PDA

View Full Version : Kuryakyn L.E.D. Vertical Rear Run-Brake Strip Lights

dickiedeals
11-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Has anyone installed these on their F6B? Any input or Install tips would be nice. Any words of wisdom on how to make sure the VHB tape doesn't let go.
They aren't my choice of lights but I received them as a gift from a Family member and must install them or risk hurt feelings Thanks Dickie:icon_biggrin:

Steve 0080
11-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Some one did...maybe they will chime in.....All I remember was the plug and play was not out yet and they wired them in...

Gonzo
11-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Has anyone installed these on their F6B? Any input or Install tips would be nice. Any words of wisdom on how to make sure the VHB tape doesn't let go.
They aren't my choice of lights but I received them as a gift from a Family member and must install them or risk hurt feelings Thanks Dickie:icon_biggrin:

I have both sets of lights from Kuryakyn lights I have the fender tip and the vertical's in the blacked out version. I have had them on for several months and have been all over the country with no issues, at first I had just running light s until they come out with there plug and play. I'm happy with them.They are running and brake lights wished they would also be functional in turn signal but they don't.

dickiedeals
11-16-2013, 09:11 AM
I have both sets of lights from Kuryakyn lights I have the fender tip and the vertical's in the blacked out version. I have had them on for several months and have been all over the country with no issues, at first I had just running light s until they come out with there plug and play. I'm happy with them.They are running and brake lights wished they would also be functional in turn signal but they don't.

Thanks Gonzo, I'm installing mine today. I already have the black fender tip light. It has two screws with the tape. I'm a little nervous about only using VHB tape on a Painted surface. It can only be as strong as the sorry Honda paint is.....................Dickie

dickiedeals
11-16-2013, 09:15 AM
Some one did...maybe they will chime in.....All I remember was the plug and play was not out yet and they wired them in...

Thanks for replying Steve. Don't get offended about my Chrome comment....You know I love you..............Dickie

NCF6B
11-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Installed them about 2 weeks ago. Both the verticals and the tail piece. I made sure to clean the areas with alcohol and I used a heat gun to warm the area before final install. Kuryakyn sends very detailed instructions and I used the adapter from Wingstuff. It was strickly "plug and Play" all the way. The tail piece actually as has been said is held in place by 2 screws so the tape is almost incidental. The side pieces seem to be holding up very well and really light up the back of the bike! Glad to have them on. Going to get side lights as soon as budget allows. Kuryak usually sells good stuff and has great tech support. Not the cheapest game in town but stuff usually works well.

fsixb_AZ
11-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Agreed with above statement, the stick on these lights is pretty sticky :icon_biggrin:

http://youtu.be/3xurQUN9ouA

GONRDN
11-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Although I like the look, I'd like them to come out with a plug and play "run turn brake" module with 2 red bulbs to replace the amber ones.

MercuryF1
11-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Just spent 5 hours installing all the Kuryakyn rear lights. To install the saddlebag swoop LEDs, you have to remove the side saddle lids. Taking them off was easy but putting them back was a PITA. (As the hinges mad to be lined up perfectly)

Overall, I'm happy with all the rear lights.