PDA

View Full Version : Americade

wjduke
04-29-2018, 04:36 PM
Looks like this might be my first one. Been invited by a group of guys I ride with here. Leaving here June 7th. Not sure for how long yet, but at least a couple nights. They ride Harley's and Indians. I might be the only wing. I've ridden Lake George before with Teach, just not during Americade. I can only imagine what it will be like. Hoping nothing screws this up for me. I need to do things before I croak!

willtill
04-29-2018, 04:45 PM
Have fun!

I'm currently putting together a list of rides I want to do, since I now am going into retirement (for the short term). Probably will pick up some sort of little part time job in the fall... but for all practical puposes.. I'm DONE with work :icon_wink:

More time to play with my accrued toys now...

terryboyle
04-29-2018, 04:56 PM
I will be going with a local chapter of GWRRA. Let me know where we can meet up.

jbongo
04-29-2018, 07:00 PM
You will see a ton of wings at Americade. There is also some great riding in this area. Have a great trip!

Az Wingrider
04-29-2018, 10:23 PM
I was at Americade last year and enjoyed it tremendously. The main parking area is a large grass field and it is pretty firm but I recommend a pad to put under your kickstand. As a previous poster mentioned there are some great rides in the area. Have fun!!

ReserveBum
04-30-2018, 07:27 AM
I'll be there for the week. Lets stay in touch and we can meet up somewhere.

ReserveBum
05-29-2018, 07:40 AM
I'll be there for the week. Lets stay in touch and we can meet up somewhere.

I'll be up in Bolton starting this Friday...If anyone wants to get together, give me a text.....518 441-4764

wjduke
05-30-2018, 04:30 AM
Won't be there until next Thursday with the group I'm going with. I'll see if there's a chance of a meetup. I'll be one of 14. Not sure of their plans yet.

Radical Taz
05-30-2018, 05:19 AM
Looks like this might be my first one. Been invited by a group of guys I ride with here. Leaving here June 7th. Not sure for how long yet, but at least a couple nights. They ride Harley's and Indians. I might be the only wing. I've ridden Lake George before with Teach, just not during Americade. I can only imagine what it will be like. Hoping nothing screws this up for me. I need to do things before I croak!

I feel the same way. Two years ago made the decision and go to at least one NEW rally a year.
Did Laconia 2016, Americade last year, and Daytona this year. Sturgis is next year!
Americade was a good time and some great rides. Weather can be tricky, 80 one day 40 the next.
Enjoy yourself.
Rod

wjduke
05-30-2018, 07:27 PM

I feel the same way. Two years ago made the decision and go to at least one NEW rally a year.
Did Laconia 2016, Americade last year, and Daytona this year. Sturgis is next year!
Americade was a good time and some great rides. Weather can be tricky, 80 one day 40 the next.
Enjoy yourself.
Rod
Thanks.....this year will be light, but next year looks better. I've been to Laconia, live close enough. Probably did my last one. Trips like Daytona, Myrtle Beach and the one west FL intrigue me. Sturgis, not at all. I have plenty of time, decent health and will be out there for sure. Got the bike for it, that's for sure. Maybe catch up some day.

terryboyle
06-06-2018, 09:31 PM
Checking out an F6B in a motel parking lot and met Cool Hand up from South Carolina.