PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Deluxe with 3500 miles for $11000? Or a 2015 for $13500

JBM Golf
04-11-2018, 10:56 AM
I have been looking at 2 bikes. A 2014 Black Deluxe with 2900 miles for $11000... The black is my favorite color combination. The other bike is a 2015 Mat Grey Deluxe with 10,000 miles for $13500. I know the only difference between the two bikes is cruise control. I just don’t know if the $2500 difference is worth it to have cruise control.

Your input is appreciated.

2wheelsforme
04-11-2018, 11:04 AM
More than just cruise control. Black pipes, back rest, center stand. And those super valuable 50th anniversary logos in a couple places. I sure you will enjoy either bike you get and both sound like good prices.

opas ride
04-11-2018, 11:11 AM
More than just cruise control. Black pipes, back rest, center stand. And those super valuable 50th anniversary logos in a couple places. I sure you will enjoy either bike you get and both sound like good prices.

As both bikes are apparently the Deluxe model, I would opt for the Black 2014 in a "heartbeat"...Unless your really "hung-up" on cruise control, I don't have it and don't miss it at all....If your planning on keeping the bike for a while, save some money and go for the less expensive one.....JMHO

JBM Golf
04-11-2018, 11:11 AM
I had cruise control on my Road Glide Ultra, but I didn’t use is very much. I just don’t take any long trips.

2wheelsforme
04-11-2018, 11:22 AM
Sorry I missed that the black was Deluxe also.

FF-Ed
04-11-2018, 12:03 PM
I added a Kaoko cruise to mine for $125
Save the extra cash for hotel rooms and booze. Jesus man, get out and ride asap

BIGLRY
04-11-2018, 12:19 PM
I personally would go with the 2014 Black Deluxe with 3500 miles for $11000 and use the saved money for custom mods to get that personal look we all want in our machines.:D

Verismo
04-11-2018, 03:05 PM
That is a lot of money and this decision would hang me up a bit, too. You might also consider whether or not the newer year will hold it's value better, or be easier to sell because of the feature set. That played into my decision. I have a cruise control model and I absolutely love the feature. It's the first bike I've had with it and I use it all the time. It's far superior to any throttle lock, imo. Engages really quickly, holds speed perfectly. On the bright side, whichever choice you make you come out with something really nice. Good luck.

Jason

tenxxx
04-11-2018, 04:00 PM
I like to put the miles on them myself so the lower miles would do it for me. I just bought a black 2013 f6b with 8500 miles for $10,000, over a red 2015 with 11,000 miles for $13,000. Same machine, different color. Mine has a throttle lock you twist on the end where the bar weights are. The p/o put a few goodies on it so all I did was the handle bar risers and hitch. Can sit on the seat all day. Never been able to that on any other bike. Been riding in this northern ohio weather for the last few weeks and can handle the cold perty good on the wing. The difference between a 2014 and 2015 is not that much when your talking about GW"s with miles that low. MONEY is the ticket. Thake that $2500 and make it the way you want it.

PS,,,,,, Don't wait too long. Their selling like hot cakes right now.

deb99
04-11-2018, 06:08 PM
I have been looking at 2 bikes. A 2014 Black Deluxe with 2900 miles for $11000... The black is my favorite color combination. The other bike is a 2015 Mat Grey Deluxe with 10,000 miles for $13500. I know the only difference between the two bikes is cruise control. I just don’t know if the $2500 difference is worth it to have cruise control.

A resounding YES, it's worth it... but what the hell do I know? I am just a 300lb gorrilla in the room

olegoat345
04-11-2018, 06:42 PM
I have a black 13, gets lots of looks every where we go. I have one of those el cheapo throttle locks, works great me.
About the only place you can use cruise is on the open road w/ little traffic.

Fingerz
04-11-2018, 08:24 PM
I would go for the 2014 with the low miles. For the record, I use my cruise control on my B but if I didn’t have it-I wouldn’t miss it.

scottydi
04-12-2018, 05:36 AM
I would go with the bike you like better, if it is the 14, and you want cruise, you can add it on, there are some really good threads on the forum to help you through that process, myself and a friend did mine a couple of weekends ago, cost less than $400, and took us about 6 hours.

jmdaniel
04-12-2018, 06:56 AM
You like black, it's less money, with lower miles, buy the black. I personally would never own a black vehicle of any type again, but that's me.

And for God's sake, don't get that Harley urge again...

dudeonit
04-12-2018, 05:51 PM
If you don't opt for the cruise control,I installed this on my 13 and it works great.
Safe too.
https://brakeawayproducts.com/product/7cp05/

VStarRider
04-12-2018, 08:36 PM
One more thing for the OP to consider:

The '13 and '14 have a different exhaust note than the '15. IIRC, there have been some concerns expressed over a slightly louder exhaust on the newer (15+) models.

Forum members: Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have the chrome pipes on my '13 - and I am not one of those guys who keeps a spotless bike - and those pipes are nothing to keep clean. Little soap and water when cleaning the rest of the bike with Honda spray polish ... or, just don't clean them!!

I made the same decision about cruise control back when I bought mine ... had the choice between a '13 and a '15 with cruise ... thought about a majority of my riding, which is 100-200 miles per day on two-laners ... and figured I could live with out and put the $3000 I save over the '15 into all the accessories listed with my signature with money left over to buy Big Larry a coffee when I make trip up the CA coast in summer 2020...

