PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Tips

Cleaver1
04-25-2018, 02:06 PM
Has anyone tried changing just the exhaust tips, looking at the big bike parts tips. Any difference in exhaust note, or any drone?

bobo
04-26-2018, 07:32 AM
I installed the turn down exhaust tips on my 2013 f6b they made a deeper sound than stock, try taking off the original tips and you will hear the difference. I now have the monster ovals (vance @ hines ) and enjoy the sound. I have the turn down on the shelf if you were close i would let you try them.

Joflewbyu2
04-26-2018, 09:14 PM
Please share a picture if you have picture with the tips installed on the bike. And which turn down tips - Kuryakyn, Show Chrome or Add On ?

I installed the turn down exhaust tips on my 2013 f6b they made a deeper sound than stock, try taking off the original tips and you will hear the difference. I now have the monster ovals (vance @ hines ) and enjoy the sound. I have the turn down on the shelf if you were close i would let you try them.

Cleaver1
04-27-2018, 06:43 AM
Do you have the torque loops, if not do you notice any drone with the monster Ovals ?

bobo
04-27-2018, 08:16 AM
I do not have the torque loops on the bike and there is no drone with the monster ovals, not to loud they add a nice character to the bike nice sound cruising on highway and do not drown out the radio. The turn downs i have are kuryakyn, there are lots of goldwings with them on, i can not post pictures of them. Hope this helps.

willtill
04-27-2018, 09:28 AM
I know that my OEM tips are starting to show surface rust on the very ends. Time to sand them down and hit them with low gloss enamel spray paint.