PDA

View Full Version : Canadian F6B's are F6BD w/ABS

unsub
11-11-2013, 09:29 AM
I am to understand that all Canadian models of the F6B are in fact registered/sold as the F6BD, yet they do not have the deluxe features found on the US models - BUT they do have ABS. Can anyone shed some light on Honda's strategy here? Not why they have ABS but why they would be the F6BD and not the Standard.

Secondly I ask if the Canadian F6BD's electronics would be configured any differently, as in being pre-configured [if there is such a thing] for the deluxe features like heated grips..etc?

I'm thinking Canadian owners might be able to upgrade to deluxe features easier [than a Standard] because of this. Or did Honda sell Canadians short on the Deluxe?

F6BPDX
11-11-2013, 01:01 PM
I believe registration wise the F6BD is regular and F6BDD is deluxe. That is what I recall from when I bought mine anyhow.

Mcisaacma
02-09-2014, 10:54 PM
Why no Canadian Deluxe available in black?

bobbyf6b
02-09-2014, 11:10 PM
I'm guessing Canadian law requires ABS on new bikes.

opas ride
02-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Wonder what the price difference is in Canada with ABS brakes...I'll bet it is a lot more money than the ones sold here....

Miwhite
02-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Canadian bikes are the standard version with abs. Honda was discounting new 2013 models by $2000. The non-discounted price was $23000 plus pdi, around $800, and whatever else the dealer-stealer can add on. I got mine in Jan for $20000 all in plus tax. I like the idea that my dealer did not try to charge me pdi, doc fees, admin fees, etc. Too bad there aren't more dealers like him. Right now $1 Canadian is worth around $.90 US.

There is no current Canadian requirement that new bikes have abs, although that requirement will soon exist in Europe.

By the way, European and Australian F6B's have abs.