STRaider
04-13-2018, 07:49 AM
One more thing for the OP to consider:

The '13 and '14 have a different exhaust note than the '15. IIRC, there have been some concerns expressed over a slightly louder exhaust on the newer (15+) models.

Forum members: Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have the chrome pipes on my '13 - and I am not one of those guys who keeps a spotless bike - and those pipes are nothing to keep clean. Little soap and water when cleaning the rest of the bike with Honda spray polish ... or, just don't clean them!!

I made the same decision about cruise control back when I bought mine ... had the choice between a '13 and a '15 with cruise ... thought about a majority of my riding, which is 100-200 miles per day on two-laners ... and figured I could live with out and put the $3000 I save over the '15 into all the accessories listed with my signature with money left over to buy Big Larry a coffee when I make trip up the CA coast in summer 2020...

I have a $29.00 throttle lock on my 2013, and it suffices fine. Typically when I road trip, I take back roads when possible. Unless you will be riding down an interstate for hours at a time, you won't miss an electronic cruise. Also, If you are not sure which one, the cruise is probably not that important to you. Both bikes are "obsolete" now, so I wouldn't buy one based on resell. Once you have one, you'll want to keep it and ride it anyway. Get your favorite color and use the savings to add some other mods. You won't regret either one.

jm21ddd15
04-13-2018, 10:45 AM
Never had cruise control, until I got my 2015 deluxe. Never thought I would use it very much. Turns out, I use it way more than I thought I would. When I ride with other bikes that have a throttle lock, their bikes lose speed when going up hills, compared to the electronic cruise control, of the 6. So, if you plan to take rides with others, it may be something to consider. I DON'T ride the freeways, and still find the cruise a great option on 2 lane roads.

2wheelsforme
04-13-2018, 01:37 PM
The cruise is great when you need both hands to do something like changing out your glasses from shaded to clear or vise versa. Even putting on sunscreen and of course if you want to travel a constant speed. If you prefer the black then that is the one. Remember it seems like well over half of all F6Bs shat show up for a get together are black, of course matt grey is not rare either, I preferred black at first but glad I got the grey for the cruise, the black pipes and the less common color. Either one should make you happy.

Mudflap
04-14-2018, 12:42 PM

I live an hr east of you and I have a blue 15 deluxe for sale. I have under 9k on mine with some extras. I would take $13500, but no less. It does not have a scratch on it.

3Chief
04-14-2018, 01:29 PM
I have a 15 Matte Grey with cruise. I may not use the cruise often however I enjoy it when I do.

Tabasco
04-15-2018, 09:31 PM
I’ve had a Throttlemeister on the last 10 or so bikes I’ve owned. Was about to buy a used ‘13 model F6B but picked up a new ‘16 Deluxe last year. Man I didn’t realize how much I love my new cruise after 10 4000 mile + trips without one.

Verismo
04-15-2018, 10:46 PM
I’ve had a Throttlemeister on the last 10 or so bikes I’ve owned. Was about to buy a used ‘13 model F6B but picked up a new ‘16 Deluxe last year. Man I didn’t realize how much I love my new cruise after 10 4000 mile + trips without one.

Right, Tabasco?! I bought my bike in Franklin, Tn, and rode it back to San Antonio and I could not believe how much better it made the ride and how much I used it. I had a nice brakeaway throttle lock on my Valkyrie, but the consistency and ease of the F6B cruise is fantastic. Just a personal taste but I won't be going back to without, ever, if I can help it.

Jason

Tabasco
04-18-2018, 12:01 AM
Right, Tabasco?! I bought my bike in Franklin, Tn, and rode it back to San Antonio and I could not believe how much better it made the ride and how much I used it. I had a nice brakeaway throttle lock on my Valkyrie, but the consistency and ease of the F6B cruise is fantastic. Just a personal taste but I won't be going back to without, ever, if I can help it.

JasonThe wife and I drove out to Tucson Az. to watch University of Houston play U of Arizona football game and accidentally visited a motorcycle dealer near our hotel and ended up driving mine home. They had a way better deal than I could find in Houston. Used that cruise all the way back to H-town smiling all the way.

deb99
04-18-2018, 09:20 AM
The wife and I drove out to Tucson Az. to watch University of Houston play U of Arizona football game and accidentally visited a motorcycle dealer near our hotel and ended up driving mine home. They had a way better deal than I could find in Houston. Used that cruise all the way back to H-town smiling all the way.
Love it.... "you accidentally visited a motorcycle dealer".

Tabasco
04-18-2018, 02:38 PM
Love it.... "you accidentally visited a motorcycle dealer".
I was serious but now that you pointed it out, you made me laugh.

dadeo
04-27-2018, 03:33 PM
I once crashed into a motorcycle dealership too. But seriously, folks, Its good to be back in the Catskills.

Oh, I love my cruise control. As I go on longer and longer trips, I love it more every time. Throttle-locks and the like are OK. I've had them. But it is far better when the bike holds its speed as you go up and down hills on the freeway and you know that when you touch any brake, or pull the clutch, that the throttle will release. Always.