PDA

View Full Version : Battery jump start

2wheelsforme
07-26-2018, 03:11 PM
Making plans for the long trip coming up and thinking my battery is now over 3 years old but working perfectly. Thought about going ahead and getting a new one and decided no I will get a small jump starter instead. So Amazon delivered my new toy today and it is getting the new full charge that is instructed. Gooloo in a 800 amp is supposed to be way more than enough to give several boosts even to large V8 motors. Flashlight, device power, etc. should be a handy item to have if you experience a batt failure or just need one of the other features. Using an air pump also makes me think how easy it would be to run down a bike battery. It is smaller than my hand and not heavy at all. It will fit in my saddle bags just fine.

Az Wingrider
07-26-2018, 06:18 PM
I am sure you will enjoy your new toy. I have a POD X-4 and it is great. I have used it to start motorhomes and various other vehicles. It also can be used to charge your cell phone or tablet. I think they are a wise investment and I carry mine everywhere.

Good luck

STRaider
07-27-2018, 07:20 AM
I use mine on lunch stops to keep my Bluetooth helmet and cell phone charged. I take mine on all my trips.

3Chief
07-27-2018, 09:04 AM
I use the Schumacher one, it works great. I've run my small compressor off it. I carry one in all my vehicles.