PDA

View Full Version : DCT tour

deacon
08-09-2018, 04:26 PM
What are people paying for the Tour model with DCT

2wheelsforme
08-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Look over at the GL board, the 2018 is the favorite subject. https://gl1800riders.com/forums/

JackB
08-10-2018, 05:32 AM
In Cederberg Wis the Honda dealer just got 20+ Goldwing's in and I think they have standard's starting at $19,999 plus setup is almost $1000. DCT is another 1000. I didn't price a Tour.
https://t.e2ma.net/click/hcdr4c/hcdboh/puw8jh

opas ride
08-10-2018, 10:03 AM
Are these new bikes selling well??..I got the impression from some dealers around here in Michigan that they are not selling very many and are somewhat concerned..I suppose it depends on where one lives....I know I am not in the market and will most likely downsize when the time comes, as age is catching up with me...

six2go
08-10-2018, 10:53 AM
Are these new bikes selling well??..I got the impression from some dealers around here in Michigan that they are not selling very many and are somewhat concerned..I suppose it depends on where one lives....I know I am not in the market and will most likely downsize when the time comes, as age is catching up with me...I hear ya Opas Ride. Although my problem isn't about the weight of the "6" but more about the width. With stiffness and some pain in my hips I find it hard to throw my right leg across the rear of the seat and saddlebags. Once mounted up, I'm good to go. I have been seriously peeking at the Indian Scout.

shortleg0521
08-10-2018, 01:08 PM
Best way is put your foot on peg and step up.
Don't stand on ground and throw leg over.

six2go
08-10-2018, 02:38 PM
Best way is put your foot on peg and step up.
Don't stand on ground and throw leg over.

I do that sometimes(when I think of it). Thanks for the input Shortleg.:039:

opas ride
08-10-2018, 04:17 PM
That is easy to say and do if your much younger...At almost 79, getting my legs over anything is a real contest anymore!!...I usually grab my pant-leg with one hand and ease my right foot over the saddle while hanging on to my jeans..Works so far for me...By the way how did this post go from DCT Goldwing sales to mounting our current bikes??...Ride safe

six2go
08-10-2018, 05:50 PM
I don't know how that happens. Sorta like a bunch of guys around a campfire sipping Bourbon............things go offtrack occasionally.:shrug:

VStarRider
08-10-2018, 09:55 PM
I don't know how that happens. Sorta like a bunch of guys around a campfire sipping Bourbon............things go offtrack occasionally.:shrug:

Sounds like you have been to my camp during snowmobile season. It's amazing ... we solve all the world's problems, then forget what all those solutions are!

BigAl1952
08-11-2018, 11:32 AM
Maybe its just me but Im gun shy of these new models until they get some time on them. Aluminum sleeves in the engine and other changes. I wonder if it will effect the durability of the engine. Ive put some extras on my 2013 and Im thinking its still just fine for me. Im not a guy who buys new anyway I will wait for a good used one to come along at a discount price