PDA

View Full Version : Removing Helibars

Slowpoke
05-29-2018, 07:29 PM
Has anyone removed their Helibars?

I think they've been the best improvement I've made to the B.
But things change, and I'm trading my 2013 in on a 2018 GoldWing DCT.

I'm removing some of the extras that the dealer will give me nada zip budkis for.

I'd like to know if there is any way to remove the Helibars without introducing air to the fluid lines,
or am I stuck with bleeding both complete systems?

Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated.

And as a side note, am I still going to be welcome at the F6B Rallies?

opas ride
05-29-2018, 08:25 PM
Not trying to steal your thread, but I am considering several options to improve my riding experience. New front fork springs, all balls bearings etc. etc. Helibars might be an option or risers or something...Really like the 2018 Goldwing myself and might trade sometime later in the year if possible....Let us know how you like the new version compared to older models..Much more expensive way to go than just up-grading to Helibars and new front end, but the new bikes look "super nice" and I like the front end changes as well as the fairing and windshields...Regards and ride safe

DaWadd
05-30-2018, 09:33 AM
Pretty sure you will have to bleed the front brakes and clutch after removal.

BIGLRY
05-30-2018, 09:58 AM
Pretty sure you will have to bleed the front brakes and clutch after removal.Nope not necessarily,
if you are real careful it is possible to change (add/remove) the extensions for the brake & clutch hydraulic line connections and not have to bleed the system. In the HeliBars install instructions they tell you how to install without bleeding and the reveres is true if you follow the proper procedure. I did not have to bleed my system when I installed the HeliBars, I just followed their instructions on how to do without bleeding the system and it will work for the removal too.

Walcrow
05-30-2018, 10:08 AM
If you have to bleed the brakes and never done it, this is the easiest and simplest way to do it. Delboy's vids are as good as it gets to fix just about anything on a bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsWAybC05RQ

Slowpoke
05-30-2018, 05:33 PM

Nope not necessarily,
if you are real careful it is possible to change (add/remove) the extensions for the brake & clutch hydraulic line connections and not have to bleed the system. In the HeliBars install instructions they tell you how to install without bleeding and the reveres is true if you follow the proper procedure. I did not have to bleed my system when I installed the HeliBars, I just followed their instructions on how to do without bleeding the system and it will work for the removal too.

Thanks - exactly correct.

My internet was down today, so I didn't see your response until just now.

I called Helibars direct, and got pretty much the same helpful advice from Harry, one of the principals there.

He went in to enough detail to make the job much simpler.

I asked about their product for the 2018. They are finalizing design of some risers which will be going into
production shortly.

Multi-adjustable ones? Not for a while, maybe not at all - Boo, Hiss!

DaWadd
05-31-2018, 08:39 AM
Guess I was wrong. I stand corrected. Only put them on never taken off yet.:spank: