PDA

View Full Version : When does your season end

Darkknight
11-16-2013, 07:10 AM
Am I the only one that wants to ride until it snows?
Up here in CT it's starting to get pretty cool, (mid 50's day / 25-35 at night). 95% of the bikes around here are safely tucked away for their winter hibernation.
I plan I riding until the snow flies and if it should melt and the roads dry, I'll be out again. People think I'm nuts! It's probably because I just love this bike. My hope is to ride at least 100 miles per month right through the winter to say I rode all year long. There have been years here in CT that didn't get much snow at all, so it is possible.

glryder98
11-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Here in South Carolina we can ride all year long, just some mornings in February you have to beware of black ice

Steve 0080
11-16-2013, 07:48 AM
No snow here in Fl..... but you can cook eggs on the road in the summer !!!!

F6B-RICH
11-16-2013, 08:09 AM
As long as there is no ice/snow on the road I will ride. .snowremoval. This year will be different because I have a bunch of mods to do and I am sending out some body panels to be dipped so not sure with the turnaround time.

bob109
11-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Snow Birding to Florida for the winter, I have 12 months of riding. As my 6 is my only means of transportation, once my motor home is parked, even the trips to the grocery store are a "cycle ride":icon_biggrin:

choptop
11-16-2013, 08:39 AM
My season ended in September when I sold the Warrior and the same day had the Harley develop engine issues. Hopefully the Wi., 2014 riding season will see me on a F6B.:headbang::

db24
11-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Like CT, the riding season in Wisconsin ends for most by October. I keep going... if the roads are dry I try to get out for an hour or two as often as I can all winter. Doesn't matter if there is snow on the ground. I do like it to be nearing 40 degrees; if it is less than 32, I'll likely wait for a better day. In the last three years I only missed one month of riding; I do count at least one day of riding as a successful month and some tough months that's all I get.

dickiedeals
11-16-2013, 09:19 AM
:th_sunbathe:Never! I live in FLORIDA! .....Do have a brief intermission when Hurricanes visit.... 'windy' ...Dickie

If any of you want to come visit to get away from the cold,You are welcome in my home anytime!

Retired Army
11-16-2013, 10:26 AM
Thanks to the heated grips I am still riding in Indiana :yes:

1951vbs
11-16-2013, 10:40 AM
When I lived in Minnesota I rode anytime the roads where clear of ice and snow and the temp was at least 12 degrees F 'freezing-cold'. I had a heated gargage and washed a lot of salt off my bikes. (People thought I was nuts too, and they were probably right):icon_biggrin:

In NC/SC for the last 17 years I ride year round but it still gets cold (3 days this week on the way to work it was in the low 20's) but you just have to dress for it. We get a little snow or ice from time to time and if it sticks to the road surface I will either go into work a little late or share a ride with someone who has a car.:041:

bobbyf6b
11-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Season never ends in Phoenix. Ride north all summer and south all winter. (Going to Tombstone today)

But that doesn't stop people from complaining. "It's too hot, it's too cold"

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa! .batman-smiley.

Yeahoo Whoyah
11-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Season for riding comfortably in this part of California (inland) is 330 days-per-year. The other 35 days are spent waiting for improved conditions. Coastal California is 365 days-per-year but $ spent for housing is multiplied by 3.1416

opas ride
11-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Pretty much done here in Michigan for the season...Maybe an occasional ride if the streets are clear....Usually put the bike up from mid-December until end of March...."Sucks" but otherwise Michigan is an okay place to live.......

mikey
11-16-2013, 06:20 PM
here in ga. , motorcyclist can ride all year with decent gear in winter for the most part. the Harleys "re-emerge" in winter with a warm snap:icon_rolleyes:

BubbaJePH
11-16-2013, 09:11 PM
As long as there is no rain or ice out, I'll be on the bike, here in Hampton Roads. Last year was not too bad. I only wore my 3/4 helmet three days. I usually wear my 1/2 helmet.

SteveM
11-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Rode today in MA.

45 is my normal limit, 40 on occasion

Scotrod
11-16-2013, 11:35 PM
Typically July-August is a good time to stay inside here.
Prime time now,,,

F6BPDX
11-17-2013, 12:30 AM
The plan is to ride all year. Daily commute to work.

Bama Bagger
11-17-2013, 02:58 AM
Here in Northern Alabama you can ride year round though it can get cold. Good cold weather gear is necessary and heated gear is nice but not needed always. I do have Gerbing Hybrid Gloves which are nice on the F6B (and mandatory on the Hayabusa). January and February can be from low 20's to 50's...need to watch out for black ice. :motorcycle2:

Dfinkelsteinmd
11-17-2013, 05:05 AM
I personally prefer the cooler days of Spring and Fall for riding my KTM RC8R Akra as the gumballs stick better and I don't need to wear anything under my armored suit but the rest of the year the F6B is perfect most days although I do swap out the stock windscreen for the small Cee Bailey opaque number in the summer. I am happiest in the coastal roads between Pt Reyes and Napa but Sonoma County farm country has recently gotten some super smooth new 2 lane blacktop that is like heaven on the big 6. This bike makes almost any ride memorable. I am lovin' it as Micky Dee says. Only thing that could be more fun is riding naked.

Big Dawg
11-17-2013, 02:11 PM
never

Paul B Blues
11-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Finished about two weeks when we had our first snow, that's for us mortal riders, but there are plenty of others who will ride until it's too dangerous .snowremoval.:snow1: