PDA

View Full Version : Music sound at speed

2wheelsforme
05-05-2018, 06:51 PM
Today going down the super slab at about 75MPH listing to music and thought dang that sounds pretty good for the speakers at that speed. My setup is after market speakers and a Matad shield that I look over. Over 80 and you can still listen but the wind noise starts to take away from the sound quality. That meets my needs just fine.

Joflewbyu2
05-05-2018, 07:54 PM
I have the excellent Genuine Honda Accessory Tall Windscreen with Vent and stock stereo set with Auto Vol Spkr on mid, bass flat, treble half way up, fader full front, CS auto LO and it jams loud as 5hit at volume 16 and can be clearly heard at highway speed.

tenxxx
05-05-2018, 08:44 PM
My 2013 f6b stock audio makes noise at 60 mph. Cant really make out anything. AM has a snapping noise.
For a bike that expensive, its not expectable to me. But its the only gripe I have with it.
One of the reasons for finally getting a wing. Music while I ride.
Guess I'll try some JBL speakers, I hear their a good fix.

2wheelsforme
05-05-2018, 09:26 PM
Several brands are popular as GW speaker replacements and I bet all/any are better than stock.

Verismo
05-06-2018, 02:04 AM
I've mentioned this before, but ear plugs make a big difference. They block out ambient noise like the wind so you can actually turn the radio down but hear more clearly. Nicer audio components are always a plus, but if you haven't already tried them, you might be surprised by the improved clarity with a good set of plugs snugly equipped.

Jason

VStarRider
05-06-2018, 11:54 AM
My 2013 f6b stock audio makes noise at 60 mph. Cant really make out anything. AM has a snapping noise.
For a bike that expensive, its not expectable to me. But its the only gripe I have with it.

Hmm. I wonder if you have some interference going on.

2wheelsforme
05-06-2018, 01:02 PM

Have you tried music from the left saddle bag? I use a stick from there with some of my favs. Also from my I-phone with good results.

Audiochris90
05-06-2018, 04:35 PM
Today going down the super slab at about 75MPH listing to music and thought dang that sounds pretty good for the speakers at that speed. My setup is after market speakers and a Matad shield that I look over. Over 80 and you can still listen but the wind noise starts to take away from the sound quality. That meets my needs just fine.

What kinda speakers do you use?

tenxxx
05-06-2018, 04:52 PM
Definitely a Popping noise on the AM side. At 50 to 60 all you can here is high pitched noise on FM. Cant make anything out. The wind cancels out the. base. Ive read many other posts saying the same thing. Gonna try better speakers but they say you need a better amp to power them too.
Gonna get a taller wind shield also. I don't mind looking through it.

2wheelsforme
05-06-2018, 06:15 PM
What kinda speakers do you use?

Infinity Kappas The stock tweeters are eliminated. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GHQX5O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Viva La difference;

Verismo
05-06-2018, 09:25 PM
"At 50 to 60 all you can here is high pitched noise on FM. Cant make anything out. The wind cancels out the. base."

I have an 11 inch Mad5tad and with ear plugs in I can hear the Fm radio perfectly clearly at 75+, on volume level 17.

Jason

lgjhn
05-06-2018, 09:59 PM
+1 with Verismo.
I also have an 11" Mad5tad, ride with earplugs and can clearly hear FM radio at 70+ at level 17 or so.
Matter of fact, I just did that this evening on a short 85 mile ride before dark.

stoll413
05-16-2018, 04:55 AM
Will the Kappas fit? I know that you have to modify the roundness of the speaker to fit, but they have very large Magnets and run very deep.

2wheelsforme
05-16-2018, 05:06 AM
Yes they fit. No mods needed. Not the roundness or the magnet room.

3Chief
05-16-2018, 10:47 AM
Do you need any additional wiring for the Kappas or are they plug-n-play?

2wheelsforme
05-16-2018, 11:50 AM
You tape up (abandon/delete) the wires to the tweeters (I removed them also). Cut the factory plugs off the wires and the Kappas use the bare wire to hook up. Not plug and play but easy.

3Chief
05-16-2018, 12:48 PM
Thank you

Hoff
05-20-2018, 09:48 AM
I've mentioned this before, but ear plugs make a big difference. They block out ambient noise like the wind so you can actually turn the radio down but hear more clearly. Nicer audio components are always a plus, but if you haven't already tried them, you might be surprised by the improved clarity with a good set of plugs snugly equipped.

Jason

I use ear buds also. I have a Scala unit which is blue tooth to my phone and hard wired to the wing. radio stays down around 10, I can make (receive) phone calls and hear people clearly without the radio getting in the way. And the ear buds keep the wind noise from making my ears ring during/after a ride.

tenxxx
05-20-2018, 10:56 AM
Is there a file system that work better on the usb stick? How should I set it up?
My 2013 F6B says the stick is bad. Works good every else.

F6Bster
05-20-2018, 11:02 AM
I have each album in a folder. MP3 files. NO pictures or other info as the player does not deal well with non-music files. Once I cleaned it all up it works great with my 32G stick full of music.

tomcat7
05-22-2018, 09:10 PM
On the infinity Kappas, are you just running off the built in Honda F6B AMP? Is this noticeably louder at the same volume settings than the stock speakers? Really interested! Thanks.