PDA

View Full Version : Kings County 151st Memorial Day Parade

taxfree4
05-29-2018, 01:34 AM
Perfect day, a little overcast, for the parade and thanks to President Trump they said they've never seen bigger crowds lined along the streets. I have that 80's Reagan feeling again, as long as Trump Jr. doesn't become a ballet dancer. Started in 1867 I give you America's oldest Decoration/Memorial Day Parade.

https://youtu.be/g_ESKj76xzc

Walcrow
05-29-2018, 10:02 AM
Thanks for posting, Mike.

taxfree4
05-29-2018, 04:22 PM
Thanks for posting, Mike.

The least this civilian can do to honor those who gave the supreme sacrifice for people who they will never know/meet, even though I never had the honor to serve I can say I have never missed this parade in 35 years. My dad was a disabled WWII vet, schrapnel from a grenade tore his back apart and frostbite from being in Germany made his toenails grow pure white forever. My mom was a Korean War vet, in the WAVES, and not only started the Womens Veterans of America but wrote the charter for them and was their first national commander http://wvanational.tripod.com/WVANational how could I not go? The most treacherous place to be as a kid was in my house during the Army/Navy football game...lethal.

Walcrow
05-29-2018, 05:04 PM
:yes: to your mom and dad for their service. They understood...........so many today don't have a clue.

shortleg0521
05-29-2018, 10:22 PM
Thanks for showing you remember the 80s with our man Ron as Prez.
But the picture of the dance thing in my head just and still drives me crazy.

taxfree4
05-30-2018, 12:53 PM
Thanks for showing you remember the 80s with our man Ron as Prez.
But the picture of the dance thing in my head just and still drives me crazy.

The Reagan Revolution was a beautiful thing to live through, The Trump Revolution isn't too shabby either. Imagine you're baptized a Catholic, raised a fundamentalist Protestant and have a child with your namesake, Ron Reagan Jr., and he is doing spots for the Freedom from Religion Foundation. The Gipper is rolling in his grave. I guess atheism is the only way for Jr. being with all the cocks he smoked it would be too long in the confessional.

taxfree4
05-30-2018, 12:54 PM
:yes: to your mom and dad for their service. They understood...........so many today don't have a clue.

Right back at ya big stuff.