PDA

View Full Version : Hit again

wjduke
07-14-2018, 07:24 AM
Just had my 2nd bike accident. Got rear ended on Rt195 in New Bedford, Ma. Traffic slowed, guy behind me didn’t. I was doing around 50, he hit me at 70. Bike is totaled. I’m in the hospital but will heal. I think this is the end of my riding days. I’ve been hit twice, not my fault. Doesn’t seem like it’s in the cards for me. Maybe I’ll change my mind, time will tell. Be safe out there. I couldn’t change what happened to me, but keep that head on a swivel.

Defiant77
07-14-2018, 07:31 AM
WJ,

Sorry to see that but thanks for posting as it serves as a reminder that many cagers are driving with cranial rectal inversion. As a retired motorcycle officer I learned a long time ago to keep my all roving especially while stopped and to leave myself an opening that I can escape from. Speedy recovery and God speed.

Defiant77

JGF6B
07-14-2018, 08:02 AM
Sorry to hear this Wayne. I hope you heal quickly and fully.

Highway riding in traffic is the worst. Too many people in a hurry and the rider has very little control over the situation.
Highway traffic is why I stopped riding several years ago but I was fortunate in that I didn't get hit, only experienced close calls.
I started riding again once I could completely avoid the highway traffic.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Hopefully the rest of us will avoid highway traffic.

Felloverboard
07-14-2018, 10:07 AM
I never rest when stopped till one vehicle behind me has stopped first. I flash my lights continually when one is approaching and I am stopped. Also having a strobe brake light is a good thing.

Bowhunter1800
07-14-2018, 10:46 AM
Sorry to hear that. My wife and I were broadsided on our bike a few weeks ago. Totaled the bike. My wife has a broken left shoulder and broken left foot. Came real close to her losing her leg from knee down but she's past that now. Her foot still has 6 months recovery and leg about a year. The woman that hit us ran a stop sign and came through 2 lanes of stopped traffic and hit us going the other way. She has the Illinois state minimum insurance of $25,000. After all of this we are done riding also.

You guys all ride safe
Roger

3Chief
07-14-2018, 11:41 AM
Have a speedy recovery.

nvmyf6
07-14-2018, 01:12 PM
Sorry to hear this, thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.

Bryster
07-14-2018, 06:47 PM
Glad to see you're still typing, get out of hospital soon and keep enjoying life buddy!

Fingerz
07-14-2018, 07:05 PM
Sorry to hear this. I hope you have a speedy recovery. It took me years to get back on a bike after being hit by a car.

DMAGOLDRDR
07-14-2018, 07:27 PM
Very sorry to hear you got injured Wayne. I hope your not in much pain and have no lasting injuries.

Bowhunter1800
07-14-2018, 08:59 PM
I just told my wife about your accident. You will be in our prayers for a speedy recovery. Good luck to you

Brasco
07-14-2018, 11:17 PM
Very sorry to hear this news, Wayne. Hopefully you're out of hospital soon and enjoying the rest of your summer and good things ahead.

wjduke
07-15-2018, 05:57 AM
Thank you all. I'm home. Battered and bruised. One slight back fracture but as of now no surgery. I can barely move, but I can't sit still all day either. As I said, this is my 2nd time getting hit. First was a broadside on my right ankle. I rode again and that's how I got my F6B. This one has me thinking that my chances have been used up. We'll see, never say never. All I can say is enjoy it, but man, be careful. It's the only extra thing I have in my life besides work, so this will be tough Life will go on.
I have pics, but trust me, you don't want to see them. It's amazing that I survived, honestly.

tenxxx
07-15-2018, 09:31 AM
Thank you all. I'm home. Battered and bruised. One slight back fracture but as of now no surgery. I can barely move, but I can't sit still all day either. As I said, this is my 2nd time getting hit. First was a broadside on my right ankle. I rode again and that's how I got my F6B. This one has me thinking that my chances have been used up. We'll see, never say never. All I can say is enjoy it, but man, be careful. It's the only extra thing I have in my life besides work, so this will be tough Life will go on.
I have pics, but trust me, you don't want to see them. It's amazing that I survived, honestly.

Keep moving through the pain. You'll heal faster but don't over do it.
Hope everything turns out ok for you.
The first time I rode a bike I was looking for an escape route the whole ride. That never went away.
I rode for 45 years before my first accident. It was my fault.
I think I'll give it up in a couple years and trade it in on a motor home.
Not gonna stop exploring. Just gonna do it on 4 or 8 wheels.
Heal fast friend

ReserveBum
07-15-2018, 03:00 PM
Really sorry Wayne. Hope you heal fast & smooth. Stay in touch!

wjduke
07-15-2018, 04:13 PM
Neither was my fault. I wore gear 99.9% of the time. Only once in a while no jacket. I got a bigger bike, flashing brake lights, bright gear...it points to me loving it, but just have the worst luck. I have to look at the big picture. I thought I was one and done. Not telling anyone what to do. I might even come back. Have to give it time at this point. Love the site. Will be around!

OlyF6B
07-15-2018, 06:33 PM
So sorry for your troubles... 2x accident like that is just terrible. Prayers for healing!!