PDA

View Full Version : Kansas

shortleg0521
08-20-2018, 05:34 PM
Being a guy that lives in the east where there are maybe too many people my
ride on rt 156 was interesting. I got off 70 at Ellsworth and rode to Garden City.
It amazing to see all the farm land and start to wonder how much gas I had.
Glad the B has what it has. Went about 180 or so miles so was no problem.
Funny thing was when you have not been in that area.before and had seen so much nothing for so many miles you did not know what to expect.

F6Dave
08-20-2018, 08:35 PM
You have to like the higher speed limits with all the wide open spaces. They give our bikes some room to stretch their legs.

F6Bster
08-20-2018, 08:40 PM
You have to like the higher speed limits with all the wide open spaces. They give our bikes some room to stretch their legs.
...with a lot less traffic.

GaTeach
08-21-2018, 07:07 AM
The only time Sweet Georgia and I ever had the pleasure of seeing her bathed in flashing blue lights. I70 in Kansas.

Everyone kept telling me how boring Kansas was. I loved it. But I've loved every mile on SG.

shortleg0521
08-21-2018, 07:17 PM
The only time Sweet Georgia and I ever had the pleasure of seeing her bathed in flashing blue lights. I70 in Kansas.

Everyone kept telling me how boring Kansas was. I loved it. But I've loved every mile on SG.

Was the officer surprised when he found a lady driving.
No disrespect meant, just not that many ladies go for a bike like ours.

GaTeach
08-21-2018, 07:20 PM
Was the officer surprised when he found a lady driving.
No disrespect meant, just not that many ladies go for a bike like ours.

I don’t know! He found some mercy for me and I got on over to Missouri :)

Elroy
08-21-2018, 08:41 PM

I agree about Kansas. I opted to take I70 the whole way across Kansas and don't regret it, even though it sounds like Shorleg had a good time on the alt route. At a hotel in Goodland, KS right now, coming into Cortez tomorrow. Weather is looking iffy the whole way for tomorrow.

By the way Teach, thanks for the recommendation of the GLYMPSE app. My wife's appreciated having it while I'm making this solo trek.

GaTeach
08-22-2018, 07:47 AM
I agree about Kansas.

By the way Teach, thanks for the recommendation of the GLYMPSE app. My wife's appreciated having it while I'm making this solo trek.

I hope you turned the "speed" function off. :)))))

Elroy
08-22-2018, 08:03 AM
Of course!