PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade up for better paint???

chipmaker
11-12-2013, 03:12 PM
When the next year F6Bs come out, if we discover the paint is better, would you trade up?? I know some are more bothered by it than others.

Scotrod
11-12-2013, 04:14 PM
I believe it would truly depend on how bothered you were.

Most likely get the bike repainted whatever color you want for ~close~ to the hit you'd take on the trade in value of your 1 yr old used bike.

Does anyone have a bike where the paint has actually worn/scratched through yet?

ghostrider
11-12-2013, 04:32 PM
I voted no because I wouldn't trade up next year for paint. I may trade up in a few years if the paint is better and they add a few options on like cruise or ABS. It may take them a few years to get it right anyway. But I'm pretty sure I'm not going to own another brand of bike. Probably as soon as I get this bike exactly the way I want it I'll trade it in lol.

chipmaker
11-12-2013, 04:43 PM
I would trade up for better paint and ABS for sure...

Steve 0080
11-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Me....NO..... I am loyal to my friends and feel the same about a piece of equipment that takes care of me.....

bob109
11-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Those long hours of detailing are forever gone. Swirl marks in soft paint are a way of life with the F6B. A quick wash and dry with the red/black is all that I need to satisfy myself. At this stage of the game I'm looking at "functional" and not "fancy". No "bling" (chrome) on the 6 was one of the reasons I bought the bike. Previous rides were adorned in chrome to include every last nut and bolt head:icon_rolleyes:
No paint "wear through", no problem:icon_wink:

F6BPDX
11-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Nope. The bike has some scuffs and dings from being a demo. The paint looks fine, and I am not one to polish the bike anyways just wash with soap and water which has no effect on the paint.

If I was concerned about the paint I would much rather just have the bike done with a custom paint scheme other than take a hit on a trade in.

Mustangjake
11-12-2013, 06:58 PM
I mite in a few years if we get more power and cruise control.
But not for any other reason
As long as they don't make a dark blue one.:021:

HogSlayer
11-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Gonna paint mine this winter and it will be clear coated

edgeman55
11-12-2013, 07:48 PM
No way will I trade her in.I will wait till I get sick of taking care of the crap black paint and get a custom paint job done.

fl1madmax
11-12-2013, 08:14 PM
I voted no because I wouldn't trade up next year for paint. I may trade up in a few years if the paint is better and they add a few options on like cruise or ABS. It may take them a few years to get it right anyway. But I'm pretty sure I'm not going to own another brand of bike. Probably as soon as I get this bike exactly the way I want it I'll trade it in lol.

With all that torque and power 6 speed is needed for better gas mileage !

RT59
11-12-2013, 08:44 PM
If the trade is just for paint - then no. I will keep mine. If you throw in cruise control too - I'm starting to give it a serious look. Throw in ABS for and keep the price within 1k of the current deluxe and I'll be a serious buyer. I don't even mind the yellow and black!

1951vbs
11-12-2013, 09:02 PM
I think my paint is "OK" but a bad factory paint job would be a great excuse to get a custom paint job and less $ than you would lose on the trade. Also I don't want ABS and my throttlemiester is good enough for me. Cruise and ABS is just a liability when you get over 100,000 miles on your bike.

unsub
11-12-2013, 09:18 PM
No paint issues here. The bike runs beautifully, no need to change.

Very interesting responses so far. I like it.:cheers:

Dirtstiff's F6B
11-12-2013, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=unsub;14730]No paint issues here. The bike runs beautifully, no need to change.

No issues with my paint.

J

pblair
11-12-2013, 11:10 PM
I have been thinking about trying a thermal reactive paint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhBSBG7NekA

Big Jay
11-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Nope I will just get a custom paint job if and when it needs it. So far no problems with the paint. No more than any other new bike or car ; you always notice every little thing when they are new.

F6B-RICH
11-13-2013, 01:00 AM
Voted NO.My paint is not that bad and I added to many mods to trade her in already.I have plans this winter for my paint so it will be a none issue in 2014 :icon_biggrin:

Darkknight
11-13-2013, 10:50 AM
I usually hold on to my vehicles for a long time. The paint doesn't look too bad. Also after putting a couple grand into little do-dads and Gizmos, it's just about perfect for me. The only thing left is a super comfortable seat.
My paint after 7000 miles is not all that bad.

photodiver
11-13-2013, 11:09 AM
I have been thinking about trying a thermal reactive paint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhBSBG7NekA

Now that is cool. I like it.

opas ride
11-13-2013, 03:27 PM
I didn't take any chances and had mine custom painted Brandywine Red Clearcoat before I picked it up last September...Looks great and if, and when, I can figure out to post a picture I will.....Did not like the factory colors anyhow and my wife picked the new color.....

jarhead22
11-13-2013, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't trade for paint issues. My paint is not what I would expect on a bike less than a year old, but it is not horrible either. My problem is that if the company isn't willing to fix a known paint issue, what will they do with any other issues that arise? I am thinking that if I trade it will be for another brand. I enjoy my F6b but have no confidence in Honda in backing their product, which is why I thought I bought a Honda to begin with. At least dealing with HD you know you are gonna bend over.

Yeahoo Whoyah
11-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Nope.
If I was concerned about the paint I would much rather just have the bike done with a custom paint scheme other than take a hit on a trade in.

Ditto.

Dirtstiff's F6B
11-22-2013, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE=unsub;14730]No paint issues here. The bike runs beautifully, no need to change.

No issues with my paint.

J

Good coat of "Black Box" wax and spray on clear coat works perfectly. No soft paint.

J

4DI2D
11-23-2013, 11:00 PM
w I'm really confused!
How do you trade up from an F6B???:icon_doh:

Mustangjake
11-24-2013, 02:24 AM
I think me means if Honda came out with a better painted one.

lewis/ec
11-24-2013, 11:00 AM
One of the best paint products I used was the 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. It takes out small scratches and swirl marks. It has no wax or UV protectants in it, so you will need to seal after. But its truly amazing on a black bike. Have to get it at your local paint shop.

av8rdave
11-28-2013, 09:12 AM
I would trade up for ABS and/or cruise control.

Somebody up thread mentioned a 6th gear for fuel economy. Does anybody have a guesstimate on how much improvement you could reasonably expect? I'm thinking a similar ratio differential to that between 4th and 5th.

MSGT-R
12-04-2013, 09:55 AM
I would add stuff, but not trade up. I have too many upgrades on this bike now to be bothered with doing it again. If I want another color, I'll just have it painted.

Wild Bill
12-06-2013, 06:50 PM
No....But then I am not having any problem with paint. Spray on bike wash ,shammie and some chrome cleaner on pipes and Done...

Elin in So. Cal.
12-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Won't trade it in, this is enough bike for me. Anyway, I used to do custom painting, so guess I'd do it myself...
Still doing helmets.328832893290
I think what I like about the Honda is that the parts that need painting (when they do) are all PLASTIC. Pop offs, and voila... fun times with the air guns! I think my red deluxe will be changing to a Tequila Sunrise.... hmmmm..

Phantom
12-06-2013, 10:16 PM
I used to do custom painting,Still doing helmets.

Nice painting of the "Death Dealer" .notworthy.