally phone. I do find it gets warm, but, based on what I've observed, it is nothing to worry about.

Your iPhone will let you know if it is too hot...it will give you a warning on the screen that it is overheating, and will shut itself off eventually.

willtill
04-14-2018, 02:43 PM
Will, I use the cubby for my wallet, keys, and occasionally phone. I do find it gets warm, but, based on what I've observed, it is nothing to worry about.

Your iPhone will let you know if it is too hot...it will give you a warning on the screen that it is overheating, and will shut itself off eventually.

Thanks for the info.

Frye
04-15-2018, 10:28 PM
That looks great!

Hoff
04-19-2018, 08:15 PM
I have the black one also and didn't like how loose it sits in there. So after much finagling about trying to find the right size weather strip or something to firm up the top, I ended up taking some foam and putting it under the whole cubby. It raised it up about 1/2" and now it's solid. Granted, there's a gap around it if you look, but no one has said anything yet.

I bought it just for the cup holder. Nice to have a bottle of water secure enough to open and not swinging around on the bars.