PDA

View Full Version : 2015 F6B with 88k

Defiant77
06-30-2018, 01:19 PM
Greetings everyone,

Opinions on a 2015 F6B with 88k miles. Bike looks good and it is located at a dealership. I know wings are famous for being pretty indestructible and 88k is not that much in the grand scheme of things as long as the maintenance has been kept up. But that is a lot of miles in a relatively short period of time. Opinions?

Defiant77

jm21ddd15
06-30-2018, 02:07 PM
Bike should be just fine, if it was maintained correctly. You didn't mention the price $$$ they are asking. Ask for any maintainence records, check the manufacture date on both tires, and tread depth. Try and get a look at the engine oil, get some on your finger, and give it a smell. Check for a "burned" odor. Look for any leaks, engine, radiator, and have a look at the final drive oil, if you can. Ask for the proof of the brake recall being done and the condition of the brake pads and rotors. Put the bike on the centerstand, and rotate the rear wheel, check for brake drag. If the bike was kept up well, all should be good!

Defiant77
06-30-2018, 02:31 PM
Bike should be just fine, if it was maintained correctly. You didn't mention the price $$$ they are asking. Ask for any maintainence records, check the manufacture date on both tires, and tread depth. Try and get a look at the engine oil, get some on your finger, and give it a smell. Check for a "burned" odor. Look for any leaks, engine, radiator, and have a look at the final drive oil, if you can. Ask for the proof of the brake recall being done and the condition of the brake pads and rotors. Put the bike on the centerstand, and rotate the rear wheel, check for brake drag. If the bike was kept up well, all should be good!

They are asking $9585 and it is the matt gray. looks like it has driver and passenger back rests, luggage rack and floor boards, can't tell what else from the photos. Looks good.

Felloverboard
06-30-2018, 06:23 PM
I would definately add an extended warranty with a used bike that the full knowledge of is not available and check the carfax also..... Extended warranty can run 600-1000 at a dealership if it is still available on that bike

Defiant77
06-30-2018, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the info. I did find out that the previous owner bought the bike from a dealership down in the Miami area and rode Iron Butt a lot (obviously) representing the Honda shop where he purchased it and they performed all the service and maintenance work. The sales manager told me that he would get me the records and have them when I go to look and ride the bike. So far it looks pretty good.

Heatnbeat
07-01-2018, 07:53 AM
Better be careful riding that bike. You'll go for a short afternoon ride and wind up in Butte Montana.

Sorcerer
07-01-2018, 10:51 AM
Honey we need a gallon of milk. Ok, your car is blocking mine. I’ll just take the bike....... an hour and a half later the wife calls her husband. Husbands blue tooth rings in his helmet. Honey I needed that milk right away. Husband, I’m trying to get home but the bike has other ideas. A week later her husband still has not returned.

jmdaniel
07-01-2018, 11:34 AM
They are asking $9585 and it is the matt gray. looks like it has driver and passenger back rests, luggage rack and floor boards, can't tell what else from the photos. Looks good.

I'd look for one that had less miles on it. I know they go forever, but that one is half way to forever, and the price, at least to me, doesn't reflect that.

olegoat345
07-01-2018, 12:18 PM
Check Cycle Trader, ebay, craigslist & this forum (listing for just bikes for sale @ top. check the older ones too) you might find a real steal. With that much mileage, I doubt if the dealer has much money in it as a trade in. I'm betting there's better deals to be had. As great a bike as the B's are, people aren't beating down the door to buy them.

jm21ddd15
07-01-2018, 02:43 PM
I would get the records, and check them closely. Also, I wouldn't go much past $8000, tax included. At least it's the fastest color!

Defiant77
07-01-2018, 03:39 PM
All good advice. Definitely going to try and get the maintenance records and give them a going over. The miles seem high to some and not so much to others. It depends on the upkeep for me. On the other hand, I am also checking out a 2013 red on this week with only 2.5K on it, with an asking price of $10k. Also a good looking bike and also very tempting.

VStarRider
07-02-2018, 06:42 AM
Just my opinion....and every market is different...but just because the GWs are basically indestructible does not mean one with nearly 90,000 miles on it is worth almost $10,000.

