PDA

View Full Version : USB Jump drive music

Dirtstiff's F6B
11-16-2013, 05:50 PM
To those of you Wing or F6B owners familiar with the audio system.

Is there a special Jump drive needed to play down loaded music via the usb connection in the left rear saddle bag?

I loaded a good bit of music from ITunes on a new jump drive and when I tried to play it, I got a "no songs" message.

Am I using the wrong type of Jump drive or file??

Thanks

J

fsixb_AZ
11-16-2013, 10:28 PM
I may need to be corrected here, but you need a "music player" down there in the saddlebag, your jump drive is not a music player but a storage device for files. You will need an IPOD or similar device to listen to your tunes. :020:

michaels
11-16-2013, 11:04 PM
I purchased several before i found one that work....this what i ended up with.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cruzer-fit-16gb-usb-flash-drive/3613746.p?id=1218444155822&skuId=3613746&st=categoryid$abcat0504010&cp=1&lp=5

michaels
11-16-2013, 11:06 PM
Most of my songs were MP3 format and some windows media.......
i just drag the folders listed by artist to the flash drive from my laptop.

Dirtstiff's F6B
11-17-2013, 02:18 AM
I just got it figured out with some help..

I was trying to down load my Wife's I Tune play list with the wrong file format. They have to be a MP3 format.
Once I got that converted, the music plays fine from a flash drive. I then downloaded about $ 20 bucks of new music from Amazon and loaded to the flash drive.

I ended up with about 30+ new tunes to listen too. Great sound quality as well.:041:

Wife also bought me a nice quality PNY 16 gb flash drive, rated highly for music playback.

Now for some dry weather..

Thanks for the help,

J

unsub
11-18-2013, 06:39 AM
I just got it figured out with some help..

I was trying to down load my Wife's I Tune play list with the wrong file format.

You simply need to open Itunes to your music playlist/s, then drag the songs you want to a location of choice [the desktop, for example, or direct to your jump drive].

You do not need a particular brand of jump drive. I would however stay away from the "mini" style drives as they can be difficult to align when trying to insert the drive in either your desktop or cycle USB port.

Tip: I discovered that what you listen to at home or in your car may not be fully appreciated [through your external speakers] by those sitting next to you at a stop light. :headbang:

dickiedeals
11-18-2013, 08:28 AM
You simply need to open Itunes to your music playlist/s, then drag the songs you want to a location of choice [the desktop, for example, or direct to your jump drive].

You do not need a particular brand of jump drive. I would however stay away from the "mini" style drives as they can be difficult to align when trying to insert the drive in either your desktop or cycle USB port.

Tip: I discovered that what you listen to at home or in your car may not be fully appreciated [through your external speakers] by those sitting next to you at a stop light. :headbang:

Those sitting beside me at the stop light can roll up their window if they don't like what I'm listening to or better yet they can kiss it.................Dickie

Hornblower
11-18-2013, 09:06 AM

Like "J" mentioned in the post before you, I'm pretty sure it's not quite as simple as opening iTunes and dragging the songs over to a flash drive. It's my understanding that songs in iTune have to first be converted to .mp3 format and that can be done right in iTunes. Then, you can drag them over.

In addition, it's my understanding that iPods work great in this application but ONLY CERTAIN iPODS. Somewhere, I saw a list of those models that would be compatible (maybe the owner's manual).

michaels
11-18-2013, 11:51 AM
My mini usb plug into my cable and with a small amout of velco its mounted right back into the factory slot...and is out of the way:clap2:

unsub
11-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Like "J" mentioned in the post before you, I'm pretty sure it's not quite as simple as opening iTunes and dragging the songs over to a flash drive. It's my understanding that songs in iTune have to first be converted to .mp3 format and that can be done right in iTunes. Then, you can drag them over.

Well, it is that simple. :icon_rolleyes:

unsub
11-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Those sitting beside me at the stop light can roll up their window if they don't like what I'm listening to or better yet they can kiss it.................Dickie

oookay...lol

Dirtstiff's F6B
11-18-2013, 09:43 PM
I got it, convert to a MP3 File and no problems.

Music sounds great. Thanks for the help.

Jim