PDA

View Full Version : Touring help in Virginia...

carreramia
05-05-2018, 07:55 AM
Hello everyone, last year several of you helped me out on our annual Blue Ridge trip. The tips on Grand Father Mt., and rides nearby were on the money. Now, we are going back next month and would like some help to streamline the trip. We want to do the Claw of the Dragon area, there are multiple rides shown on their website but there's nothing like first hand feedback. Hopefully some here can help. We are trailering the bikes so we would prefer a central place for a couple of nights in the Claw area. Anyone have the ideal spot? :) We don't want to stray too far from the Blue Ridge since after the Claw we were thinking of the Little Switzerland area, concluding a day or so later down in the Tail of the Dragon before returning home. Thanks for any info!

2wheelsforme
05-05-2018, 04:58 PM

carreramia
05-06-2018, 07:13 AM
yes, thanks, I had been working with that, and it does offer many options but not having a lot of time to spend there there has to be some routes that are better than others and I'm looking for that first hand knowledge.

Allen Framen
05-09-2018, 08:20 PM
Before you leave, check for road closures on the BRP. I know that a couple of weeks ago, I wasn't able to get on the BRP near Blowing Rock, NC, and I noticed some heavy equipment parked on the famous viaduct.

allen