These miles do not hurt the engine, but every other part on that bike has been rolling through 90,000 miles ... shocks, forks, bearings, clutch, and so on. Inevitably, this is a motorcycle that will need some maintenance and repair.

I wonder what this dealer gave the previous owner on trade. Dare I say half that price, reflected in either a straight up deal or worked into the price of the new bike...

As others have said, buyers have purchased an F6B with fewer than half the miles for less than than the price on this bike ... and, as much as we love this bike, it is not a hot commodity in the used bike market.

This is only my opinion ... take it or leave it ... best of luck.

Felloverboard
07-02-2018, 12:20 PM
The red is not a red metallic.... no shine on the red factory F6B color.

tenxxx
07-02-2018, 03:15 PM
Thats a lot of miles, And the price is a little high.
I prefer to put the miles on them self.
If its a second bike then go for it. If its going to be your only bike, Hold out if you can and get one with fewer miles.
You will be better off and you will also feel more confident that you won't be spending money on maintenance right away.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Blackbird
07-03-2018, 12:26 PM
If you don't mind a bit of a drive, I bought my 2013 F6BD (Black) at WOW motorcycles in Marietta, GA. Just a little north of ATL. Mine had 20k miles on it, for under $11k.

dickiedeals
07-06-2018, 01:55 PM
Bologny the motor and tranny on the F6B is good for 300,000 plus miles 20k is barely broken in.........

BigAl1952
07-07-2018, 03:16 PM
There is 2 2013's in my neck of the woods one with 0 miles on it and one with 2500 miles on it for 12K. They might be older but 9500 for a 2015 is to much.

Defiant77
07-07-2018, 04:09 PM
Agreed. I have made a deal for a red 2013 with 4k on it and it is just what I am looking for. I prefer private sellers over dealerships since they charge such ridiculous fees. I understand they have to make a profit, but some of them are real predators. I looked at a 13 in Ocala and the dealer prep fee was nearly $1k and the bike could not be test ridden. They said it was because they take all the fluids out of the bikes on the showroom. Needless to say I walked out on that one even though I was willing to pay cash. The multi-location dealerships are getting as bad as car lots.

Defiant77

F6Bster
07-07-2018, 05:26 PM
Agreed. I have made a deal for a red 2013 with 4k on it and it is just what I am looking for. I prefer private sellers over dealerships since they charge such ridiculous fees. I understand they have to make a profit, but some of them are real predators. I looked at a 13 in Ocala and the dealer prep fee was nearly $1k and the bike could not be test ridden. They said it was because they take all the fluids out of the bikes on the showroom. Needless to say I walked out on that one even though I was willing to pay cash. The multi-location dealerships are getting as bad as car lots.

Defiant77
:congrats:'welcome gang''all/right':icon_goodpost:

olegoat345
07-08-2018, 08:42 AM
Yea, lots of the dealers here in FL. are rip offs w/ their dealer rip off fees for this, that, & the other. If you don't ask, you never know about them until it's time to close the deal. Indian dealer in Ocala is almost $2,000 bucks. The old / defunked Honda dealer in Eustis was over $1400, don't know about the new owners. Another thing they like to do is write your deal down (w/o fees) on the back of a business card or a scrap piece of paper. If it's not a OTD (out the door) price, on a invoice w/ a company letter head, I'm walking...……………….. The Indian dealer in NC had a $63 paperwork fee, plus he beat every bodies deal close to $2k. Well worth the drive to P/U the new '16 Indian Chief w/ a Corvette Red & Pearl White custom paint job. Shortly after I brought it, I test rode a "B" & the beautiful, top heavy Indian had to go...…………….. Love my B.

jmdaniel
07-08-2018, 08:36 PM
I never go into a dealership until the OTD price is agreed upon. Ever. They are selling a commodity, and commodities trade on price.

VStarRider
07-10-2018, 07:05 PM
New York must have some regulations in place on dealers, because I have never heard of such fees on bikes, sleds, ATVs. The only fee I have seen is freight and prep, which varies a little, but prep never exceeds a couple hundred bucks, and many dealers waive it (I did not pay it on my bike in 2015).

I know car dealers have the vise grips on them here...all DMV and dealer fees are capped. All dealer-sold used cars with less than 100,000 miles also come with a mandated warranty on major powertrain and equipment. Until I was in my 20s, I thought all states had that, but NY is one of the few.